You've Fallen For Me

Rockin The FNC

You've Fallen For Me

 

"Mmm, noona try the beef it smells delicious," MinHyuk rolled up some beef and rice in a lettuce leaf and offered it to you. He held it to your mouth and watched you excitedly so you awkwardly took it from him and fed it to yourself. It would have been too weird if you let the boy feed you like that. Also, the other members were looking on curiously at the exchange. You thought you noticed YongHwa's hands on the tongs with a large piece of beef inside them, extended beyond his plate and halfway to yours. He took it back to his plate again and cleared his throat, dropping the meat onto his plate with a small dejected thud.

Unperturbed, you chewed and swallowed happily at the wonderful taste of the barbecued beef. "Mm, mashisoyo! (delicious)" You smiled at MinHyuk then as he grabbed some more beef and wrapped it up again. "Kamsahabnida, MinHyuk-ah." He placed the next rolled beef onto your plate so you ate that too. Only then did he start helping himself to the meats and rice. JongHyun raised his eyebrows at the meats as if they had just caused something interesting to happen, also helping himself to some of the beef and dipping it in the sauce. He looked over at YongHwa sitting next to him and quickly looked away again as he noticed YongHwa chewing angrily on his piece of beef and staring in yours and MinHyuk's direction. You were sitting in between MinHyuk and JungShin, across the table from JongHyun and YongHwa. It was just the way it had worked out when the five of you had entered the restaurant and sat at the table. You thought YongHwa looked a little annoyed with your two donsaengs as they pulled you down between them with such enthusiasm. You had offered him an apologetic look but he had only ignored you and hailed the waiter to bring the menus and bring some drinks. He avoided your eyes after that.

JungShin picked out a piece of garlic chicken from the middle of the grill, inspected it and placed it on your plate. "The chicken here is really good, noona," he informed you, drizzling some sauce on top of the chicken with careful precision. "You have to try it too, tell me which you like better. The beef or the chicken." He placed some kimchi beside the chicken and added some rice too. You watched him in amusement as he then proceeded to garnish the top of the chicken with a small piece of parsley.

"Yah, Shin-ah," JongHyun called  to him, his mouth bulging with meat. He pointed his chopsticks at JungShin teasingly and swallowed his mouthful. "Are you competing for a cooking competition?" He gestured at the perfect display that JungShin had created, all to get you to try the garlic chicken. You liked garlic chicken anyway, he needn't have dressed it up so much. Also, you could do that yourself. Being fussed over like this by MinHyuk and JungShin was a little embarrassing too. You noticed YongHwa staring at your plate incredulously, slowly chewing his mouthful with little enthusiasm.

JungShin pulled back from his creation and blushed slightly. "I was just making it nice for noona." He looked at you expectantly, waiting for you to try it.

"I would have been happy with just the chicken," you informed the blushing donsaeng, but you gathered up what you could with your chopsticks and put it all in your mouth. After chewing it a moment you nodded at him approvingly. "Unhh," you swallowed. "It's very good JungShin-ah. Kamsahabnida for making it for me."

YongHwa cleared his throat and prodded the meats still frying in the middle of the table, he turned the cooker on low heat so that the meats would not burn now that everything was cooked. "Who was it that made it really?" he quizzed you then, looking up from the dwindling flames. "I was the one that cooked the meat!"

JongHyun laughed nervously and handed YongHwa the scissors. "Yah, hyung. You don't need to be so sensitive. If we really want to talk about who made the meal for _______ then maybe we should go into the kitchen and thank the cooks for prepping it. Or maybe we should go to the farm that killed animals to provide us with the meat?"

YongHwa snatched the scissors from JongHyun aggressively and started snipping the meats into smaller pieces so that they were easier for everyone to eat. JongHyun watched him anxiously then took a forced gulp of water from his glass.

You opened your mouth to say something when MinHyuk piled up your plate with more of the meats that YongHwa had not yet finished cutting. "_______ you look too skinny these days, eat more and get fat!" He grinned and pushed the small side dishes towards you, along with the sauces. You looked at MinHyuk incredulously. Was he really that bad at assessing the situation? YongHwa was getting moody and MinHyuk was just rubbing salt in it.

"Look after yourself please, MinHyuk-ah," you replied politely and pushed back the small bowls into the middle of the table so that everyone could access them again. MinHyuk pouted at you and buried his face in his own plate.

JungShin looked up suddenly, his chopsticks brought to his lips. "Hyung," he said, addressing YongHwa who didn't look at him right away but took a long drink from his bottle of green tea distractedly, and then let his eyes lazily meet the eyes of the bassist. "If you really wanted to, you can feed noona as well. You don't have to get angry, why don't you make her something?"

You choked on your food and pounded your chest, reaching for your glass of water. MinHyuk beat you on the back gently, so that if there really was food stuck in your throat there was no way his gentle tapping was going to dislodge it. Luckily, you didn't have anything stuck. And you swallowed with watery eyes, looking up cautiously towards YongHwa sitting across from you. MinHyuk let his hand rest on your back a while longer then went back to his plate and chopsticks.

YongHwa was regarding JungShin silently, his eyes flickering to you with a hint of concern, and then back to JungShin. He remained silent for a painfully long time that his band members all looked up from their dishes to search the expression on YongHwa's face. "I was never angry," he said finally, allowing his lovable grin to grace his lips. He bent low to his plate and shovelled a chopstick full into his mouth, "I was just saying, credit where it's due, Shin-ah. I cooked the meats, who's thanking me? You really should appreciate your hyung a bit more."

You rolled your eyes and got back to your own plate as the other band members nodded at him thoughtfully and all chipped in their thanks to their leader for taking care of the cooking.

"But if we get sick hyung it's on you!" teased JongHyun playfully tugging at YongHwa's ear with an amusing sense of affection.

YongHwa picked up a piece of charred meat from the side of the grill where the flames had been strongest, "You think you're going to get sick from this? Look at the beautiful charcoal meat I so skilfully cooked for you here!"

The boys laughed at YongHwa as he waved the meat in their faces and then JongHyun stole it from his tongs and popped it straight into his mouth. YongHwa's mouth fell open in disbelief as he watched the guitarist chew merrily on the piece of meat he was actually planning to eat himself. "Yah! This is the thanks I get?" he exclaimed to more laughter, and you joined in. When the boys were messing around together like this it really was just too adorable. You giggled into your cup and finished off your plate as the boys soon cleared up the rest of the table hungrily, though not without checking if you wanted any more first of course. The good humour continued through the end of the meal, and everyone was too full to even look at the dessert menu, everyone except for JungShin who was highly disappointed in everyone for not having the same ideas as him so he passed it up grudgingly too.

After a few post-dinner drinks the five of you stumbled back to the FNC building to check up on and gather your things before calling it a night. The CN BLUE boys did not actually have much of their own belongings to pack away as they had come straight from their radio interview earlier, but they helped you get your things together and followed you to the instruments room as you returned your guitar back to its respected shelf. After a quick exchange in the instruments room you all made your way outside to the roadside and the boys stayed with you as you hailed and took the first cab. You were hoping to spend some more time with YongHwa tonight, but you were unable to get him alone and speak to him privately with the others here. YongHwa seemed to share your feelings as he wistfully watched you get into the cab after everyone had waved their goodbyes, but of course neither of you could say anything or even hug each other goodbye without things looking suspicious. Before the news was broken to the rest of the band, it was best to act normal so you treated each other like the others, albeit perhaps slightly awkwardly as it wasn't your first instincts.

