To Own A Girl

Rockin The FNC

To Own A Girl

 

The day went by in something of a blur, and although you got through it, and you certainly looked busy to boot, you couldn't for the life of you remember what you had actually been doing when you stopped to summarise your day in the late afternoon. You recalled strumming on your guitar at some point, yes that was right, you had worked on your new songs. You had sung something... yes another one of those songs. And you had looked through some paperwork and found it all too much to take in... were they your projects? Yes! of course! You went over to your folders and picked up the paperwork to flick through them once more, re-attempting to make sense of them. To make sense of anything, but there was something that kept you from getting any serious work done. Your mind drifted towards that lovely face... smooth soft skin... beautiful attentive eyes, so deep brown they were almost black... Were they black? You slapped your cheek. This wasn't going to do. How were you even supposed to focus around here? You puffed out your cheeks and smacked on them a few more times, so that your cheeks started to form a gradual red colouring from the repeated impact. Focus ________. Yes YongHwa is lovely.... yes he's gorgeous... yes he kissed you again this morning.... Oh his lips are so soft and warm... so delicious... You pouted. How long was this going to go on? Why did he have such an impact on you? Was he having trouble focusing on his work today? Of course he couldn't be! He was such a big star, nothing would stand in his way! Especially not silly old little you. Was he...? You wondered if you should go and peek in the CN BLUE practice room. You weren't even sure if the boys were in the building practicing today. They had such a busy schedule being big time acts, you knew there was only a fifty percent chance of them being in today. Although YongHwa had visited you in your practice room earlier that morning... A light ticklish feeling welled up inside your stomach and you fought it down. Your head clouded over even more and you smacked your folder back down on the table, knowing that trying to focus all day had been a complete waste of time and you were no closer now to concentrating on the work at hand than you were six or seven hours ago. You slumped down in your chair, admitting defeat.

Earlier in the day:

There was a knock on your practice room door, you had barely been inside for ten minutes. Who could it possibly be so soon? Your stomach lurched as for a split second you thought it might be HanJu, having come in for the day and been informed he was no longer your appointed Personal Assistant. However, as you cautiously turned your head to see the door opening, your anxieties were immediately dispelled and the lurching in your stomach seemed to do a confused kind of tumble on its head and rise up again so that you felt a light sensation, as if you were walking on clouds and could no longer feel your legs. The sudden change of your inside movements caught you off guard and you tottered ungraciously to the side, gripping the back of your chair as you stood in your place dumbly. It felt like your knees were going to give way at any moment. Hold on to the chair... don't make a fool of yourself... You smiled in a giddy kind of way, slightly embarrassed and hoping the person who entered did not notice your terribly unco reaction.

That person either did or did not notice, whether they did was unclear as they moved further into the room purposefully. They took slow steady steps towards you, each step closer seemed exaggerated by the infuriatingly dragging pace of their otherwise long, determined legs. Dark piercing eyes were on yours, staring into you as if trying to make an imprint on your soul. It was impossible to look away from such a powerful stare, but at least the power in them seemed to be holding you up, steadying you, your buckling knees just held in place magically by the pull of those eyes. You knew then that this was a stare that could always keep you together, no matter what was wrong with you, physically, emotionally, mentally... those strong, sure eyes, with so much intense power and fixation that were demanding your full attention would always hold you in place, hold you together. If you were a china plate dropped on a stone floor, so long as those eyes were watching you, looking out for you, you wouldn't shatter to pieces. Even if cracks shoot across your delicate pure surface, you would not notice, you would go on functioning as a fully working china plate. Your broken cracked particles would remain intact, held together. That was how you felt right now, that nothing could ever break you. Those eyes were daring you to even try changing the fate that they had in store for you. There was nothing in the world more powerful to you than those eyes. They were your world.

The steps quickened, and you felt your breathing speed up along with them. With the quickened pace, a deep, seductive voice spoke out from perfectly formed full lips. "I still didn't get it," it said with a slight lilt of accusation. "Do you want me to starve all day?"

Pulled back into the present situation, your forehead creased as your regarded these words in confusion. "N-neh?"

