New Kid

Loved, Not Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One

 

"What's up with the weird atmosphere?" Haru asked as she, accompanied by her best friend Park Eunmi, walked into the homeroom that they were in for the first time.
 

"Ah... it must be that new kid in our district. I think his name is Lee Sehun? Anyway, according to the rumors, he's super creepy and likes to stand alone on the bridge staring at the water." Eunmi answered as the two girls picked random desks near each other to sit. Suddenly, Eunmi leaned forward to whisper something into Haru's ear, "Remember during summer camp, there were people that heard piano music playing in the music room but when they went to check it out, nobody was there? It was a ghost and apparently, Sehun talks to it when he's lonely." 
 

"Stop saying stuff like that! It scares me," Haru said before facing the front of the room with a pout while Eunmi chuckled and did the same. She couldn't stop thinking about it, though, as she quickly took a look at Lee Sehun who was sitting at a desk near the window, talking to himself. Is he really talking to a... ghost?
 

The teacher's heels made tiny noises as she made her way into the center of the classroom with important files hugged to her chest by her right arm. What she was wearing was right on the border of work-attire and inappropriate: her white button up shirt slightly see-through and her tight black pencil skirt barely even reaching her knees. When she reached the teacher's desk, she placed the files down on it and stared at the kids in the class who were mumbling and sighing ever since she walked in. "Alright class, just like every year, we need a female class representative and a male representative. Any volunteers?"
 

Representative? Being the class representative is good for college, which is all Haru ever thinks about. Obviously, being the good student that she was, Haru would volunteer to do it and so she raised her hand without hesitation.
 

"I'll do it," she spoke in a soft voice.
 

"Kim Haru, am I right?" the teacher asked with her eyebrow arched up behind her glasses as Haru nodded her head. "Please come to the front of the room." Then, Haru shyly stood up from her seat and walked to the right side of the teacher's desk, fiddling with her fingers.
 

"Alright, any male volunteers? Or do you want me to pick at random? From what I see here, there are a few boys that seem like they really need this opportunity to make up for their bad grades," the teacher teased monotonously while looking at the files on her desk and back up to the now panicky boys.
 

They were all whispering to one another and shaking their heads, indicating that each one of them didn't want to be class representative. 
 

"Sehun," Haru heard several of the boys' voices whispering at the same time.
 

"Lee Sehun!"  a boy that Haru recalled from summer school as Kim Jongin said loudly to the teacher. "Sehun is a very good student, we want him to be our representative," he lied. How in the world would he know that Sehun's a good student if he's completely new to the district? But a smirk crept up onto Jongin's face when it seemed like the teacher fell for it anyway.
 

"Sehun," the woman repeated as she looked down on her attendance sheet to see if he was even in the class, "are you okay with this?" she asked and with a short silence and finally a sigh, Sehun stood up from his seat and walked up to the front next to Haru. Still, he was a good distance away from her, which confused Haru a bit.
 

"Okay then, that's settled. You all can call me Mrs. Ahn. Since we now have our class representatives, you guys can start getting to know one another before homeroom ends." The whole class did a little cheer before the room was filled with loud, uncomprehensible talking and laughing. As that was happening, Haru turned her head to Sehun and tried to start up a conversation. It's always good to make new friends... right?
 

"Hi, my name is Haru!" Haru bravely yelled over the loud noise as she held her hand out to Sehun. She kept her hand out for a while and Sehun hesitated before shaking it softly. "What's your name?" she asked, hoping to hear him say his name even though she already knew it. Sehun opened his mouth slightly like he was about to say something, but then ended up just walking back to his seat. 
 

Well okay then... Haru thought as she was still standing there in the front of the room in shock. That's when she realized that she asked him for his name even though the teacher and Jongin have already said it previously. I must have sounded so stupid! she thought, hitting her head and scolding herself while walking back to the seat next to Eunmi's. All that of course, while also trip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter