Tabloid

It's Only For Show

Gary was pulled out of his dream by the vibration of his phone. He ignored it and tried to go back to his dream, which involved Jihyo on top of him, making sounds that he wants to keep replaying. He smiled, but was again interrupted, this time when a warm body moved closer to his chest. Confused, he reluctantly opened his eyes. 

Oh , his mind screamed. Oh very . 

Panic immobilized his body. Gary tried to lift his arms from Jihyo's very body, but instead his arms developed its own brain, and did the opposite. He wrapped his arms around her and moved their body closer until there were no space between them. Gary roamed Jihyo's sleeping face and his heart did a double flip. His eyes then wondered lower and he had to violently closed his eyes because his lower extremities are in danger of also waking up. 

Gary took a deep breath to calm himself. It's okay, he thought. They were consenting adults, it's okay he reminded himself. When he was calm enough, Gary opened his eyes and was directly looking into Jihyo's brown eyes. He was speechless.  They were in that position for awhile, each one trying to read the other's mind. Regret? Happiness? Content? Gary couldn't place Jihyo's expression.

It was Jihyo who broke the silence with a sigh. "Oppa, don't look at me like that." Gary opened his mouth to reply but Jihyo got up from his bed, giving him a nice view of her behind, but Gary regained his composure and watched Jihyo get dressed. "I-I don't usually do this. Don't think badly of me please," Jihyo whispered. 

Gary was really confused. Did he do something wrong? He thought they both wanted this. He continued to think, trying to figure out what went wrong. And then it hit him. When he was about to explain, Jihyo had already left the room. Gary ran into his living room and saw Jihyo putting on her shoes. Forgetting his manners, he ran towards Jihyo and pinned her against the wall. "No Mongji, you're not leaving." He whispered, and Gary was pretty sure it sounded like he growled. 

"W-what?"

Gary surged forward and kissed Jihyo, hard. He needed to make Jihyo feel what he felt; the heart skipping, the clammy hands, the nervousness. He needed her to realize that this was not a mistake, that it wasn't just a one night stand. He pressed his body closer and feel Jihyo's breathing become heavier. Gary's mind was filled with Jihyo; her increased panting, the sweat forming down her temples, and the smell from their last night's activity that clunged to her skin.

Jihyo opened to say something, but Gary saw his opportunity and inside . They both groaned. He reached up and slowly her denim top. "O-Oppa...please..." Gary grinned and lifted her body, Jihyo quickly wrapped her legs around his waist. Gary was so focus on Jihyo that he was unaware that a familiar figure had appeared behind them.

The stranger finally spoke. "I guess I can come back..." DongHoon laughed.

Gary's determination snapped and he turned to look at his friend. "Oh..." He was suddenly aware that he was . He tried to cover Jihyo, although he is perfectly aware that she wasn't . But Gary felt possessive at that moment, he didn't want anyone to see Jihyo dishelved except for him. "Should have knocked," Gary glanced at his door.

Donghon grinned. "I did. When you didn't answer I used the keys you gave me...which you probably want back." His friend winked and casually walked towards the kitchen. Gary sighed and turned his attention to Jihyo who looked very embarassed. He gave a small chuckle, from the way Jihyo was blushing Gary was sure that his message was understood. 

"I should go Oppa," she whispered her eyes downcast.

Gary reached out and touched her cheeks. Jihyo looked up. "I'll see you tomorrow" Gary said leaning down to give her a kiss. Jihyo got to her tippy toe and returned it passionately. They break apart when Donghon called out to Gary. "Bye." When he was sure that Jihyo got into her car, Gary closed the door behind him. 

"Hyung! You know you're still ?" He heard Donghon yell from the kitchen. Gary looked down and wanted to die. 

Gary got dressed and joined Donghon in his kitchen. He poured himself coffee, putting an extra spoon full of sugar in his mug. "Aish, stop it Hyung." Gary frowned. It was only one spoon, it won't kill him. He said his thought out loud. "Not that! I'm talking about that goofy smile," his friend pointed dramatically. 

"I'm not."

"Want me to take a picture? No? Fine." Donghoon put away his phone when Gary made a move of throwing the baguette he was holding. "So, your going to tell me about it?"

Gary shook his head. "As if I would." 

Donghoon took a sip of his own coffee and let out a sigh. "Did she at least enjoy it?" Donghoon fell over his chair due to the incoming bread that Gary chucked across. 


Gary and Donghoon stepped outside the elevator once the door opened. Gary was expecting the building's receptionist to greet them, however flashing lights is what he saw. He lowered his head to avoid the camera lights, walking quickly towards the building door. Through the commotion he thought he heard the building's manager apologized. Before he could dwell on it, Donghoon shoved him into the waiting van and closed the door behind them. 

The two friends were silent as the van drove off. When they hit the highway Gary sighed and touched his temple to ease the oncoming headache. "!" He muttered. 

"Someone must have seen Jihyo leave your apartment, Hyung."

"Damn. I thought I was being careful, I even rented the McDonald's yesterday," he contemplated. "I'm going to call, Jihyo." He grabbed his phone from his back pocket and dialled her number. At the first ring Jihyo picked up. "Yeob sae yo, Jihyo?"

"Oppa," he heard Jihyo sigh. "We are all over the news!" She paused but continued, "it's mostly me, actually. Why would I park right in front of your apartment? It's all my fault."

"No it's not. We were a bit drunk last night, I'm just glad we didn't get into an accident." Gary wanted to speak to her privately but he knew it was impossible for the next 48 hours since they will be filing running man. 

"W-What are we going to do?" 

Gary gathered his thoughts. What are they going to do? He wondered. Are they going to deny this or finally admit the thruth? Gary spoke with confidence. "Jihyo? Do you love me? Because I know I do." There was silence. This was not what he had expected. 

Before he could take back what he has asked, Jihyo spoke to his relief. "Saranghaeyo, Oppa."  When Gary heard her words, he forgot what his plan was, he even forgot his own name for a second. He avoided Donghoon's direction, embarrassed by his own words. "Are you still there?" She asked.

Gary nodded but realized Jihyo was on the phone. "Yes. Since we agree on that matter, we should announce it properly on the media. Especially to our parents and the running man members." Jihyo agreed and they said their goodbyes quickly but with such warmth that he felt his stomach grow hot. When he looked up from his phone he saw his friend pouting. 

"Jongkok Hyung won the bet. It's not fair."


I didn't delve into their private time because this story is not rated M :D Thank you everyone for the comments!!