YongHwa stopped just a foot from you, he held your gaze for a moment, that impossibly severe gaze that cut through every layer of you. He then allowed his eyes to wander down your body slowly, making you shift where you stood self consciously, and meet his eyes indignantly now as they came back to search yours. They twinkled with a new kind of mood instantaneously. He raised his eyebrows up and down quickly, as if he was hinting at something. "My breakfast, can I have it now?"

Your lips parted in surprise, and you let out a small unexpected laugh. He came all the way back from his practice room in the space of ten minutes, just because of that? What on earth would he have said to his band members to shoot off so soon after only just arriving for the day? What a surprising guy! Thinking all this, you hadn't actually uttered a word. Only looked at him incredulously.

He took another small step towards you, almost timidly, but you knew YongHwa better than that. He winced and clutched at his stomach, "_______, I'm so hungry. I really want my breakfast." He made some kind of a half laugh, half cry, as he rubbed his stomach and cracked an eye open at you expectantly.

You put your hands on your hips, gaining some of your strength back now that he was acting like a total goofball, the mysterious intensity of his initial presence put on the back shelf for now, and thankfully so. "Mr Jung YongHwa!" you snapped at him, though in good humour. "A man of your age should know how to feed himself! It's not my fault you haven't had any breakfast, why come here and whinge to me!"

"Yah!" YongHwa had called out at the way you had addressed him. He stuck out his bottom lip as if his feelings had been hurt. "I thought I told you what you should call me! No more of this Mr Jung business!" He mimicked you in a high pitched voice, calling his name like that and you let out a burst of laughter and were quick to cover your mouth with dignity. "And anyway," he moved to close the gap between you and you instinctively took a step back without thinking. His eyebrow flicked upwards at this, and he took another step as you fought not to move backwards again. You leant back slightly, and he leaned in slightly. The two of you looked like a sweet little boy leaning in to kiss a sweet little girl in one of those old classic water fountain designs. He even had his hands behind his back in that cutely earnest kind of way, all that was missing was a flower hidden there. "You know what breakfast I was thinking of... I told you before..." His voice trailed off as he looked at you, his face centimetres from yours, so you could take in all his perfection up close. His eyes looked enlargened in the shadows between your faces, you could just make out his pupils, which had grown considerably in size too at the close proximity. Wasn't that supposed to mean something? You could not answer him, only gulp and notice that there was no saliva in your throat. He smirked at you. "So because I am a grown man, I should just go and feed myself?" The smirk widened and he took in all of your face with his eyes, moving in even more so that you could feel the heat from his lips with your own lips, even though they were not yet touching. "Arraso, I'll just help myself." And with that, you felt his lips finally fall onto yours and your eyes fluttered closed. He breathed in deeply through his nose and you felt his arms encase you as he pulled you into his embrace. His kiss became more passionate as he moved his head further onto yours, almost pushing you down, but he brought up his hand to hold your head in place so you were not pushed away by his strong desperate kisses. The wet warmth from his mouth was like heaven to you, your body melting towards his as he held onto you tightly and sent you into another world far from the dull white of the FNC practice room. This kiss lasted a long time, your mind completely blanked by anything else and filled only with thoughts of YongHwa. The way he feels under your hands, the perfect sensation of his lips on yours, his tongue in your mouth, the way he breathed onto you... the heat from his body, the way he seemed to groan when your fingers trailed down his neck to his chest and he almost crushed you in his arms against himself in a new wave of passion. The kiss was eventually broken by YongHwa's phone ringing, and he kept one arm around you as he took the call with his other hand.

"Yobsayo?" YongHwa snapped into the receiver curtly.

Inaudible gabbling from the speaker at YongHwa's ear. You rested your head against his chest as he listened distractedly. He looked down at you and slung his occupied arm around the back of your head so he was awkwardly hugging you to him with both arms, the phone crushed against the side of his face uncomfortably by his raised elbow. You stifled a giggle at how he looked. The pitch of the gabbling picked up at the sound of your voice.

"Oh, ani. I'm in the elevator, it's just the visitors.... Neh... Very pretty, neh." YongHwa winked at you as you looked up at him quizzically.

More gabbling, some laughter. More gabbling.

"Neh, I'll be hanging up now. Oh." True to his word, and in complete Korean fashion YongHwa hung up just like that. It always puzzled you how the Koreans never really seemed to say goodbye at the end of their conversations.

You remained staring at him with that quizzical expression and he scratched the back of his head and laughed at you. "Moh?" (What?) He nudged you lightly when you didn't reply immediately. "Mohhh? Mohhhhhh?"

"Pretty girls in the elevator huh?" you probed, though you knew it was an excuse he made to cover up the fact he was with you. "Who was that anyway?"

YongHwa looked down at you in mild amusement. "Already the nosy little girlfriend, aren't you?"

You crossed your arms and made a face at him, which made him laugh but you didn't change your playfully stern expression and waited.

"Yah, stop looking at me like that," he made to hug you but you stepped back and watched him pointedly. "Yah!" he looked disgruntled at your rejection towards his embrace. "That was JungShin-ah and MinHyuk-ah," he said eventually, "We've got some business outside of FNC today. Seems I came to meet them at the wrong place... I must have forgotten because I've been too distracted...." He looked away from you shyly and your heart missed a beat. "I'll have to go meet them in town. I didn't see them when I got up this morning otherwise they would have reminded me." His eyes darted back to you now, his lips quivered and you narrowed your eyes at the change in his expression, knowing it was never anything good. "But those girls in the elevator were quite pretty. You should have seen them, _______. Maybe you could learn a few things."

You didn't think about it, you just punched him in the arm. You knew it was a joke, but the smug way in which he said it still made you want to hurt him.

YongHwa rose his arms up in defence. "Oww, you've got some strength for a girl." He rubbed his arm where you had hit him, even though you were sure it hadn't been very hard. Seeing no guilt from you, he pouted. "Aren't you going to make me feel better?" he pressed, giving you puppy eyes and leaning in towards you hopefully.

You shook your head at him and pulled back, your lips thinned sternly. "Ani, but if you're smart with me again you're getting it even harder."

YongHwa didn't react how you thought he would. He brought his lips close to your ear and you froze in your place as his warm breath tickled the side of your face. "Is that meant to be a threat? Because it's getting me kind of excited..."

Appalled, you pushed him away and glared at him. "Mr Jung YongHwa!"

YongHwa narrowed his eyes seductively at you for a moment and then his face broke and he started laughing instead. He clutched his stomach as his laughter increased, and you stood there grumpily watching him laugh at you. Your grumpiness just seemed to make him laugh all the harder. A tear rolled from his eye and he wiped it away, sniffing and chuckling. "Ah, you should have seen your face, _______. Admit it, you'll never get the better of me. I'm too strong."

A quick mental calculation told you that it was probably safe just to leave it here.  You huffed and refused to reply to this, instead placing your hands on your hips and waiting for this ridiculous boy to settle himself. "That's quite enough thank you very much, Mr Jung."

At this it was YongHwa's turn to look disgruntled. "Why? You shouldn't call me that anymore," he told you stroppily. "Why can't you just call me Oppa instead?"

"O-oppa?" you spluttered.

YongHwa's face broke into a smile immediately as you involuntarily said what he had wanted you to say. "Neh! Just like that, ______. Oppa! But with more enthusiasm." He flicked his fingers at you as if getting a dog to do a trick, nodding his head at you to follow his cue.

You your teeth, unimpressed.

"Come on!" YongHwa whined and he stepped towards you, grabbing your hands and placing your arms around his waist. He swayed in his place, keeping your arms firm around him as he moved teasingly inside them. "Just do it... Come on! It's not that hard! Or I'll keep you dancing here with me all day!" he swayed and wiggled with more fervour, making you move with him stiffly. He was grinning down at you triumphantly as the two of you moved about in that awkward kind of dance. It was a little embarrassing, and you started laughing despite yourself. What this must look like to an outsider if someone was to walk by. You had to stop it, and the only way how was to give YongHwa what he wanted. He really was physically too strong for you to fight him off with success. Fighting him only seemed to make him worse. As if he could read your mental thought process he grinned at you expectantly.

"I think it's time for you to go, Oppa," you said finally, the last word seemed to shoot out of your mouth with too much speed so that it was almost as if you missed it. "Your band members are waiting for you and you have things to do today! We can't just stand around like this all day!" You made to pull away but it seemed you were not yet free.

"Ah, bab bab bab!" YongHwa exclaimed and you looked at him in surprise. "I didn't quite hear you... What did you call me?"

You looked at him and he grinned mischievously. So be it, you thought in defeat. You would have to be the sensible one here, and get things moving. "Oppa," you said simply. "You have to go. Aren't you a professional? It won't do for you to be late."

YongHwa wiggled his eyebrows at you. And you fought off a laugh. "Ah, kreyo yobbo. (Honey). Oppa will have to leave you and go and do his work." He sighed and let go of you. Your muscles felt strange after having been made to dance like that. You rubbed at your arms absentmindedly as you regarded this dangerously playful guy before you. He was looking at you regretfully, but then he smiled. "I'll come back for you later, arraso?"

You nodded and smiled back. And with that YongHwa backed out of the room, walking backwards so that he could keep looking at you until the door was shut and he blew a kiss and winked at you through the window. You blushed and waved him away, turning your back to him and trying to look busy with your projects. You heard him walk away and turned slowly to smile absently at the empty window. You let out a wistful sigh.

 

Back to the Afternoon:

You looked up at the clock in the corner of the room and decided to call it a day. Yes most of the day you had spent pulling your mind back from the memory of YongHwa this morning and last night. It wasn't as if you hadn't tried to get any work done, and you looked around at your array of vague workings spread out on the floor and the table. It was late afternoon now, so you had spent a good amount of time cooped up in here attempting to get things done. Just as you moved to pick up your guitar where it had been leaning against the table in front of your chair with the intention of taking it back to the instruments room, there was a light knock at the door and you turned around dazedly to see a hand waving frantically at you through the small window in the door. You squinted as you couldn't make out the face with the hand waving so fast in front of it.

"You can come in!" you called and waited for the door to open, but it didn't. There was more knocking, this time it was more of a persistent wrapping. "Come in!" you repeated, standing up in your chair so you could peer at the person through the window better. Your eyebrows raised slightly in surprise. It was YongHwa. Why wasn't he coming in? You went over to open the door for him and he marched into the room purposely.

"Yah! What took you so long?" he demanded, turning around to face you.

You frowned, "I told you to come in."

He waved a hand at you aspiratedly, "The door was locked! Were you being funny?"

You looked over at the door as if you just noticed it was there. "What? I don't remember locking it..."

YongHwa stuck his hand in front of your face and moved it up and down. "Yoo-hoo, anyone at home?" he chuckled and as you turned your face to face him he pulled you into a massive bear-hug, your spine cracking abck into place as he pushed you so tightly against his hard torso. "Ooh, I heard that crack. Kwenchana? (Are you alright)" He peered down to meet your eyes worriedly and loosened his grip slightly.

You laughed into his chest, it was a muffled laugh. His scent filled your nostrils. "Neh, kwenchana. Nothing is broken." You hugged him back and closed your eyes. You had missed him all day, this feeling of him in your arms again was unmatchable. It was like your food finally arriving at a restaurant when you had been starving. But maybe it was even better than that.

YongHwa paused. "Yah... are you sniffing me again?"

You took a long exaggerated whiff. "You smell so good!" you exclaimed, this time without any shame. At this you felt YongHwa's chest shuddering and his shoulders moving as he laughed at you. He the back of your head with his fingers gently.

"My creepy girl," you heard him mutter into your hair fondly.

You pounded  his rock-hard back with your fist in response, "Yah!" but you didn't break the hug.

At that moment there was a short knock at the door and the two of you pulled apart quickly as if you were doing something you shouldn't be. Your face flushed immediately as you turned to face the person who had entered, and your eyes widened as you noticed it was more than one person who was entering.

Three bright faces were grinning at you and YongHwa as the rest of the CN BLUE members entered the room. MinHyuk bounded into the room on the balls of his feet, followed by a gracefully moving JungShin and the shyly smiling JongHyun who then closed the door behind him.

