Smile

Loved, Not Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter Five
 

"Are you ready to finally show your true self to the world?" Mr. Oh asked his son.


"I'm ready," he replied. The teen took a huge breath before walking out onto the long table alongside his father and his father's secretary. It didn't take long for the reporters, tired from waiting in that small press conference room overnight to compete against each other for the first scoop, to start taking pictures. The teen and his father squinted their eyes from the flash, but nonetheless, smiled at the cameras.


"Ahem," Mr. Oh said into the mic as he waited for the reporters to calm down, "please listen up." Then, Mr. Oh patted the boy's back with a proud smile on his face. The teenager-- with his perfectly styled brown hair and his gentle, but sharp facial features leaned forward so that his mouth was closer to the microphone.


The room was so quiet that even a deaf mouse would be able to hear a pin drop, if that was even possible. Nobody wanted to miss anything that OSL Corporation's CEO or the mysterious, handsome young man next to him was about to say as the reporters took out their notepads and was ready to scribble down rapid notes.


"Hello, my name is Oh Sehun," the teen spoke into the mic with a dashing smile, his voice projecting from two different speakers at the same time. 




 

 

"Man, I feel old now," Chanyeol said while pouting. He and Haru were walking through the hallway, staring at all the freshmen looking confused and not knowing which class to go to next. 


"You're a senior, not a senior citizen," Haru replied. "You've got a long way to go still."


"Hmm... will we all still be together as senior citizens?" Chanyeol asked, laughing at the thought. Haru could picture it in her head, though. Her, Eunmi, Yuri, and Seohyun sitting down in a retirement home knitting sweaters while Chanyeol, Jongin, and Jongdae sit around playing bingo. She wasn't going to lie, the imagery made her feel like bursting out in laughter, like Chanyeol was.


"I bet Jongin and Jongdae would still have all that energy," she added, grinning. As they were laughing and not watching where they were going, a freshman bumped into Haru's shoulder before apologizing and running off. Protectively, Chanyeol put his arm around Haru's shoulders and pulled her near him and they kept walking, heading to the cafeteria. Haru wasn't going to lie about that either. She felt her heart beat quicken every time Chanyeol did something like that.


"Hey look who we have here!" Jongin cheered as Chanyeol and Haru walked in together and took a seat at the table with their lunch trays.


"What a nice couple," Yuri mumbled as she gave a dirty look to Jongdae. "Don't you agree, Jongdae?"


"Hey, we look nice together, too!" he complained to her.


"Babe, I wasn't talking about us," Yuri lied, acting innocent as she returned to eating her food. Jongdae fell for it and nuzzled into her arm while she jokingly rolled her eyes.


"Calm down, we're not dating. How many times do we have to tell you guys that?" Chanyeol said, leading to a bit of disappointment from Haru. Nonetheless, she nodded in agreement because it was true, they weren't dating. Yet.


"What do you mean you're not dating, you have your own Chanru fanclub," Eunmi mentioned. "With 60% of the school's population as supporters."


"Yeah, the one that Yuri founded," Haru said, rolling her eyes.


"And Eunmi helped make," added Yuri. "So if you're gonna blame me you gotta blame Eunmi, too," Yuri said with Jongdae who fell asleep like a baby, leaning on her shoulder.


"But Eunmi's scary," Jongin said before wincing when Eunmi elbowed his side. "We can't blame her for anything."


He blew his bangs up out of his face while Seohyun nodded in agreement to his statement without even taking her eyes away from her book. The gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter