So sudden? /end

Loving you like this.

Throughout exam period, Luhan tested well and so did the other boys in the chess club. They came out on the end with all of the grades they desired and none of them could be happier. Luhan had decided to go to a University not far from his town (it was also Xiumin's choice of study) and after long thought, Yixing decided to join them there, as well. It all seemed too perfect. Luhan and his two close friends... going to University together and continuing their story. Honestly, the only thing that kept him feeling slightly miserable was that Sehun and him had still not spoken. He had felt bad for telling Sehun to leave him alone and he decided halfway through one of his many exam papers that he needed to text him, only Yixing had told him not to. Luhan and Yixing were now as thick as thieves. They told each other pretty much everything and if normal people were to put a label on it, they'd be called best buddies. They didn't like to call it that though, in fear of hurting Xiumin's or anyone elses feelings. 

However Sehun's life was actually the opposite to Luhan. He had near enough failed all of his tests. He had lost one of his closest friends, due to his father telling him to study more and Baekhyun not tolerating it, which Sehun also thought was quite shallow but whatever and he also didn't get accepted into the University he hoped for. It seemed like his life was destined for sports which, as much as it shocked everyone, Sehun didn't want to do. Sadly, it was either pursuing sports or his mothers popular restaurant career... and both just sounded awful to him. He had often thought about speaking to Luhan and asking for some sort of advice, he felt like Luhan would be the only person to understand but that was impossible. 

Finally the day of graduation arrived and everyone was dressed to impress in their uniforms. All with ironed shirts and blazers securely buttoned up. All graduates had each been given a special badge with the school logo on, which was to be clipped to the top pocket of their jackets. 

Luhan had previously visited Key at the salon once again and his hair had been trimmed and styled for the big day, Yixing also had his hair done there but Xiumin insisted it wasn't his thing.

The three of them sat in the front row of the main hall with the rest of their grade while Chen and Tao sat about 5 rows back, waiting to see their friends shine as they collected their certificates and grade sheets. Sehun sat on the row behind Luhan with Suho on one side and Kai and D.O on the other. Baekhyun had sat on the front row with Chanyeol.

Everyone was chattering before being brought to silence by their headmaster in a professional and polite way. They had to sing the school hymn, which hardly anyone joined in on, and then the students lined up on the side of the stage. Each one of them calmly collected their certificate and shook the hand of the headmaster, only to be given a round of applause at the end of the whole ceremony. 

Luhan, Yixing and Xiumin quickly found the other two and they all shared a group hug. 

"Congratulations you three! I'm so proud!" Chen spluttered out, his eyes glazed with happy tears. 

"You looked amazing up there!" Tao was sniffling, tightening his grip around them. 

Suddenly, another person wrapped their arms around the group, and they spoke with a deep voice Luhan barely recognised. "That was impressive, I'll give you that."

They all pulled away to get a look at the tall stranger and suddenly Tao started crying harder than he already was. "Y-Yifan!" His arms swung around the stranger Yifan once again and the latter was laughing. "They call me Kris now, you know?" 

Xiumin and Chen stood there in disbelief as they watched the two hug. 

Kris used to be in the chess club just a short while before Luhan had joined. He and Tao were kind of close but he decided to ditch school and work on his acting career. He had gotten into an agency and he was clearly earning a name for himself. He was dressed in flashy designer clothing and he looked like an A-lister there and then. Luhan had heard all about 'The Amazing Yifan' from Tao's blabbering and the same went for Yixing. Only, Yixing knew sooner as Tao would write to him about the older, expressing his sadness when he left. If anything, Yixing actually helped Tao through the whole separation. 

It warmed Luhan's heart to see how much the four had missed each other. They started catching up immediately while he and Yixing stood at the side. 

"Oh, Yifa-"

"Kris." he was proud that he had a stage name now.

"... Kris. This is Yixing and Luhan! They joined the club after you left!" Tao excitedly introduced his friends.

"Nice to meet you two. I saw you up there, well done." Kris expressed his emotions politely and shook both of their hands. They both thanked him kindly and then they joined the whole group conversation themselves.

While the boys all talked, Luhan felt someone approach him from behind. His right arm was pulled slightly to turn him around and when he did, his mind flat lined. Sehun was standing right before him. Nervousness evident in his face and Luhan couldn't speak a word. 

"Will you come with me?" Sehun's usual confident voice was shakey and it made Luhan's heart skip. I thought I was over this now.

"Y-yeah, sure." he was wary, but something inside him was screaming at him to talk with Sehun now. Luhan quickly told Yixing, earned a pat on the back and then followed behind slowly.

Luhan was expecting a slow walk and maybe a nice conversation with the other but it soon shocked him when Sehun was taking him to his own group of friends. They stood not far from the Yixing and the others, all reminiscing and cheering over their hard earned grades. Well, not in Sehun's case but that's just how it goes. 

"Sehun? Where are we going?" He knew the answer, be he still needed the confirmation as he couldn't comprehend what was happening. Sehun didn't reply though. He only grabbed Luhan's hand and pulled him along quicker. 

Sehun interrupted his friends' celebration with a blunt "Oi." then they all turned to face him... and a confused and scared looking Luhan. Each of them lifted their brows, looking almost as dumbfounded as the auburn haired boy. 

"This is Luhan. As you are all aware." Sehun spoke up, trying to sound as solid as ever. "I like Luhan. I like him a lot. What I've done to him... made you do to him..." he scanned over each of them as their faces changed from one emotion to the next. "Is something you should never do to someone you like. I've liked him for longer than I can remember and I have to tell you that, if you can't accept him, then I can't accept you any longer." 

Each one of them stood there in silence, Luhan included. Luhan's eyes widened once the realisation sunk in and Sehun only tightened the grip on his hand to either reassure him or keep him from running. He wasn't quite certain.

Suho, D.O and Kai all looked to Sehun then to Luhan, then to Sehun... then to Luhan.

Suho was the first to show any sign of a real reaction. He started to smile warmly and Sehun took that as an approval. Although Kai only glared, slightly snarling at the two in front of him. 

"Are you serious or is this some dumb joke? You're ready to ditch your friends for him?"

"Completely serious and yes."

Kai sighed and looked to the floor. He stayed quiet before running a hand through his thick, brown hair. With a click of his tongue, he once again met Sehun's eyes with a glare. Wanting to keep the friendship he truly cherished, he smiled with little enthusiasm. "Congratulations."

Sehun could tell it wasn't earnest, but he always knew Kai would take some time to adjust to the idea. 

D.O only remained quiet, but once Kai had given his 'blessing', his eyes softened and it was evident that he was already accepting of this whole situation. 

"It's nice to meet you, Luhan. Well, properly anyway." Suho gave Luhan a friendly pat on the arm and Luhan found that the kindness was helping to calm his nerves. He smiled lightly at the male before Suho ushered him closer, wanting to whisper something.

"These two seem scary at first but don't worry, they are like little kittens when they get used to you." he let out a playful meow before pulling back and winking at Luhan. It made the latter giggle slightly and Sehun silently thanked Suho for helping this situation become less awkward. 

"Have you told Baekhyun yet?" D.O simply questioned, earning a frown from the taller. 

"We don't talk, remember?" 

"He might be jealous that his Sehunnie is off of the market now." Kai spoke coldly, but a smile played on his lips. 

Sehun sniggered at his friend but the nickname soon brought confusion to Luhan. "Sehunnie?"

"It's an inside joke. Please, never call me that Luhan." he shook his head, knowing how easy that nickname soon caught on and that was strictly not allowed.

"Ah, okay..." Luhan smiled to himself before looking at Kai and continuing the sentence a little more quiet "Sehunnie." He intended it to lighten the situation and it worked as Kai showed a small toothy grin. 

