The Meeting

Cappuccino Love

Jessica let her mind wander as she stared at Yul who was ordering his usual cappuccino. What was it about this man that attracted her? Was it his facial features? His complexion? His physique? She questioned everything as she analyzed him from head to toe. Her hands grasp the warm coffee beverage and she slowly lifted the cup to . Suddenly, Jessica felt a sharp gaze pierce her person.

He was looking at her! !

She tried to divert her eyes to the trashcan nearby only to feel warm liquid gushing down faster than she can swallow. In the midst of struggling to keep herself from choking on the warm coffee, she ended up locking her eyes with his. Their little staring contest didn't last for more than 5 seconds before Jessica pushed herself out of her seat and rushed out of the coffee shop.


"What am I doing?! Did he see me?! Oh god I must have embarrassed myself with that choking episode! I was right in front of him!!!" She didn't notice she had already reached the OK building and navigated her way up the elevator, through the crowd of employees greeting her, and to her office desk. Her hands were still covering her red face after leaving her car.

It took Jessica another 10 minutes to register she was already seated on her office chair. She shook her head and lightly slapped herself to regain her composure.

"Keep it together Jessica! Today is the important contract day! Wait Taecyeon still hasn't signed the documents yet!" Just as she was about to reach for the company phone, Taecyeon walked through the door.

"Good Morning, my dearly beloved Jessica!" He grinned at her and headed towards his desk.

Jessica recalled his situation on yesterday's phone conversation, and decided it was best to remind him about the current contract state rather than harshly scolding him like she usually did.

"Good morning to you too, Mr. Ok. I assume you are ready to sign the contract before the CEO of... err...Byun Enterprises arrive."

"Oh yes the merge. I've taken the liberty to read over the documents this morning with Seohyun. I hope you don't mind the idea I took them from your desk." Taecyeon skipped over to her desk and placed his hands in the edge of her desk leaning his face closer to her face.

"I'll let it slide this time Mr. Ok. However, I do hope you ask me next time since you have my number to-" Jessica was taken by surprise when she had looked up to see Taecyeon's face appear in front of her. Her face began to heat up as an image of alluring dark brown eyes belonging to a certain tall male appeared in her head.

Taecyeon smirked and leaned in even further. He found his head turned to the right and a sting on his cheek. "My my Jessica. I don't remember our contract permitting you to lay hands on your boss.

You should be punished for this insolence. Now, how should I correct this insubordinate behavior of yours?" Jessica quickly noticed her boss's change in attitude and backed up, but a hand grabbed her wrist and yanked her forward. The grip on her wrist tightened even further to the point that she could feel a bruise forming. Finding herself unable to escape, she shut her eyes and froze in place.

Knock knock

"Excuse me. Mr. Ok? The CEO of Byun Enterprises has arrived." 

Taecyeon released his hold and stood up heading towards the door. Jessica let a breath of relief out once she had opened her eyes to see his back facing her. She gently rubbed her right wrist noticing a light purple ring circled around her wrist.

She had forgotten. It was easy to forget his sadistic side when he always had that stupid grin and innocent attitude. Whether he had a personality disorder or he was putting up a facade, she will never know. However, the thought of his earlier actions frightened her. Nonetheless, he was still an in her eyes.

"The meeting room is ready! Jessica, make sure you grab all the paperwork. Let's us all get along, shall we?" She didn't miss the dark tone near the end. Nodding, she gathered the papers on top of her desk and followed after Taecyeon out the office.


"Good morning Mr. Kim. I'm Ok Taecyeon." Taecyeon extended his hand for a handshake. Instead of a firm handshake, Taecyeon was greeted with a horizontal hand slap.

"Heh! It's ok. No need to be formal. We're just here to make the merge official. And why Mr. Kim? Makes me sound old if you ask me. Just call me Taeng!"

"I see. Well then, let the meeting start. But first, I would like you to meet my dearest secretary, Jessica Jung."

"Hello Mr. Kim. It'll be a pleasure to work with you and your company." She bowed.

"No worries. Any friend of my girl is a friend of mine. Nice to meet you!" Taeng grinned and patted her shoulder. He winked and smiled at her as he walked passed her to the meeting table where Taecyeon was already seated. Her eyebrows twitched whilst she tried to keep the smile on her face.

She began to ponder over what Taeng had said. "Any friend of my girl is a friend of mine huh?" Then it hit her. Tiffany! That girl has been praising her date for his heroic deed saving her from a life threatening dress stain. Ugh. She wanted to facepalm herself for trying to figure who this Mr. Kim guy was.