The next day you woke bright and early and made your way energetically to the FNC building to begin your day of work. Your mind was feeling clear this morning and you couldn't wait to get into work and make use of your current feeling. Yesterday had been such a waste in the getting-things-done department so today you were going to work doubly hard to make up for it. You managed to get through the foyer and up the elevator without any mishaps, as you stepped into the elevator your heart skipped a beat as your mind flickered to yesterday's elevator ride and a part of you was disappointed that you did not run into YongHwa this time. You supposed he hadn't arrived at the FNC today, and then remembered that the boys had more business outside the company building today. Oh to be a big player like them, always flitting about in and out of the company building with important business to attend to. You wanted to message YongHwa last night after getting home, having been feeling a little glum at not spending any time alone with him in the evening. This morning you also felt the need to contact him, for no reason really, just to hear from him or just to let him know that you were thinking of him. Maybe you would wish him luck on his celebrity centred events he had on today with CN BLUE and FT ISLAND (another major player in the industry, of the same company as you and CN BLUE, and good friends with the band). However, it occurred to you that you had not exchanged numbers yet, everything had been happening by chance, through meetings. You made  a mental note to change that the next time you saw him, so you could contact each other whenever you wanted. Things might also be planned better that way...

So half the day went by moderately, you were satisfied with your working pace today. Backtracking on things you did with half a mind yesterday, and filling in the gaps. You brought two guitars with you from the instruments room today for a bit of variation, also noticing that YongHwa and JongHyun seemed to have a couple put by close at hand so that they could pick whichever one took their fancy in the moment or based on the song they were to play. Of course you had your trusty purple stringed guitar, which had pretty much seemed to have become your personal guitar. Your second choice was a pleasant lime green electric guitar of solid body, and you felt refreshed as you plugged it into the amp and noticed how different your songs sounded with the added electric effect. You liked it like that, it was very rock and roll. Your purple string acoustic wasn't getting much love today, so you finished your last hour of practice before lunch with it as if to make it feel better about itself. You felt as if the green electric was glowering at you from the corner after that.

When you had finished practicing in time for the lunch hour, you got up from your chair and stretched the muscles in your legs, and pulled backwards against your fingers so they cricked from their hard work for the past few hours of the morning. Your mind floated back to YongHwa and how nice it would be to message him, to check up on what he was doing. You suddenly felt a flood of urgency at needing to know exactly what he was doing at this point in time and you at your teeth in frustration that you did not yet have this luxury. How could the two of you have overlooked this significant detail? You put it down to the fact that everything had happened so fast in the end. One minute the two of you couldn't stand the sight of each other, the next you were locked into a passionate embrace... Your cheeks warmed and you stepped out of your practice room and waited at the elevator doors to make your way down to the cafeteria for a quick lunch like all the other hard workers at the company seemed to do when they didn't want to take too much time away from their creative work in the building.

As you stepped into the empty elevator your mobile phone began ringing. "Yobsayo?" You flicked the ground floor button and the doors shut again.

"_______, good afternoon! How are you feeling today my little rocker angel?" It was your manager. His charismatic voice boomed into the receiver passionately.

You looked at yourself in the elevator mirrors as you spoke on the phone, his choice of words made you smile hesitantly. "I'm feeling good today thanks Manager. How about you?"

"Neh, good good," he said dismissively. "Listen, I've been talking with the producers in regards to your debut song, and also to CN BLUE's manager Kim. Guess what they have in store for your grand entrance into the world of rock and roll Kpop fame?" his voice was rising in excitement. You simply waited for him to continue, of course not being able to guess what he was about to share with you. At your pause you heard a sharp intake of breath so that your manager then boomed into the receiver, "They're going to pair you up with CN BLUE's Jung YongHwa so that your debut song is a semi duet! He'll play the guitar with you, you'll have some harmonious complimenting melodies and he'll sing the echo to your verses and backing vocals for your chorus! Doesn't that sound brilliant? Your rise to fame is surely guaranteed with such a strong star at your side for your much awaited debut!"

You stared at your reflection in the mirror in shock. Your manager prompted you and you cleared your throat, shaking yourself. "Wow, I really wasn't expecting that." You saw your face break into a stupid grin in your reflection and the elevator doors opened with a few people waiting there and peering at your smiling face curiously. You stepped out of the elevator quickly, head bowed as you passed them.

"I know you and Jung YongHwa didn't seem to get off to a good start but this seems like the perfect opportunity to build your relationship with him," your manager went on, utterly oblivious to your current standing with CN BLUE's front man. "We'd like the two of you to meet with us and a few producers so we can talk together about what we'd like the collaboration to look and sound like. Are you free after lunch?"

"Neh," you tried not to sound too excited at the idea of YongHwa being put on board with your new song. That meant you would have an excuse to be alone with him inside the company a lot more often. The two of you didn't have to creep around anymore. "Does YongHwa-ssi know about this sudden change in arrangements?"

"Of course! Manager Kim is here with me right now, and he's also on the phone to YongHwa-ssi, he just gave me the thumbs up, I think all is well! You have him!" Your manager laughed then, and you found yourself blushing as you entered the cafeteria. Of course you knew YongHwa would have agreed to it. You already had YongHwa in another kind of way...  "So _______, meet us in the level four 2A meeting room when you've finished your lunch. I'm heading straight there now. Do you know where that is?"

You nodded and remember your manager could not see you so you voiced your acknowledgment as well. "Neh, arraso." Your phone call to your manager ended and you quickly picked out a basic meat, rice and kimchi spread for lunch, barely able to shovel it down through your excitement. You were going to collaborate with YongHwa! Of all the people in the company they had selected YongHwa to see you through your debut with a sweet rocking semi duet! Visions of you and YongHwa on the stage under many coloured lights and mist around your feet, facing hundreds of cheering fans filled your head. You would sing your practiced words looking into his eyes and he would follow your lead and sing after you, your harmonies melding together in perfect contrast like your mouths and your bodies had been doing off the stage earlier, and little to everyone else's knowledge. He would strum his guitar alongside yours, picking out the leading notes and watch you tenderly like the male and female duet pairings often did. Yet this time, it would be even more touching to everyone else who would be watching the two of you, as the feelings would be real. You fled from the cafeteria at the speed of light and were surprised to feel your insides twisting like cords of jangling nerves as you ascended in the elevator to the fourth level of the building. What was making you nervous? The thought of YongHwa breathing on the back of your neck as he helped you perfect your parts on the guitar answered your question. What would YongHwa be like to work with? You hoped you weren't romanticising the idea only to find out he was actually a nightmare to work with. You thought back to his bossy demeanour with CN BLUE and found yourself staring into space when you came to the fourth floor.

The meeting did not take long. You met with your manager in room 2A, sitting beside him across from two FNC producers and shortly YongHwa and his manager joined the assembly. While the technicalities were discussed YongHwa shot you a grin and a wink here and there when nobody was looking. Most of the time you were not really listening and trying hard not to laugh. He feigned a yawn and silently mimicked the producers only to quickly straighten his face again when they looked his way. As soon as they turned away again he would go back to mimicking them and you almost spurted a mouthful of water at YongHwa's manager, but he smiled at you as you excused it as a sneeze. It was YongHwa's turn to snigger at you then. He rolled his eyes and gave you a look as if to suggest he couldn't take you anywhere as you were such an embarrassment. You glared at him and he stuck his tongue out. Your manager looked at him strangely so YongHwa pretended he was the side of his mouth, scratching at it as if something was there that bothered him. Your manager cleared his throat and turned back to the producers. It was your turn to make a triumphant face at YongHwa and he pouted darkly.

When the meeting was over your two managers suggested you and YongHwa stay behind and start finding your footing with your collaboration. They were hoping to release the song in two weeks time, so you and him were to start working on it seriously. The two of you nodded obediently to your managers and when you were finally left alone you turned and punched YongHwa in the arm.

"Yah! What was that for?" YongHwa exclaimed, rubbing his arm sorely.

You clicked your tongue at him. "That was for distracting me the whole time we were supposed to be talking about my debut!"

"You liked it! You were laughing! You couldn't take your eyes off me!" claimed YongHwa with a vengeance. "If you didn't want to be distracted you just didn't have to look at me!"

"That's not true!" heat crept into your face at his words. "How can I ignore you while you're making silly faces at the corner of my eye?"

YongHwa moved in closer to you, his eyes narrowing. "Eyyyyy, I don't think I saw a minute where you gave me the corner of your eye." He nudged you playfully and you glared at him.

"You just think you're so irresistible don't you!" you retorted, crossing your arms.

He grinned at you. "I am irresistible," he agreed shamelessly. This earned him another punch in the arm from you. "Yah! Why else have you fallen for me?" he pinned your arm back to your side so you couldn't hit him again. His eyes were challenging you  now. "You must find me irresistible too."

Irritated at his ego you refused to  answer the question and marched to the elevators angrily, so that he called out and jogged after you. You ignored his mischievous looks as the two of you waited for the elevator. "Where are we going?" he asked as the two of you stepped into the elevator.

"To my practice room," you said stiffly.

He gave you a sneaky look. "Oh, you want to bring me to your room?" There was a seductive lilt in his voice, and in your irritated state you just became all the more irritated.

"To practice!" you snapped.

YongHwa held up his hands. "Yah! No need to be so grouchy." He scuffed his feet on the elevator floor railing absent-mindedly. He turned back to you and you noted from the corner of your eye, he was still grinning that stupid grin. "Is it because I hit the nail on the head? You have fallen for me, haven't you?"

You at your teeth, too annoyed to even consider his words. You suspected long before today that you had indeed fallen for the leader of CN BLUE. It was possible you already had those feelings for him before the two of you had even met. But those were fan girl feelings. This was reality. It was something so much stronger. Yet right now, all you wanted to do was smack this arrogant boy again, obviously he needed it harder. Something to rid you of that smug grin stuck on his face. So you certainly weren't going to admit your feelings to him right now, not like this. In any case, he should be the one to do it first.

Without a word you stepped out of the elevator and strolled with long strides towards your practice room with exaggerated purpose, YongHwa dutifully following at your heels. You reached your practice room door and stopped abruptly, knowing YongHwa was following so closely behind you and you smirked to yourself as he bumped into you clumsily.

"Yah! Why did you stop so suddenly?" YongHwa accused, his face flushing as if he was embarrassed.

You looked at him over your shoulder nonchalantly and proceeded inside the practice room. Suddenly you felt like you were the one in control, it felt good. YongHwa at your fingertips? Oh yes, it felt too good to be true. His arrogance had been stripped from him so easily, you almost felt guilty. "Why don't you go fetch your guitar, Mr Jung YongHwa? We might make better progress if you actually have an instrument to play on," you drawled like an aristocrat to her novice.

YongHwa looked past you into the far corner of the room. He frowned and looked back at you, gesturing in that direction. "But it looks like you have two guitars here. Can't I use one of those?"

You inwardly cursed yourself for not thinking. "Ah... ani. You can't use my guitars, I like to use them both for... different parts of the song."

YongHwa tilted his head at you. "But... how it that possible when you're performing to...?"

"It's only while I'm experimenting!" you snapped, your face flushing. "Of course I'm not going to perform the song with two guitars! That's impossible!"

YongHwa raised his eyebrows at you and nodded. At the mention of creative processes, he seemed convinced, even though you had simply made it up on the spot just because you didn't want to look like a fool in front of YongHwa. This was your song. You were the one in charge now! He wasn't allowed to argue with you, he was to be obedient. None of this bossy business, this wasn't CN BLUE and he wasn't the leader - you were. You were relieved that he seemed to back down at your words. "Don't miss me too much while I'm gone," he said to you then, his voice deepening teasingly. He turned to leave and you walked further into the room to get started without him. "Yah!" he called out suddenly, in a strange strangled voice that made you whip your head around quickly. He was looking at you with big eyes, his expression made him look as if he was hurt. "Aren't you going to come with me?"

