Forgotten Past

Loved, Not Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six


"Alright class," Mrs. Ahn said with a sigh afterwards, "it's the second day of school."


That's when Haru zoned out. Honestly, the teacher said a lot more than that but Haru wasn't listening. Her mind was still on what happened the other day as she bit her bottom lip, staring at Sehun who was looking out the window, like he always did. He may have looked completely fine to her but his mind was just as messed up from that day as hers was.


-flashback-


Sehun chuckled. "My name is Oh Sehun," he denied.


"No, it's not." Haru shook her head. "You are who we both think you are, and that is Lee Sehun." 


Sehun gave her a sorrowful smile. "The past is gone. It vanished with the name Lee Sehun. I'm a new person now, Haru."


Haru paused before saying more. What was she supposed to feel? Joy? Anger? Sehun was back, but would the two be able to act like they did back in ninth grade?


"Both of us are not the same anymore," Sehun added, as if he was answering the thoughts in Haru's head. "We can't go back to how we were three years ago."


She opened to try speaking her mind, but only one word came out. "Why...?" 

 

"Because we're not meant to be with each other."


"What are you saying?!" Haru raised her voice. She felt her eyes water with frustrated tears but immediately looked down to the floor so that her hair covered her face, which saved her the embarrassment of crying right in front of him. "Sehun, you can't deny that there was something between us," she said in a soft voice but with desperation. The girl made fists with her hands as she waited for an answer.


"You're right. I won't deny it, I felt something more than just friends between us back then. But I know that as of now, those feelings are gone."


Haru clenched her teeth and gave a weak laugh. "You make it sound like it was easy to rid me from your memories," she whispered, the anger suddenly leaving her body and being replaced by heartache. The tears that were collected in her eyes finally rolled down her cheeks.


"It was easy," Sehun replied with an inscrutable countenance. His sad smile was long gone. "It was as easy for me as it was for you," he lied. 


Haru opened once more to say something, but Sehun cut her off. "The past is the past. We can't change it," he said monotonously before standing up from the piano seat and walking away. Haru didn't turn around and continued facing away from Sehun as her clenched fists were shaking and she let more tears fall down.


"LEE SEHUN!" she screamed, with all of the strength left in her body. But she couldn't turn around to face him. Not in this state.


"Oh Sehun," He corrected in a harsh tone when the door was already opened. "Call me by my real name," he added before he finally walked through that door and shut it.


Haru fell on her knees and gasped for breath as she cried. One of her hands were on the floor, supporting her body and the other was holding her chest, near her heart. It had been so long since she felt this hurt. She finally thought her life was going back on track thanks to her friends, until Sehun showed up again in her life. "But it was so hard for me to forget," she whispered, watching her own tears drip onto the floor one by one.


"Haru," Sehun breathed, leaning his back against the wall after he had shut the door. He lifelessly slid down on to the floor and put his hand on his face, restraining from tears while looking down.


Sehun lied about everything. About his feelings being completely gone and hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter