part time job

Her Pride, His Dignity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jenny, how familiar you are with the entertainment world?" My boss crossed his arms.
'The hell,' I muttered under my breath. "Uh, depends. What are you trying to get at? What does my job has to do with the entertainment world. You're asking the wrong person. Jin Joo knows better,"
"Like how much do you know?" he repeated.
I shrugged. "I don't watch dramas. I rarely watch TV. I only hear names if I'm with Jin Joo."
"Alright. Uhm, I was approached to do some crash course on architecture. It will be a 2 week duration. Just the basic and autocad. well, I though you're the best candidate,"
"What? I mean? What does that mean?" My brain wasn't really functioning.
"Someone needs basic knowledge about architecture and I already agreed I will find someone to do it for him. It will be two weeks and you'll be fairly get paid on top of your pay here.
I laughed. "Seriously?" Much that I want to impress my boss. This is ridiculous. "Why don't they just go to school?"
"It's a crash course. The lead actor will be playing an architect role. They need him to learn fast,"
"And why me?" I was also curious. Well I think I already know the answer.
"You're the youngest in the firm. You still remember what you learned from school,"
As what I expected. Why did I even bother asked. "Ok, granting I am accepting this whatsoever crash course. What about my project? I can't let anyone take over it."
"The lesson will take place in their company and most likely in the evening. Private thing. You know idols,"

FYI, I don't understand them. They think they're that important. One thing that the world can't explain. I am not into entertainment and my bestfriend Jin Joo knows every single details about every single idol in Korea. Sometimes we get into fights and arguments regarding the idols."Is he that big?" I wondered.
"Jenny, this deal, you can't let anyone know it especially Jin Joo. So there are only 4 people who knows about this. You, me, and the company."
"geez!" I breath. "I need to see the script and talk to the producer so I know what to prepare for him."
"As expected of my girl," he smiled. He treats me like his daughter especially if I'm sooo good girl and obeys him.
"This is the badge and here's the address of the company. You can ask him on your first meeting whatever you want to ask," He hand me the badge and a post it note.
"When do I start?"
"That's his manager's number in there. You can call to set an appointment."
"Great! Working on weekends," I said out loud for him to hear it.
"Extra money," he laughed.
"Geez! I need my day off,"
"it's getting late. I'm sure you and Jin Joo have something today," he looked at the wall clock.
I glanced at my wristwatch."Crap!" We have a dinner set up tonight. Jin Joo said she's hooking me up with someone. "How the hell did her father knew about.." I grabbed my bag and left without saying goodbye to my boss.

My brain was occupied with the side job my boss gave me. I was lost in my own thought. Jin Joo tapped the table.
"What?" I asked her blankly.

"I was about to throw cold water in your face. What's going on?" she rested her chin on her left hand.

"I was just thinking of what I did back there. Am I so mean?" I managed to lie.

"Hell you are," she pouted. "Oh speaking. I was asked by my editor to relay a message to you. She didn't gave me any details. She said if you have time, she wanted to meet you,"

"me? what for? there's no reason for her to meet me," I said quizzically.
She glared at me and I know what does it mean. I need to make up for what I've done at the press con. "Fine. What time?" I am not taking the request because of my tactless attitude at the presscon. I'm indebted to Jin Joo, that's why I can't ever say no to her request. She was my godmother and savior back when we were in college. There were times when I was short of tuition and she'd offer to pay for the balance till I will find funds to cover it. She was also the one who found the organization who sponsored my internship in England. She's the most kind hearted soul I ever met in Korea. and oh, his dad is the director of the firm I'm working with.


Jin Joo didn't say anything about dresscode. Since it's summer, I wore my floral bluish green printed knee high dress and 3 inch heels. I asked Jae Hee to do my make up since she always does mine every time I go on occasions that I have to put make up on. Overall, I would pass as a model with my looks. Well, at least that's what my room mate said. I stand 5'5 with my heels on.

 The meeting place was in a traditional Korean restaurant. I told the receptionist about my reservation. She was so kind to show me the room. I glanced at my watch. I still have 15 minutes to spare.  I walked towards the window and called my mom and broke the news. She was very happy but at the same time sad. She said it's impossible to come because little Joey is graduating that year.

 I glanced at my watch. It's 2 minutes before 1. I knocked twice. I didn't wait for an answer. I pushed the door and peek in. I was surprised. "oh, sorry," I apologized and closed the door behind me. "It must be the wrong room,"

"Miss Shin?" I heard the door opened and  my name. I froze. 'Are they the one I am meeting?' I turned around and came face to face with Jung Yong Hwa.

"Jenny Shin?" Yong Hwa asked.

I nodded. "I wasn't informed who am I meeting," I struggled with my Korean and blushed.

"Come in. It's not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter