Lee Jae Jin

Her Pride, His Dignity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pursued the case against the builder who used my designs. I asked grandma to get me the best lawyer in town. In 2 days, I was asked to appear  for settlement. I was stubborn to get hold of Oh So Hyun and wring his neck. The next day the case was all over the media. I was shocked. Although my name wasn't released, it looked like the builder did it to find the architect and announced a public apology.
Jin Joo was the first to call me. We agreed to meet at our favorite coffee shop. I was dead tired when I arrived. Jin Joo already ordered my coffee.
"You little..."She hugged me tightly. "Happy Birthday. Why didn't you tell me you had a date,"

After the case about my stolen design was settled, I decided to spend some time in LA. When Joey found out I am coming for vacation, she asked me to go with her to a kpop festival. 

I've never been to business class seat.  I thought I will try since I was earning quite good. And there's not much difference with the economy seats.

I was at the waiting area when I heard an announcement. I didn't ignore it. I can't ignore. I rushed to the claim area.

"hello my name is ..."

"He's Lee Jae Jin" someone beside me said before I finish my sentence

I turned and looked at the person claiming as Lee Jae Jin.

The lady at the counter looked at the guy. I mused. A smile escaped my lips. "He's cute"

"What's wrong? " the guy asked
 "You're Lee Jae Jin?" I asked the guy in korean.
"Uh, yeah..why?"
"Why are you looking for Lee Jae Jin," I asked the lady  in English.
"She dropped an ID." the lady answered in English looking both me and the guy. "I don't think you're the Lee Jae Jin we wanted,"
I glanced side ways. True maybe. Lee is a common name in Korea and so is Jae Jin. Just now I met a guy name Jae Jin and a Lee. I wanted to laugh.
"Where did she drop the ID?"
At the check in counter," the lady answered. Well I don't remember taking out my Lee Jae Jin ID. I checked my wallet just to make sure. It's not there.  "Can I see the ID?"
"I'm sorry but..."
"Can we see the ID," the guy asked politely.
"That's against our rules unless you show us proof that you're Lee jae Jin," the lady said politely.
The guy took out his passport and showed it to the lady. The lady looked at him. "I'm sorry sir, but you're not the one we're looking for."
"Miss, My name is Shin Jae Jin but I was originally Lee Jae Jin. Look, I always carry my old ID card bearing my name as Lee before I changed." I explained. I am pretty sure the ID was mine.
"It's an old elementary ID card in Will Wood  California."
The lady looked convinced and showed me the ID.
"That is so mine." I exclaimed. She handed me the card and I put it back on my wallet. "Thank you," I bowed and started walking back to the waiting room.
"Hi, it's nice to meet someone with the same name," the guy came up to me.
"Hello yourself. I was surprised." I saw his passport with a boarding pass. "LA?"
 He nodded. "You?"
"Same," I smiled.
"I hope we don't get mixed up," he joked.
"I'm not using Lee in my passport," I said.
"Ohhh... so you're married?"
I glared at him. Wrong reaction. Of course he would assume since I told the lady I changed my name. I wanted to laugh. "You can say that. Oh, that's my flight. Have fun in LA," I walked to the boarding gate.
"oh nice," I mumbled. The seat next to me is empty. I can  do whatever I want without bothering people. I pulled my bag for my sketch book when a familiar face walked in. "oh! Lee Jae Jin" I said softly. The guy following him shot me a deadly glare. 'What did I do now?' I asked my self. Jae Jin claimed the seat next to me. "Are you sure you're sitting beside me and not some mistake? uh... there might have some mixed up," I made a soft laugh with my joke.

 

 "unnie!" the shriek broke my peaceful  slumber.

"Shin Jung Mi, can you let your unnie rest. I had a long flight last night." I said with my eyes still close.

"Lee Jae Jin, " my  sister's tone hasn't changed.

"what?" I said in Korean.

"are you kidding me.. Unnie, Lee Jae Jin!" my sister was still shrieking.

I opened my eyes and saw her holding her phone.  "and just what are you doing Miss Shin Jung Mi?"

"unnie, you were on same flight with Lee Jae Jin? "

I looked at my sister in confusion. Suddenly it hit me. "oh.. Funny huh. We have the same name."

"Jae Jin,  phone," mom yelled from the first floor. "Lee Jae Jin, " she yelled again.

"Oh my God! " I got out of the bed. "Don't anyone care that I just arrived from a long flight?" I grumbled and grabbed the bedside phone. "Jae Jin, "

"Lee Jae Jin," it's a man.

"yes,  this is Lee Jae Jin," the person on the other line laughed.

"oh crap!" I straighten my sit like the person on the other line was infront of me."hey how are you? I didn't expect you'll actually call,"

"uh...uhm" the person on the other line was hesitating and I heard  giggles on the back ground. "my friends won't believe I met someone with same name as mine. They dared me to get you meet them,"

I laughed. "Sure. Where are you guys?"

"LA, we're going to watch baseball later at the dodgers stadium"

"Oh.. Ok. How about I gave you my korean phone number and you can text me after the game . I'll pick you up. How many are you,"

"uhm... 3 of us are only going to see the game. The others are going somewhere.."

"ok. Then. See you later," I hung up.

"missy, who addresses you Lee Jae Jin now a days?" mom was curious.

"I met someone who shares the same name as me. His friends won't believe it. He asked me to meet them while they're in town. Isn't dad going to watch the dodgers' game?"

"His friend is picking him up."

"awesome! Can I use the truck?" I sat down happily.

"Just make sure you're home before 4. Your dad needs it."

"unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter