It's like Puberty

It's Only For Show

Gary rushed into the restaurant as if his life depended on it. He quickly greeted the owner and dashed toward the familiar room and entered with a big sigh of relief. "I'm here! I'm not last!" He beamed. 

Jaesuk stood up from his chair laughing as he clasped the back of Gary. "Oh but you are, Jihyo got here five minutes ago." Gary looked around the room and sighed. Yeah, he was the last person to get there. "Alright then, Mr.Gary here is paying!" His hyung announced. Everyone cheered and ordered the whole menu. 

When they finished eating, the running man members slowly made their way out of the restaurant feeling content and fat. Gary remained at the counter waiting for the bill, but for some reason, Jihyo waited by the door watching him. She looked up when the figure of Gary approached the exit. 

"Hey...do you need a ride?" Gary asked as he put away his credit card into his wallet. He pushed the door and let Jihyo walk out first. 

"Yes," she answered with a blush but Gary fail to notice as he whip his keys out of his pocket. They found his black range rover and hopped in. 

"Same apartment?" He teased. Jihyo has been moving around trying to evade paparazzi due to her rumoured relationship with one of her co-stars. Gary smiled and headed towards the highway. After a moment of silence, Gary finally noticed Jihyo's nervousness. He glanced to his right and saw that Jihyo looked troubled. 'Everything okay?"

"Yes! Well...no. I'm kind of, um, nervous for our commercial shoot tomorrow..." 

Gary frowned. "Why?  I should be nervous, if you haven't notice I'm not an actor." He heard her giggle. Its been a while since he heard that. Of course she laughs onset but it's been awhile since he made her laugh. 

"Yeah. I-it's been awhile?"

"Yeah," he answered. Monday couple has been absent for a period of time that the running man producers started to receive mail inquiring the status of the Monday couple. To put them at ease, Jihyo and Gary decided to do this commercial. They were still friends afterall. 


 

The commercial went without a hiccup. Though Gary must admit he had his own little, very minor hiccupsss. First of all Jihyo look beautiful in a dress. A heads up would be nice. Gary has been so good at suppressing his crush, yeah crush (let's forget about the album that's another hiccup) , that it surprised him that it only took a dress for that suppression to bubble to the surface again. Hot damn. Secondly, someone should really stab his fingers to prevent him from reaching over and tucking a stray. Lastly, his testosterone. Really, he doesn't need that at work. 

"You look good Oppa," Jihyo greeted with a smile, and oops the testosterone is definetly pumping through his veins.

Damn.

Finally, the shooting wrapped up. Gary walked to his dresser and peeled off the layers of clothing he was wearing except for his boxers. He bent down and untie his shoe laces. He must have have missed Jihyo's knocking because when he stood up she was inches away from his face. Gary (embarrassingly) yelped and almost tripped over his shoes. Jihyo laughed and picked up the water bottle closest to her. "I knocked," she murmured.

Gary reached for a robe and sat beside her. "You should knock louder!" Gary muttered. He looked at his reflection at the mirror and his eyes automatically caught Jihyo's own reflection who was looking down at her phone. "How was my acting?" He asked trying to sound casual.  In truth his heart was hammering the whole time due to his lack of confidence in acting...and maybe somewhat because of Jihyo. 

Jihyo looked up and gave Gary a warm smile. She reached for his arm and squeezed lightly. "You were wonderful, Oppa. Very handsome in your cardigan." The rapper looked down at his fingers with a smile. Yeah. Okay, maybe a little bit of testosterone is healthy. 


 

"Do you think a girl and a guy can stay just friends hyung?" Gary asked Jongkok. It was Sunday morning and this question is very important, 

"No," his hyung replied with a sleepy voice. Gary heard some rustling on the other line and before he could say anything Jongkok continued, "Gary, why don't you ask her out?" 

Gary almost dropped his phone. "What!" He exclaimed. But he heard Jongkok clearly. 

There was again some rustling on the other end of the phone. Gary held his breath not wanting to hear the inevitable. His hyung spoke loudly. "Gary, ask her out for real. Not in front of the cameras not with anyone else except for Jihyo," -a pause but he continued, "dont worry about the show everyone supports this idea. To be honest, everyone has a bet. So man up and do this for me. I've got my money on you..."

Gary wasn't surprise. The movement also has a bet going on, Gil especially is a nuisance. 

Absentmindedly, Gary press the speaker button and scroll through his phone book. Yes, maybe he should take this crush to a whole new level. He made an album for her for Christ's sake. When he found the name he was looking for, he quickly said goodbye to his hyung and hung up. He hovered over the name for a good two seconds before committing. 

But he pressed the end button. 

It's six in the morning. He will take the dive in another 5 hours. 


 

Hi lovelies!!!!! Here's another chapter. I think four more chapters to go....I might change my mind!! I'm enjoying shy Gary. :) if Jihyo says yes to go on a date, where shall they go?? I'm thinking casual dinner :D