"Hyung! Noona!" MinHyuk exclaimed and strolled happily towards you, crossing the room in quick strides. "It's good to see the two of you are finally making up!"

JungShin smacked a startled YongHwa on the back. "Yah, see noona isn't so bad really, is she?"

JongHyun came up beside you, his eyes sparkling as he smiled through them. "Or is it that _______ had found that our hyung isn't so bad after all?" He nudged you and grinned at YongHwa who was looking on uncomfortably. His Adam's apple moved in his throat and you supposed he was just as startled at being so close to being caught red handed as you were. Would it really be such a big deal if the CN BLUE boys knew about yours and YongHwa's new status of relationship though? Surely the both of you could trust them. You would make a mental note to discuss this with YongHwa when the two of you were alone later.

"Yah, but we just got back from the radio interview. Hyung you said you were going to stop somewhere else first, we were going to find noona and wait for you until you got back." MinHyuk pouted at the front man of the band as if his leader had done something unforgivable.

JungShin raised an eyebrow and considered YongHwa, he then continued MinHyuk's trail of thought. "But it seems our hyung rushed here instead..." He startled chuckling to himself but the look on MinHyuk's face just seemed to darken all the more slightly. "I don't think any of us were expecting that."

JongHyun cleared his throat, he had been watching you closely and his eyes had darted from you and to YongHwa with silent calculation. Something in his eyes moved from curiosity to apparent understanding. He straightened up and faced his band members, "Well I for one think it is great that ______ and our hyung are getting along so well now. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth."

You looked up at JongHyun and smiled at him gratefully. He gave you the tiniest of subtle winks and stretched out his arms in front of him with distracted ease. "Since we're all together and getting along so well finally," he gave a smirk in YongHwa's direction, "Why don't we all grab something to eat together? It's been a while since we were able to catch up with noona properly."

"If by a while you mean barely twenty-four hours," YongHwa muttered with surprising distaste.

You looked at him in surprise. Was he already getting sick of you? Or was it something else that was causing his mood to waver like that? Acting unfazed you then said, "Well I suppose you boys just can't go a day without missing me," you offered a charming grin to JongHyun, and he returned it. Except his charming grin was so much more disarming than yours, and you felt momentarily breathless. Gosh. Spending time with these flower boys certainly did make it a little tricky on the old heart. You turned to the others in hope of re-gaining yourself but were only met with more adorable smiles that didn't help the cause at all.

MinHyuk stepped towards you, and you raised your eyebrows at him as he reached for your hands and held them there, swinging them slightly. Someone shifted purposefully behind you at this and you heard a sharp whisper. MinHyuk didn't seem to notice, he was grinning down at you with the happiest smile on his face. "I've really missed you noona! For a while I thought we wouldn't be seeing each other so much anymore! I thought things between you and hyung meant we couldn't all be friends!"

You politely took back your hands and tried to cover it up by patting the tall boy on his shoulder gingerly. "Of course that wouldn't happen." You assured him. "Remember I told you not to worry!"

"Neh," MinHyuk laughed then, his eyes lost in his smile. Then he looked at you more seriously. "But don't only get close to hyung okay? If we catch you alone with him again instead of spending time with all of us, you're dead!" He laughed then but you were taken aback at his words all the same. Just how serious was he? Of course he couldn't be serious about that. But... you were planning on spending a lot more time alone with YongHwa. You were also hoping to inform the others about it to, if it was possible.

"Yah!" exclaimed JungShin then, "Do you think you own noona? MinHyuk-ahhh, _______ belongs to all of us. Not just hyung but not just you either!" He poked MinHyuk in the chest comically and MinHyuk pushed him off immediately.

Completely at a loss for words you stood where you were dumbly and looked on as JungShin and MinHyuk bickered with each other about you. JongHyun grabbed you by the elbow and pulled you back in line with himself and YongHwa. At a look from YongHwa, JongHyun let go of your arm instantly and the three of you turned back to the two childish arguing boys. You frowned at the situation. You knew it was all in good fun, they were only joking. However there was a strange tension that had settled in the room, and you couldn't quite work out where it was coming from. From the corner of your eye you noticed the Adam's apple moving again in YongHwa's throat. Was something making him anxious?

You held up your hands then, unable to take anymore of this. "Yah, yah! Boys, please stop! Noona will be good to all of you, if you just behave yourselves again!"

JungShin and MinHyuk turned to face you, they stuck out their bottom lips and hung their heads as if it was all rehearsed. Stifling a laugh you straightened your face in search of the sternest one you could muster at this time, "Now turn to each other and shake hands. There will be no more fighting over noona," you said curtly. "Noona doesn't belong to anyone but herself. Arraso?" Sorry YongHwa, but that was the best way to put it after all. You could feel eyes on the back of your head where no doubt YongHwa was watching you.

"Arraso," muttered the boys. They grinned at each other and shook hands obediently then turned back to you as if awaiting your praise. You had to giggle then, and you nodded your approval so the three of you were all grinning at each other stupidly.

JongHyun was chuckling beside YongHwa. "_______ really does fit in here, doesn't she?" he smiled at YongHwa, and YongHwa tore troubled eyes away from you to smile back at his friend.

"Neh," he said quietly, "She is a strong woman. No man could ever be fit to own her."

JongHyun frowned at him then. "A woman shouldn't be owned hyung," he said unexpectedly.

At this YongHwa's smile became more genuine, and he turned back to regard you now giving his bassist and drummer a rundown of acceptable and unacceptable behaviour around you. They were nodding dutifully as they soaked up your words like a pair of sponges. "I suppose not," he murmured more to himself than to his lead guitarist.

You turned around then to look at JongHyun and YongHwa standing quietly behind you. "So, now that's all sorted, should we all go and grab some dinner?"

_________________________________________________________________________________

YONGHWA P.O.V.

As the five of you made your way through the FNC building and out onto the street to make your way into town together, YongHwa was careful to position himself so that he was beside you but not actually touching you. Your hand brushed against his a few times as you walked, and you didn't seem to notice but to him it was like a trillion tiny electric shocks that ran from his hand up his arm to his chest and face. They prickled at his cheeks and he wondered if it was visible to the eye. Each shock put a certain spring in his step, and after a while he was grinning stupidly ahead while his band members chattered animatedly at you, nobody noticing his unexplained look of giddy satisfaction.

When his band members had unexpectedly showed up at your practice room tonight he had of course been caught off guard. While there wasn't much that his band members and him did not share with each other, he was unsure of how to go about it this time, regarding you. The four of them had discussed dating before of course, what boys didn't discuss girls? However as a band that had made a name for themselves, and with a certain degree of professionalism and responsibility, the four of them had briefly agreed that dating within the company would be off limits. Any serious dating would have to be carefully considered between them first, approval would have to be made if one of them really was that serious about a girl. The repercussions brought forth by the press if they were to find out would be astronomical. And then the higher ups would certainly know what had been going on. Dating outside the company would be easier to hide, an unknown girl who could disappear from the limelight much easier with the right measures.

You were to become a big star just like CN BLUE, and soon there was going to be a lot of media attention on you. So really, YongHwa knew that he was going back on his agreement with his band members by deciding that he wanted to date you, a girl within the company. It was also bad timing since we were soon to be the greatest focus of the industry as the company would seek to push you out there as much as possible. Being around you was going to be very tricky, dating you was going to seem absurd. CN BLUE were a steady player in the industry now, they could seek quiet periods where they maybe be able to get away from the press unnoticed. They also knew how to play the game. You however, were new and vibrant. A beacon of light asking to be found at any time of day or night, anywhere you may end up.  If YongHwa himself could admit it, then his band members were sure to have words about it too.

He knew they were all fond of you, sometimes he thought maybe they were a little too fond of you. That was going to be another obstacle. With their own appreciation for you, combined with the problems dating you would bring... he was very much unsure of the attitude his friends were going to have about his desires to have you. He wanted to own you. Maybe you were a girl that couldn't be owned, maybe girls shouldn't be owned. He didn't care, he was going to give it his best shot.

 

End Chapter Nine