Sehun huffed and suddenly the awkward-ness was gone from the air. It all became more relaxed and they all began to talk more freely. Laughing at each others previous expressions and discussing the grades each of them had. They all seemed generally interested and Luhan had found out that Suho was also going to be attending the same University next month.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol soon found their way over. Baekhyun could never resist gossip and he needed to know why that Luhan kid was with his ex friends. As quick as the atmosphere was relaxed, it tensed up again. Baekhyun was still friends with Suho and D.O but the other two were another story. Chanyeol, however, was still friends with everyone. Sehun coldly explained the whole situation to Baekhyun but he didn't quite get the harshness in his voice. He only looked happy? He kept saying he was delighted for them and patting Sehun's back. It was like he forgot the whole argument and actually, Sehun missed the happy, puppy-like, boy and soon decided to drop the whole thing. The same couldn't be said for Kai but he decided to stay quiet in this moment. He hated how Baekhyun had treated Sehun and wasn't prepared for such an easy forgiveness. But to make things smoother, he only whispered bad things about the boy to D.O secretly.

Luhan found it all a little bit overwhelming and maybe... fake? But he still smiled and tried his best to get along with Sehun's friends. Inside his head, he still questioned everything. He hadn't spoken to Sehun in months yet here he was, being introduced as a boyfriend? A crush? He didn't really know but he wanted to be alone with Sehun to talk about his feelings more clearly. 

After telling Sehun that he needed to speak with him in private, they all decided to meet at a popular club later that night. As Sehun discussed the matter further, Luhan texted Yixing, telling him a brief explanation of what happened and that he should bring everyone to the club as well.

Receiving a 'Sure! :)' from his buddy, Luhan knew that it was fine to go ahead and talk to Sehun alone.

Luhan and Sehun both walked together through the school. It was practically empty as people still celebrated in the hall and others had gone home as it was a half day. They decided to sit down on a bench just outside of the main entrance. 

"I'm sorry it was so sudden, but I couldn't hold it back anymore." Sehun slightly angled his body to face Luhan.

"Don't apologise. I'm really glad you did it." Luhan smiled as he nodded but was soon met with something warm on his dry lips. Sehun was kissing him, much like the first time, and Luhan could feel his heart racing extremely fast. 

Sehun pulled away slowly and rested his forehead against the others'. "I couldn't hold that back, either."

Luhan laughed at his honesty but then pushed himself forward and made their lips meet once again. The kiss was deeper than the first one and both Luhan and Sehun really noticed how much they were aching for each other. Sehun ran his hand through Luhan's soft hair, causing Luhan to let out a slight moan and that alone excited Sehun. He pulled back sharply and Luhan covered his own mouth. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." 

Shaking his head, Sehun only smiled. "You're so perfect."

Luhan's cheeks turned a shade of pink and he looked away from Sehun's handsome face. "Don't say that."

 

The two of them talked seriously for a good hour without disruptions. They spoke about what each of them had been up to in their time apart and what they had been feeling. Luhan told Sehun about his plans for University and Sehun told Luhan about his trouble. Luhan entwined their hands together and tried to advise Sehun. Even in a time like this. He comforted him and Sehun could have gladly stayed there for his whole life. As their conversation came to an end, they had shared one or more kisses and honestly admitted how they felt for one another.  It was safe to say they was going to go steady. Tell their friends and try to make it work. Even if they didn't go to University together.

"What did I do to deserve you? You shouldn't even like me." Sehun brushed Luhan's cheek softly, his eyes looking sad.

Luhan continued to smile. "Well, love works in mysterious ways... Sehunnie.~"

That word. Although Sehun didn't mind too much when Luhan said it. Actually he thought it was quite cute. 

"We should get going if we want to get ready for that club." Luhan motioned his hand towards the front gate before standing up and straightening up his clothes. Sehun nodded and joined him before pecking his now boyfriend on the cheek. 

"I can't wait." 


A/N:

Ughhhhhhh, I'm so sorry for this rushed ending and lack of Hunhan!
​I feel like there was so much potential in this story and I basically milked it. x'D

If you liked it, I'm really glad you did! I could really use some tips to help my writing so if you have any, please tell me!

I'm thinking of making a side story with what happened at the club but I honestly need to study some ways of writing first!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR STICKING THROUGH TO THE END and 181 subs?? That's too kind. Really. :') Thank you for the comments and the upvotes, you all mean a lot to me! <3 Have a good day!