"Jessica? You there?" A hand waved in front of her face.

"Hm. Yes? Is there a problem with the contract, Mr. Kim?"

"Uh, I just wanted to make sure you were still here. Is there something on your mind? You can call me Taeng too you know?"

"My apologies Mr.- Taeng. I just zoned out. Please continue." She smiled at him.

"Jessica normally tends to zone out. Pay her no mind." She narrowed her eyes at her boss sitting to her left.

"As I was saying, I believe the both of us will profit from his merge. We provide for the clients with your products with some minor adjustments for improvement and the split will be 60-40?"

"Mr. Ok, I am not a fool. I know about your work ethnic. The people in the business world know many things when it comes to companies like yours. I will, however, accept your conditions as long as you accept mine. The split is 50-50 and our products are to remain as they are. I have no preference how you handle the sales, but what my company sells must stay exactly the way they are when they go through your department. Our companies may benefit from this merge, but I'm sorry to say that I do not trust you. Small your company may be, but there are rumors about your tactics."

"Mr. Kim, do you not have little faith in me or my workers? How do you plan to make money if you don't change things up."

Jessica noticed the tension between the two business men. It surprised her how far she had stayed with this company, but she had no knowledge about what Taecyeon is doing behind closed doors. That reminded her... Yesterday the phone call. Was he truly depressed because he couldn't prevent his date from leaving him or was it fake? Regardless, she had to save this merge or everyone will suffer from Taecyeon's wrath.

"Ahem. Gentlemen. I believe I have come up with a solution to your disagreement. Mr. Taeng, if you will allow us to make small touch ups on your product, we will split the profit 50-50. In addition, we will-"

"What are you doing Jessica?" Taecyeon's negotiating voice was replaced with a soft rough whisper.

"I'm saving your and this company. We have gone through so many contracts and they were all with big companies too. Mr. Kim is the last client available here unless you wish to go search for new merges oversea?" She replied back in an frustrated manner.

"Well, Jessica. As much as I would love to accept that proposition, I cannot. Our products are rather sensitive to any adjustments. They are meant to be kept in their original form. The production crew have warned me if anything were to be changed, the product will cease to function."

"Seems more like you guys have cheap machines run by incompetent baboons."

Silence ensued. Two pairs of wide eyes looked at the laid back man.

What?! What have you done?!

Taeng's chin lowered, his hair covered his eyes, and his optimistic attitude disappeared. This was no longer the carefree Taeng who was concerned for her. That kind man was replaced by a cold hearted business man.

"I hope you are not trying to insult my company Taecyeon. You may insult me or question my motives, but you may not debase my employees with those derogatory words. I suggest you make 'minor' adjustments to your attitude. Until then, this contract is nullified." He grabbed all the merge papers laid out on the table and neatly organized them into his suitcase.

"I hope you have a wonderful afternoon, Jessica. And you as well, Mr. Ok." He walked out the room, but not before turning his head slightly to look at Jessica. He opened his mouth wanting to say something, but he shut it and shook his head.

With a click, the door closed leaving Jessica and her boss alone inside the room.

"Why did you say that? Where are you going to find another company to merge with? I may not have worked for you from the beginning, but I saw those files for the previous merges. All of which you ruined. The secretaries before me even wrote what you told these CEO every time there was no compromise. Incompetent bafoons?! Was it necessary?"

She was pissed. Beyond pissed.

She stormed out the meeting room, leaving behind Taecyeon who stayed nonchalant to the outburst.

"That girl needs to treat her superiors better."

 

Author's note: I finally updated! WHOO! I had a huge writer's block for this chapter. I just couldn't picture how the meeting was going to go. There were so many scenarios I could have gone with and so many characters I could have added. In the end, it came out well I guess. Not only was writer's block an issue, I had deadlines. LOTS AND LOTS of deadlines to meet. It's not easy being a senior. So many essays -__-" Anyways, I hoped you guys liked this chapter. Depending on whether I do update on Christmas or if I can even write the next chapter before Christmas, you can think of this as an early "Christmas gift" hahah. One last note. Into the New World Ballad version at Tokyo Dome was heartbreaking! I was sobbing a river. I'm still trying to bandage my heart you know? I am, however, moving on. Just as Tiffany promise and I along with sones are holding onto that promise. We will have better days. SNSD, Jessica, and sones are one! 9 more days until 2015 everybody! And 3 more days until Christmas!