Ta-da!

It's Only For Show

“Can I please just have the father in the room?”

The doctor glared at them with a frustrated sigh. Kwangso, Jongkook, Donghoon along with Gil looked at each other and then to Gary, pleading.

“Look, its doctor’s orders. Besides, are you all nuts? Do you really think I’ll let you watch my girlfriend give birth? What the hell?” Gary pinched the bridge of his nose.

“But…” Kwangso begins.

“But what?”

Jongkook intercepted looking like a hyung again. “Let’s go everyone.” He pulled the others smiling at Gary. “We will be outside if you need anything.”

Donghoon gave him one last thumbs up before disappearing with the others.


Jihyo was in labour for two hours and soon after his daughter was born. Gary can officially say, first hand, that he didn’t faint whatsoever. Though bile did clog his throat at some points like when Jihyo’s lady parts stretched and stretched, but that doesn’t count.

Gary held the tiny human being in his arms unable to move afraid he might drop his newborn daughter. “I want to see her…” Jihyo called out.

“I don’t think I can walk,” he replied bouncing on his feet (more for himself than the baby, really).

Jihyo laughed. “Oppa, you’re over exaggerating.”

Gary frowned. “I can’t, you have to come here.”

“I just gave birth.”

“Fine. But if I trip or something…” He walked with caution. His eyes focused on the ground making sure there were no surprises. Gary stopped at the side of the bed and very slowly place her in Jihyo’s arms.

Gary observed his family and felt his heart double in size, if that’s even possible. Jihyo looking more beautiful than ever while kissing their daughter’s forehead.  

Instinctively, Gary leaned down and kissed Jihyo on the mouth.

“What did I do to deserve you?” Gary grinned. But he didn’t wait for an answer and just kissed Jihyo again on the mouth, this time earning him a pleased sigh.


 

Gary spotted his friends sitting down by the registrar’s office. Before he can call out, Kwangso was already up, eyes full of excitement. In no time, his friends surrounded him like hungry vultures. “Gender?” Donghon inquired innocently.

“Girl!” He exclaimed not even caring that there were bets among them.

Then all of a sudden he found himself in the middle of a group hug. “Congratulations!” Someone said in the hug, but Gary was so squashed he is unable to pinpoint who. Their loud voices travelled throughout the floor and the staff shushed them afterwards.

They patted him of the back, all smiles around. “Pay up, hyung,” Donghoon’s attention on Gil.

“Damn it,” the singer cursed but placed a couple of bills in each of their outstretch hands including Gary.

“Can’t believe I’m the only one who said it was going to be a boy,” Gil groaned. “You! You said it was going to be a boy!” Gil accused Kwangso, who just smiled and pocketed the money.

“You my friend is one unlucky man,” Gary laughed stuffing the cash in his pocket.

Jongkook poked his arm. “The adjusshis are visiting tomorrow,” he informed Gary. “Filming out in the country.”

Gary nodded. “Jihyo is asleep right now, do you guys want grab lu-dinner?” Gary had lost track of time since arriving in the hospital. He feels his stomach grumble angrily after.

The group headed towards the hospital canteen on the fourth floor. Gary’s stomach continued to make lurching sounds, especially when the smell of food got stronger as they arrived. Before Gary can look at the menu, his phone echoed in the empty canteen. He excused himself seeing that it was his manager calling.

“Yoboseyo?” Gary cheerfully greeted.

“Gary! Where are you?” His manager said in a huff.

Confused, Gary walked further away from his rowdy friends. “Everything okay? I’m in the hospital, hyung. I have a daughter!” He laughed.

“. Gary, look, congratulations. But, .” There was silence making Gary uneasy. What the hell is going on, he thought.

“Hello? Hyung? Are you still there?”

“Gary, watch the news. Or go on your phone or something.”

“What? Why?”

“!”

“Hyung! What is it?” Gary yelled, frustration welling up.

He heard his manager sigh. “Gary, a woman just claimed that you’re the father of her son.”

Gary stood in the middle of hallway, swaying. “What?”


such a short chapter, but chapter 10 will def'n be a looooong chapter since it will be the last one! but anywho enjoy your week lovelies :D btw this chapter was inspired-ish by the show maury (of all things,god) so now i dont know if gary should be a baby daddy or not for the next chapter :( what do you guys think?