You?

Loving you like this.

For a month or so, the two boys didn't speak. Luhan refused to attend school and continued to ignore every apologetic message he recieved. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to achieve the best he could so he could leave his home, the town, even the country if he was lucky enough, but here he was... sitting in his room, too scared to leave the house because of 'king' Sehun's stupid game. 

Something snapped in Luhan on a Tuesday morning when he decided that his anxiety must come to an end and he would start school the next day with a fresh start. Perhaps he should dye his hair? Style it different? He doubted that anyone would notice but he wanted to do this for himself. He'd seen countless 'self love' pictures plastered all over tumblr and other social media sites. The thought of change excited him and soon after, he was collecting this years birthday money from his top draw and making his way to the beauty salon in town.

Once he reached his destination, he found his mind clouding up. He didn't like talking to strangers, he'd become a lot more introverted in the past year, but he wasn't going to let that stop him. Luhan was a strong person and he always tried to do his best. After plucking up the courage he walked in, made an appointment with the friendly receptionist and 10-20 minutes later, he was sitting in a black leather chair. Waiting for his stylist to tend to him. 

"Hello, I'm your stylist today. My name is Kim Kibum, but you may call me Key." a cheerful tone laced the mans voice and Luhan knew this guy knew what a lot about his profession just by his image. His hair was a silver-purple like colour, parted in the middle but tossed loosely back. His eyes were lined with a thick layer of kohl and his clothes screamed sleek along fashionista. 

"Nice to meet you, my name is Luhan." Luhan was polite as he looked up at Key, who was standing behind the chair, and flashed a shy smile.

"Luhan? Such a pretty name. It matches your pretty face. You almost look like a girl, you know?"

Luhan inwardly pouted and the 'compliment' and only laughed along gently with the other man.

"Is there a style you are going for?"

"Not at all. Do you think you could maybe help me? I want something great, but not too much. I still go to school so it would be nice if it was easily maintainable."

Key tapped a fine tooth comb against his bottom lip and soon after, he nodded. "I have something perfect in mind. Any colour you would like?"

"I'll leave that to your judgment."

Two hours and a long conversation later, Luhan's hair was finally finished up. The style itself wasn't much different. It just looked more healthy, trimmed up and classy. Oh, and the colour had gone from shabby home bleached blond to a warm auburn colour. Luhan was impressed. He liked loved it. He thanked Key with shining eyes before paying for his treatments and leaving the salon feeling totally refreshed and new. He spoke to Key about his problems. About Sehun and his Shixun. Key surprisingly listened and consulted him.

“Find yourself first, like yourself first, love yourself first then friendship and love will naturally find you.” was something Luhan remembered Key blurting out at some point and it stuck in his mind vividly. 

Luhan popped his ear buds in as he repeated the quote over and over with a smile on his face. DBSK pumped loudly in his ears as he started to walk around the city centre. Suddenly, his gaze met with someone it really shouldn't have. It was Kai. 

The latter was sitting on a bench alone, presumably waiting for someone. Kai only looked at Luhan before tilting his head blankly.

He looked confused, but he didn't bother Luhan. He didn't even shoot him a glare which shocked Luhan all the more. Shortly after, Kai was joined by a familiar looking blond boy. It was Sehun. The last Luhan heard, Sehun had beaten Kai to a pulp but they quickly made up after Sehun apologised and insisted that he was just not feeling himself that day. 

Ah, there it was. Kai started to point and laugh at Luhan. Obviously he needed a friend for support when he teased. Pathetic. 

At first Sehun didn't even realise it was Luhan. He generally thought that Kai was carelessly taunting a stranger. 

"Look at him! His hair!" Kai was clapping with excitement.

"Who? What are you on?"

"Fem boy! Are you blind?" 

Sehun's eyes widened and his jaw dropped once he saw Luhan. It had been over a month since he'd seen him and he missed his doe-like eyes, his porcelain skin and his soft features. Even if the only time he'd really seen them up close was when he was mercilessly beating him. "Luhan... he looks different. Handsome..." . Did he really say that last part out loud?

"Huh? That was a joke right?"

"Y-yeah. A joke." Sehun laughed obnoxiously loud and Luhan couldn't help over hear it. 

Luhan shook his head and turned to walk away. He really didn't want to deal with them when he was feeling good about himself. 

"Kai, I need to speak with him. Wait for me at your house, I'll drop round later."

Kai only snorted. "No way. I won't let you do that."

"Look, I'll be round soon so please?"

"Why? I want to hang out here more." Kai leaned back in his seat and grinned playfully, earning a deep sigh from his friend. Sehun was quickly defeated.

Luhan spent the next hour walking slowly through the large park that was located in the city centre. He enjoyed watching all of the people, and surprisingly, some even greeted him with a smile. Nothing was ruining his day, he was going to make sure of that.

Well, that was before he got home.

As soon as he had opened the front door, he was met with screaming from his mother. "What the hell is this?" She was holding a letter in her hand. Luhan could make out the school logo printed neatly at the top. "I'm furious. Why haven't you been going to school?"

"Because I haven't." He didn't want to explain himself. She probably wouldn't listen anyway. Seriously, he had been at home this whole time and the only time she speaks up about it is when she is getting fined? Wow. 

She continued to shout at Luhan over and over. Curse words and horrid remarks filled the boys ears for a good twenty minutes or so until he eventually just got up and walked to the stairs. She was still screaming when he heard her approaching him from behind. 

"Don't you DARE walk away when I am speaking to you!" his face collided with her hand as he turned to look at her. The loud slap echoed throughout the whole room and both just stood there in shock. Luhan's eyes watered but not from the pain, more from the disbelief that his mother had hit him. She had always been a little disrespectful at times but this was a whole new level. "You deserved that." with a scowl in her voice, she soon walked into the kitchen. 

Running up the stairs, Luhan slammed his door shut with a bang. All positive emotions that he felt were now replaced with negative ones. He wiped his eyes as he started to question everything once again. Was it all worth this?

buzz buzz

'Luhan, your hair looked really good today. Did you change it? I'm sorry... - Sehun'

Luhan contemplated not texting back 'Shixun' but somehow, he found himself smiling at the compliment. It even helped him forget those triggering thoughts running in his mind. 

'You really think so? Thank you.'

He felt so lonely, so what was the harm in texting him this once? If he gave the other nothing to laugh at, maybe it would work out okay. Slowly their messages because less stiff again and they was texting into the night. 

'So will I see that cute face in school tomorrow? ;)'

Sehun was really brave in the way that he spoke but his confidence was really admirable.

'Most likely. My mum will hate me otherwise. And I'm not cute. >__<'

'Oh save it, we both know you are!' 

Luhan was blushing immensely now. He didn't like the thought of blushing over the same person that had hurt him for so long, but really, it was so nice to be receiving these compliments one after the other and Sehun was really y. Wait. What? y?
Gripping the phone tight, his eyes widened at his sudden realisation. He thought that Oh Sehun was y. His stomach started feeling like bubbles were exploding and he took in a deep breath. 

Luhan, as much as he hated to admit it, was an impulse thinker and he found himself sending a message to the other all too quickly.

'Can you meet me right now??'

. No getting that back now, huh?

'Seriously? Where?'

Sehun must've been really excited because that message came through in about 0.2 seconds. Luhan's palms started to sweat but he knew this was not going to be easy to back out of. Instead, he braved it and sent a location and time.
What was he thinking? 

 


A/N: This chapter was kind of a tease right? I'm sorry! :P Next chapter with hopefully have some lovely HunHan for you all!
It's quite funny really because this was meant to me a oneshot but now it has turned chaptered. I'm hoping the end will be the next chapter or maybe the one after that.

And Key as a stylist? Why not! x'D

I've been feeling pretty down a lot recently and I thought some self-love Luhan would really cheer me up, which it did. I hope that none of you minded the Luhan focus in this. 

There was going to be more to this chapter but I want to get it posted up as quick as possible for everyone so I will start chapter 3 right now! Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing! :D It all means a lot to me!