Surprise!!

Loving you like this.

Luhan awoke with a smile on his face. Today he could see Sehun again and he also was quite excited to show off his new look, even if he only inwardly admitted that. 
Luhan actually enjoyed positive attention. Before everyone had him, he loved all of the comments, confessions and gifts he would receive, that might have even been what made him go to school and get the good grades he had. That was all gone now, though.

Something in his mind kept him hopeful. Maybe Sehun would tell everyone about their relationship and they'd become kings of the school, or just being accepted again and being with Sehun was enough for him. It kept him cheerful and he thought of all the possibilities as he made his way to school. Getting ready and walking there was all a blur to him. He was lost in his daydreams and as he got closer to the destination, he noticed that once again, people had started to stare at him. Notice him.

"So, what was you up too last night? You wasn't on skype." Kai looked over at Sehun as he ate his cereals. They was all loosely sat around a table in the school cafeteria. They liked to attend the 'Breakfast club' because it meant free food and it made Suho, one of the quiet ones of the group, feel better that his friends had all eaten 'the most important meal of the day'. He was like a mother to them all, a nagging, bossy but caring mother. He'd even earned himself a nickname at this point but he didn't care about it. 

"You wasn't on LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!" a loud Baekhyun got in Sehun's face, looking wide eyed at the fact someone could miss their weekly, more like daily, 'games night'.

"I was busy, homework." 

"Yeah, yeah. What's the real reason?" 

Kai side-eyed the conversation between the two males.

"Homework, now drop it."

"That's not possible Sehunnie!"

​There was that nickname again, the one that made Sehun's blood boil, his stomach turn and his fists clench. 

"Just shut up Baekhyunnie!" Sehun gritted his teeth and tried to annoy the other back, but only earned a warm smile.

"Y-you're giving me a nickname like that? You must really love me!" flinging his arms around Sehun, Baekhyun was aware of Sehun's mood but only wanted to taunt him further. 

It was then that Kai spoke up. 

Luhan had earned a few smiles as he walked through the gates of the school. It was an early winter morning and everyone had their hats, gloves and scarves on. Although the only thing keeping Luhan warm was the thought of seeing Sehun's smile. He took in a deep breath before approaching the cafeteria himself. He wanted some toast (and he knew Sehun was usually there in the mornings). Groups of students stood by the door and inside, all gossiping and laughing at each other. Today really seems like a happy day, Luhan was thinking to himself before he entered casually. 

"Sorry Baek, but Sehun has already found someone." Kai spoke coldly, looking Sehun dead in the eyes. Sehun felt like his friend was literally staring into his soul, burning a hole even.

"Oh yeah? Who's that then?" tinted with a fake jealousy, Baekhyun huffed and crossed his arms. Although he really did want to know, he loved getting the dirty on people.

Sehun kept his calm exterior but inside he was freaking out. Him and Kai could never really keep secrets from each other and he wondered if the other had figured out that he liked Luhan just from the run-in the both had with him the previous day. Did he stare weirdly?  When he called him handsome, did Kai really take it on board?

"Who is it? Hmm, Sehun? Do you want to answer Baekhyun's question or do I have to do that for you too?"

Glaring, Sehun shook his head. "I don't know what you're blabbing on about, Kai."

Suddenly, Kai noticed Luhan entering and smirked wide. This is about to get fun. "Oh, you don't know?" he raised his voice only a little before saying boldly "Then why was you kissing Luhan last night?"

...

Everyone went quiet. They all stopped in their tracks and stared at either Sehun or Luhan. Sehun only kept his eyes on Kai though, and Baekhyun just looked to and fro at his friends. It was tense. The whole room waited to hear Sehun's comeback. Did he really do it? They kissed? Don't they hate each other?

Sehun started laughing gently and stood up, his defense mode kicking in. "Me? Kiss that kid? Are you serious? Well... maybe I kissed him last night, but that's because I thought that beating him was getting boring."

Kai scanned his eyes over the boy standing above him before looking slowly at the confused Luhan by the door. "People don't usually kiss the people they hate if they get bored." he made sure to emphasize that word for Luhan's ears. 

"Toying with his heart and scarring him emotionally is better than bruises that fade, my friend. I could never like that... thing, boy, whatever he is." 

Luhan stared at them both, talking loud for everyone to hear. Talking loud for everyone to judge. 

"Oh, okay." Kai simply smiled, letting it drop knowing that Luhan had heard enough now. Sehun nodded firmly as if to confirm his own statement and then sat back in his own seat. Still unaware of the the broken hearted eyes that were fixed to him. The hall then went from quiet whispers to louder chat as a few seconds went by. Some students even laughing at Luhan before throwing things at him, food, napkins, he didn't really know what. He didn't care either. 

"Well, I think that plan has already failed." Suho looked down at the table, actually feeling sorry for Luhan. 

"Why?" Sehun tilted his head, confused at Suho's outspoken comment.

"Because 'lover boy' just heard that whole thing." pointing at Luhan timidly, Suho looked away, he didn't want to see all of those kids throwing things for a second longer. 

Sehun turned his head slowly and met Luhan's upset eyes. He was just hoping that some rumours would spread and Luhan would continue to be his partner in secret for a while before it was easier. But now Luhan's expression was killing him. He looked so... broken and empty before having enough of getting names and objects thrown his way and walking out. 

The rest of his day was the exact opposite of what Luhan thought it'd be. Once again, he was the walking joke of the whole school and because of that, he left at lunch break and returned to his empty house. It wasn't long before Sehun was texting him.

'I really didn't mean that stuff. Let me call you?'

Luhan didn't reply but soon after, his phone was ringing and he hesitated before answering an upset sounding Sehun. 

"Luhan, I..."

"I don't really want to hear it." Luhan sighed.

"Listen to me... I didn't mean a word of it. I really like you, I just didn't want Kai finding it out this way. If I told him that we was dating now, he would have made it really bad for you."

"Bad like.... getting food thrown over me? Because I think that is pretty up there, Sehun."

"No, it would've been worse."

Luhan scoffed and just glared ahead of him. He thought things over for a moment while deciding carefully what to say next. "I believe you."

"So you know I like you? You forgive me?"

"Yes, I forgive you." Luhan could practically hear Sehun smiling over the phone.

"Thank you! Thank you! You won't regret this. We can still see each other and-"

"Don't ever talk to me again, Sehun. I can forgive you, but I can't forget that. Not yet, anyway. Please don't seek me out, or text me. I mean this, okay?"

The phone went quiet and Luhan wasn't quite sure he meant what he had just blurted over the phone or not. He could only hear a faint breathing coming from the other end of the line before it was cut off. 


A/N: I just power-wrote this in two hours. x'D I'm so sorry to everyone who wanted happy things but you know... drama needs to happen! 

I wonder how people can write 10'000 word fanfics because just over a thousand gets me stumped! I really admire some people... woah...

Anyway, I hope you like it and comment! Your comments give me life. BI and I love seeing every ones predictions! Like the "Kai likes Sehun" one! I didn't intend it that way but honestly, it does look like it, so if it adds to the story for you, please continue to see it that way! :D

I recently left college for personal reasons so I now have a lot of free time to write, and I'm really in the mood to write right now, so hopefully I'll be updating again very soon! I also have a Halloween oneshot planned, too! although it will be , woops  So please expect that soon! 

THANK YOU FOR READING!!