Chapter 4

Keeping Up With The Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

Inside one of the practice room in SM Entertainment building, twelve boys were seen on the floor. Some were just laying there, while a few of them were sitting there playing with their phone. All of their faces shown sign of fatigue, in fact, just a few minutes before, they had all collapsed on the floor as soon as the music stopped. It was 3.15am and exo members are practicing for their upcoming world tour. Even when they are all drenched in sweats, and wearing only a simple tank top or a basic t shirt with sweat pants, they looked incredibly hot. One of the guy who was laying there sat up suddenly and said, "We should totally order midnight snacks right now. My stomach is growling." 

"Tao, you do realize that you all should keep an eye on your body right? The concert is only four days away," the guy who were sitting on the sofa at the back of the room scolded. 

"But I don't gain weight that easily! Plus I need energy to carry on with practice," Tao whined while adding a slight hint of aegyo in his tone.

"Let's practice for one more round and we can go back to rest. Then I will buy ramyun for you," said the guy with blonde hair, trying to comfort his friend.

"Suho hyung jjang! I want jjapaghetti!" said the guy filled with aegyo. It is amazing how midnight snacks can make this guy here so happy.

All the boys got up and continue with their last round of practice. They have been practicing until early morning every day ever since the set list of the performances was announced a month ago . They were all tired but they knew that only by being strong, can they give strength to their band mates. It was like an unwritten rule for everyone to never whine about their hardship in the practice room. The steel hard truth to success in the kpop industry is to endure all the hardship even if they have to live an entirely different life than ordinary people. It doesn't mean that the boys never talks about their hardship. They often listened to each other's problem and in the end of the conversation, they have to accept whatever comes with being an idol. Being one of korea's most famous boy group, their hardships are sometimes different than others in the industry. It was probably the reason that pull them all together, cause no one understands them better other than each other. 

"Alright. You've worked hard today! Please go back home and get some rest. We will see each other again tomorrow." said their manager and the boys started packing up their stuffs, preparing to leave. "Ah, and try not to sleep too late, you will need energy for practice tomorrow, ok?" 

Kris, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen left the practice room first as they decide to head back to their dorm. Kris and Xiumin probably wanted to rest while Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen usually play games together no matter how tired they are.  Well that's what boys of their age do, being idol or not.

Yixing, who is being his usual perfectionist self, wanted to stay back and practice a little bit more. God knows, tomorrow the rest of the members might find him here in the morning, still in the same pair of clothes. Whenever their group is busy preparing for performances, he will stay back in the practice room until he couldn't dance anymore and he will sleep in the practice room, then go back to

Please log in to read the full chapter