Kang Gary

It's Only For Show

Jihyo walked down the street with a mask and a hat to cover her face. She didn't know why he insisted in going down this street but apparently he wanted to show her something. Suddenly, he stopped and took her hands.

"I want to break up," he whispered, he gave her hand a squeeze.

"What? Why?" Jihyo asked softly. She searched his face wanting to know if he was joking but all she saw was seriousness. Who was she kidding she knew what this is all about.

He shrugged. "Jihyo, I think you know why." 

"But its not real! I've told you a dozen times, why can't you let it go?" She whispered angrily. She was angry at him. she was angry at her manager. She was angry that she's part of the Monday couple and she's furious with Gary. 

She sighed. 

No, Jihyo wasn't angry at Gary. She could never hate him. 

"Oppa, I want to tell you that I never cheated on you with Gary oppa or anyone." She gave her soon to be ex-boyfriend a smile. "He's my friend. What you see on tv is an act, I hope you can understand that.." 

He gave her a one last kiss. "Your wrong Jihyo...about everything." 


 

Jihyo woke up from her nap thinking how weird it is to dream about something that had happened in real life. She stretched her limbs to wake herself up and reached for her phone. Her manager had just texted indicating when the next running man location is. Suddenly, her phone rang and she picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Yeobsayo?" 

"Jihyo-ah!!!" It was Gary. 

His voice immediately put a smile on her face. "Oppa?" 

"Jihyo-ah!!!" He giggled. 

Jihyo laughed and realized he was drunk. "Oppa, do you have someone to pick you up?" There was a loud noise followed by a dead line. She suddenly felt panicked and called back.

On the third ring Gary answered, "Jihyo-ah!!!" 

"Oppa!! Where are you?" As she waited for an answer she rummaged for a sweater along with some masks. "Oppa!" She yelled.

"I'm drunk," he replied seriously. 

A laugh escaped her lips. "Can you hand your phone to the person beside you?" She said slowly. After ten minutes of conversing with another drunk person, Jihyo finally got the address and headed towards Gary's location. 

As she drove, she realized it was dark outside. Jihyo really need to stop taking naps in odd times. Within twenty minutes she was able to reach the bar. She walked through the back door and was greeted by loud music and the strong smell of liquor. Although the bar was packed, she immediately found Gary sleeping on a couch. 

"Oppa, oppa!!" She tried to wake him. Realizing that her efforts were pointless Jihyo reached for his right arm and lifted him up. She struggled under his weight but she managed to dodge the crowd and throw him in the car. She looked through her phone and called Dong hoon. But there was no answer. She tried Jongkook but no one picked up. Jihyo took a turn and headed towards her apartment. 

The next morning wasn't pretty. When Jihyo woke up she headed towards the guest room and knocked. When she didn’t hear any noise Jihyo felt her stomach drop already assuming the worst. However when she entered the room she only saw Gary changing into his last night's clothes. 

"! Sorry!" She heard Gary say before she could run out of the room. 

She was pacing her living room when Gary entered. "Oppa!!!" She yelled. "I can't believe I just saw that." 

"Sorry!! I promise I didn't mean to give you a show!" He laughed as he headed towards her kitchen. "Besides you saw my before." 

Jihyo watched him open her fridge bewildered, this guy never ceased to amaze her. "Oppa, that's disgusting. How can I erase that from my memory!!?” She followed him and shouldered her way to the fridge and grabbed some eggs. Jihyo expertly cracked the eggs onto the heated pan.

When did they become so familiar? She wondered as she stirred the yellow mush. Jihyo remembered a time when being near Gary was so awkward and painful, and was so so so weird that she avoided any close contact with him but now who would have thought she would be picking him up after a late night party?

"How did I get here?" Gary asked. "You picked me up?" Jihyo nodded without looking at him. "Komawo."

She placed the eggs on a plate with some rice and handed it to Gary. Jihyo took the seat beside him watched as he devoured the meal. "Oppa, your so ugly. Slow down." She joked. Truth be told Gary wasn't ugly. Sure he has the roundness face Jihyo have ever seen, but his personality overshadows everything people perceived as unattractive about him. What Jihyo liked the most about her oppa is the way he is so different on stage, he becomes this other person that makes her want to act like one of his crazy fangirls...HUH? She suddenly stopped watching him and took a step back. Where did that come from?


The filming ended early and Jihyo was so relieved. It was a very hot day and running outside wasn't something she wanted to do all day. She took the bottle that Kwangso offered and gulped down the liquid as if her life depended on it. When she finished she smiled at her dongsaeng appreciatively. Her conversation with Kwangso about dinner was interrupted when the director mentioned the word Monday couple. Immediately she met Gary's questioning eyes."I just wanted to say that we want more scenes from you two, so please keep that in mind in the coming episodes. Thank you for your hard work," the director explained. Suddenly, Jihyo felt a twist somewhere in her body. It was an unsettling feeling that was too familiar.

Monday couple....when Gary began the loveline Jihyo never expected it to blossom. Honestly, in the earlier episodes she thought Gary might have genuinely liked her. But that feeling subsided when she recognized that it was just an act. A fake couple. An entertainment for others to enjoy. She wasn't disappointed or anything because she never saw Gary as boyfriend material. However, as the years went on after her break-up, she has been feeling anxious about her role. Sometimes Jihyo would play along with Gary's little skits but lately it didn't feel like they were both acting. His little quips, his little touches, and those shy smiles had been plaguing her mind.

Kang Gary.

Jihyo felt trap within this web he had created. She was falling. Falling into where, she questioned herself. JIhyo doesn’t know the answer. Things like the director asking for more Monday couple served as a reminder that she's not in a relationship with Kang Gary. He’s an actor, Jihyo reminded herself.

And she was an actress. And she was a damn good one.


So its not as long as i'd hope, LOL i deleted too much parts cause it just didn't go! BUT thanks for reading everyone :)