Jihyo's Various Emotions

It's Only For Show

Jihyo

I stared back at my own reflection. I decided to wear white pants to balance my denim top. Is this too casual? No. Gary said to wear something casual. Did he mean smart-casual or semi-casual? Ugh. Frustrated I picked up my keys and walked to my car. Here we go. 

The address that Gary texted didn't look familiar so I punched it in my GPS. The machine indicated that the location was only ten minutes away. I started my car and nervously maneuvered into the street. I'm nervous. I feel it. Like, everywhere. I tried to keep my mind blank but failed. I keep replaying the conversation I had with Gary two days ago and it automatically made me smile. I was sleeping when he called. I almost didn't pick up because sleep is my first love but I did and it was Gary sounding nervous. He had sounded raspy as if he had been screaming (like when the running man crew goes out for karaoke and he gets drunk and yells out his sentences). He said something but I missed it so he had to repeat himself. When I finally recovered from hearing his question, I asked him if he was serious, and he had answered yes. I felt my heart skip a beat. No, of course not literally. But it was close to doing just that.

I must have been deep in thought because the GPS instructed me to turn into a McDonald’s parking lot. A bit confused with the location, I reached for my phone to check Gary's text but before I could type in my password someone banged at my window. When I caught my breath I peered through and I saw Gary laughing. I wanted to get mad, but I don't because...well, it's Gary. I pushed my door open and smiled. 

"I hope you’re hungry." He said instructing me to follow him. I ducked down and beamed although I'm sure he can't see me since I was walking right behind him.

"I am hungry Oppa." I informed him. Gary held the door for me and to my surprise no one was inside the usually busy fast food chain. I hastily looked around just to make sure there were no paparazzi in the restaurant. 

"What can I get you?" He asked with a grin. And yeah, that smile is really working for me. 

"How much is our budget?" I asked looking at the menu above the cashier. I hear him laugh. 

"I want to keep it below twenty." 

I considered the menu. It's been awhile since I ordered from McDonald. "I'll have the Mcnuggets," I decided. Gary nodded and he ordered our food.

"Where do you want to sit? They said they'll bring out our food," Gary announced and I nodded in response. I walked to the nearest table and sat down. Gary took the seat opposite to mine. Suddenly, he asked hesitantly. "You don't think I'm doing this because of Monday couple, do you?" 

I scowled. "Of course not Oppa...unless you know, you are then I'm going to have to ditch you." 

Gary gave a big laugh. "No. I've always been attracted to you." He answered so calmly I don’t think he realized what he had said. Nevertheless, I felt my face get warm. 

"Well that's good." I whispered.  

We ate when the food came, the nuggets tasted delightful despite the backlash I've heard from people. As I ate I wondered where he would take me after our meal. And as if he had heard my inquiry, he looked up from his burger and announced nonchalantly, "I'm taking you to my place." I stared unable to un-hear (if there is such a word) Gary's words. My hands felt clammy and my face feels like the sun. I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. Gary took a bite of his food and finally saw my stunned face. I watch him think and then it dawned on him. "Oh my god, no. That's not what I meant...oh my god, J-Jihyo? I'm so sorry, that came out wrong." 

Whew! I cleared my throat and playfully kicked him under the table. "It better not."

Although I am glad he didn't want to sleep with me, there was this thing. This feeling I didn't like. That kind of emotion which can only be described as disappointment and worry. I hated those words. Why wouldn't he want to take me home? I'm decent looking, am I not? Sure, I’m not skinny like the typical  idols but I'm average... Oh God. What am I talking about? I tried to bury the creeping idea down to my subconscious but it's putting up a good fight. Oh my God. Then I finally give up. 

Omo.

I want Kang Gary to take me home.


Ohhhhh snaps Jihyo. But she shouldn't worry because it's mutual :D omg, the grammar is so horrible I’m so sorry.

P.S: BIG shout out to isthemoon and itsrj90! you guys are lovely!