Vaguely Familiar

In the Name of Professionalism

Baekhyun woke up with an excruciating headache, which only worsened when he was able to fully open his eyes to a completely foreign room. In all honesty it was much too nice to be his own room, or any of his friends room for that matter, so he tried to search his brain to remember a face, a name, anything!

CHANYEOL!

He had gone out to dinner with Chanyeol, had a few shots, sang some killer karaoke, and then…went home with him? Baekhyun couldn’t exactly remember the last part of the night, but at least he knew he was safe now…in the comfort of Chanyeol’s room.

He looked at the clock next to him on the nightstand.

2:00 p.m. ! Have I really been sleeping that long! Chanyeol must be furious!

“Aw! The princess has finally awoken from her slumber”. Maybe a kiss would have made it much sooner. Chanyeol was walking into the room with a tray of something and it made Baekhyun suddenly aware of his growling stomach.

“I’m so sorry! I must have been insanely hammered last night!” Baekhyun blurted out hoping he could avoid the wrath of his…client?

“An apology? That’s unexpected. In fact, I’m surprised you’re even talking to me”.

“Why wouldn’t I talk to you?” Baekhyun was almost asking himself this question, trying to recount any incidences from the night before that would have angered him.

“You weren’t exactly my biggest fan last night”. The promise of Baekhyun, either forgetting or forgiving him for their fight, instilled in Chanyeol a bit of bravery and he approach Baekhyun setting down the tray at his knees.

Baekhyun stared at the bowl of noodles and tall glass of water in front of him. Chanyeol was so sweet caring for me like this. Why did I have to go and get myself drunk last night. I probably looked like a real .

“Did I embarrass myself last night?” Baekhyun was almost too scared to ask, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to eat without knowing the truth.

“You mean…you don’t remember anything?”

“No…I think I remember almost everything, but after totally rocking that karaoke stage…things get a bit blurry. Must have been the adrenaline high”, Baekhyun reasoned shrugging his shoulders.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was the ten shots of Soju that did you in…not the adrenaline”. Chanyeol couldn’t help, but let a little smile creep onto his lips. The moment that he whole-heartedly wanted to take back from the night was know gone, only to remain as a distant memory in his own mind.

“Why am I in your bed though?” He looked around at the soft puffy sheets, the few plush stuffed animals, and the bowl of noodles steeping before him. I like it in here.

“You were clearly too drunk to drive yourself home…so I drove you here. When we got inside, you refused to take the couch…so I did”.

“Yeah…I tend to get a tad y when I’m drunk”.

“I noticed”…and it’s more than a tad.

“I have some good news for you though!” Baekhyun mumbled taking in a mouth full of noodles.

“Drink the water first Baek! You’re probably really dehydrated”. Chanyeol nagged poking the other’s side as he sat down next to him on the bed.

“Do you want to know the good news or not!”

“Fine…tell me the good news”. Chanyeol leaned back against the headboard. This was going to be good.

“I don’t think I’m going to have any more problems posing in front of you…so prepare yourself…because you’re going to get a totally exclusive look at this hot body”. Baekhyun nodded his head confidently at Chanyeol, raising his eyebrows and smirking suggestively.

“Wow…your humility is overwhelming”.

“Did you forget that you’re working with a model?”

“Well you certainly didn’t act like one yesterday…being all bashful in front of me. I’ll admit though…it was pretty cute”.

Baekhyun couldn’t help a blush from gracing his cheeks as he slapped Chanyeol in the arm. “Shut up! I thought you might have been a ert or something”.

“Well now you know I’m not”.

“No…now I know you are”. Baekhyun laughed as he started tickling Chanyeol’s sides.

“Stop…stop…stop”, Chanyeol yelled between intense bouts of laughter. When Baekhyun showed no sign of letting up, Chanyeol grab his wrists and flip them over so he was straddling Baekhyun’s hips with his knees. Baekhyun’s wrists were pinned to the pillow above his head and he could feel the other’s breath on his face. Once their eyes met in this intimate position, Chanyeol cleared his throat and hurriedly moved off the bed.

“Um…if you’re ready to pose in an hour or so, I’d like to paint you by the stable in the back”. Chanyeol was rubbing his neck nervously and walking backyard towards the door.

“Yeah, that sounds good”, Baekhyun nodded. He wondered why the other had gotten so nervous all of a sudden. It was a vaguely familiar reaction that he remembered seeing before…he just couldn’t place his finger on it.