You lowered your head at him questioningly. "Neh?"

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

YONGHWA P.O.V.


YongHwa was very satisfied with himself when he convinced you to come with him to go and fetch a few of his guitars. Like you had said, it was good to practice with different guitars because each one offered a different sound and a different style to the same piece of music without having to make many other changes. It was always good to explore one's creativity in these kinds of ways. You walked together to the third floor and he took his time choosing the two guitars he deemed fit for the job. You didn't realise it but he actually was calculating your style of music and your type of voice against the sounds of his different guitars and choosing accordingly.

"Yah, come on, what's taking so long!" you called impatiently from the doorway.

He glanced at you as he set down another guitar. Your hair was down, it draped over your shoulders and looked so nice against your cream-coloured knit you were wearing today. His heart rate quickened as your eyes flashed at him and he turned back to his guitars quickly. "This is all part of the creative process!" he called back to you in a sing-song voice, which only seemed to infuriate you further. He heard you huff and turn away, and he sneaked another look at you and smiled. Admiring your profile from the side, he tripped over the amp right under his foot.

At this you stomped over, bending down and untangling his foot from the cables connected to the amp, tutting as you did so. "Seriously, how did you manage to get so tangled up? Don't you watch where you're going?" You freed his foot with success and drew yourself back up again to give him one of your adorably grumpy looks. You looked so cute when you were mad. Now your eyes seemed to widen as you noticed how close your face was to his. Unable to control himself, he closed his eyes and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on your lips. He withdrew again, slowly, to look at you. Did his kiss take your bad mood away? He smiled. It seemed like it did, now you were gazing at him with a wondering expression. Seeing that you weren't going to move away from him any time soon, he drew his arms around you and went in for another, longer kiss. Your soft body felt so delicate in his arms, he could put his arms right around you and hold you as tight as he wanted. In his passion he often hugged you a little too hard, he could hear your breathing change so he would have to rectify himself. He didn't want to crush you, but with all his feelings for you sometimes he forgot himself. He was tender now as he held you, moving his lips slowly against yours and enjoying your willingness in letting him kiss you whenever he wanted, even when you were feeling fiery.

Actually YongHwa had been planning something for you tonight. He had actually planned it last night, when he came to fetch you from your practice room after his radio interview yesterday. But his band members had spoiled his plans, and he had to swallow his objections as the five of you had headed to a group dinner. The venue had not been impressed when he had not shown up, but they had allowed him to re-book tonight. In fact, having to wait another day before he could treat you with his romantic plans meant he could fine tune some of the details a little more. He was excited about surprising you, and when he pulled apart from you to collect his chosen guitars, he had to hide the creeping smile of anticipation on his face.

"What are you looking so happy about?" you quizzed him as he grabbed his second guitar and made to walk past you, his chin tucked low into his neck in an attempt to hide his face. Ah, so you noticed. You seemed to notice everything.

Thinking fast, he used his well-known high functioning brain to come up with something to throw you off the scent. "I'm just so happy that I'm with you," he said sweetly, giving you a dewy eyed look as he led the way back to the elevator. It worked. You looked at him in surprise for  moment and then blushed and turned away, embarrassed. He continued to look at you. What he said was still true. And as you were blushing now he marvelled at the fact that you could be so fiery one minute and yet completely coy and bashful the next. Either way, he liked both sides of you. He especially liked it when he was the one to cause you to feel so shy. When you both stepped into the elevator he smirked and quickly ducked towards you to kiss you on the cheek. His heart filled with happiness as you put your hand to your cheek and peered at him curiously, the redness in your cheeks deepening instantly.

"By the way, any plans you may have made tonight - cancel them," he turned as the elevator dinged and the doors opened. "You're all mine tonight." He stepped out into the corridor first and you followed curiously behind him.

 

End Chapter Ten