School fete?

Loving you like this.

The next day, Luhan attended school but kept on a lowdown. He tried to hide his face and keep to the side of the corridors, the back of the classrooms, that kind of thing. Finals were fast approaching and he decided to block everything out but studying.

Everyday went the same and strangely, no one seemed to bother him anymore. There would be gossiping about him but no one called him something bad, no one hit him, no one 'accidentally' tripped him as he walked. He was left alone and he actually started to like his quiet life. He would often see Sehun around school and at first it was a little awkward. They would look at each other and look away immediately but now when they spotted each other, there was a slight smile pulling at both of their lips. Although they still never said a word to each other. 

Months gradually passed and it was already nearing the end of March. Everyone was knuckling down and soon there was going to be a school fete to help the students unwind. Luhan always admired the work that went into all of the stalls and even wanted to join, but he was never in a club. 

The corridors were filled with students that were ready for their morning classes. Many filed outside of the closed doors and simply discussed their plans for the upcoming events and weekend. Suddenly Luhan felt a soft tap on his shoulder and he turned around to be met with a kind face.

"H-hey, um, is this class 3-B?" the stranger with black hair asked with a smile, a thick accent in his voice.

Luhan could instantly tell that the boy in front of him was Chinese and he smiled wide in return. "It sure is, are you new here?"

"I am, I just transferred. My name is Yixing, it's nice to meet you." 

"It's nice to meet you too, Yixing. I am Luhan."

"Have you been attending this school long?"

"Very long. If you need me to show you around, I don't mind."

"Thank you! That would help." 

They both smiled at each other before going into the class room. Yixing found a seat next to Luhan and the two shared a few glimpses throughout the lesson. Once it was over, Luhan began to lead his newly found friend throughout the school and showed him all of the important places to be. They had a free study period to do as they like. Luhan would usually go up to the library and read but today he wanted to be helpful, and he really enjoyed having company. 

"So, you're from China, right?" Luhan stated, knowing that he couldn't be wrong.

"Yes, Changsha to be exact. How did you know?"

"I'm from Beijing myself." 

Yixing's face lit up even more than it was before. He didn't feel so alienated now. He was scared that when he moved, although he had a penpal in the school, he would be bullied for being different. That wasn't a worry anymore, not with Luhan here. "That's so awesome. Oh, I have to meet with a friend upstairs in room 205, would you like to come? And... maybe show me the way?" he started to laugh at himself, knowing he sounded needy.

Luhan quickly obliged and smiled whole-heartedly. "Of course. I'll lead the way."

The two boys reached the room smoothly and Luhan tapped on the door lightly. He could tell the room was a club room and he didn't want to disturb anything. He heard a soft voice sound from the other side.

"Come in."

Yixing opened the door and invited Luhan after him. Both of them stood there for a while, staring at the three other males sitting around a small table. Two were playing chess while the other just watched intensely. 

One of the boys, the one with glasses made a final move "check... mate." a smug smile on his lips. Luhan watched with confusion, he never understood chess, or how some people could become so immersed in it. The opponent only sighed as he lowered his head. "Congratulations, Chen." he looked up with a smile and patted his, Luhan assumed friend, on the shoulder.

"Good game guys." The observer nodded, clapping quietly. "Ah, Yixing! You're here. You look so handsome in that uniform!" he got up and approached them. He gave Yixing a friendly hug before turning to Luhan. "And who is this?"

"This is Luhan, he's been taking care of me today." 

Luhan gave a weak smile. He assumed that this boy had been going to the school for a while and would know all about him already. That loser kid.

"I'm Tao. It's nice to meet you. I'm a first year." the tall, blond boy bowed slightly, and showed a kind expression. "This glasses nerd over here is Chen, second year and the one with the cheeks, yeah, that's Xiumin, third year."

"My name is Minseok, Tao."

"No~ It isn't. It's Xiumin or Baozi, which do you prefer?" 

Luhan giggled at the familiar word and then he heard the smaller mutter a small "Xiumin" before turning back to Chen who was whispering something. 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! No whispering! That's rude, especially with guests!" Tao soon stormed up to his friends and smacked them both upside the head. "Please find a seat and sit down, you two." 

They was all now sitting around the small table together. Tao had turned out to be the penpal Yixing had had over time and so the two was catching up, although they had met the previous day when Yixing had arrived in Seoul.

Chen, the more outgoing of the other two quickly turned to Luhan and eyed him up and down. "Aren't you that kid that nobody likes?"

Luhan only gulped and stared at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Chen, don't be so rude." Xiumin waved into the air before looking at Luhan himself and patting his shoulder. "No judgments in this room, my friend."

"But I was just asking a question?"

"Actually..." Luhan cut in. "You're right."

"See, I told you so Minnie!" Chen looked proud to be clued up on the popular gossip and then fixed his glasses securely back onto his nose. "So why is that, Luhan?"

Luhan thought for a moment and realised that actually, he had no idea how it had become the way it had. He looked around the room as if there was an answer hidden somewhere but eventually he settled with a shrug. "I don't actually know how it happened. I'm just a normal kid."

"That's not what the rumours say. Apparently you're a spoilt brat who sleeps with old men and they used to pay for your grades. But then you became so battered that they stopped, and that's why your grades dropped and everyone beat you because you was gross." Chen rambled on fast, Luhan barely catching what he said all at once. "And there is other stuff too."

"None of that is true, Chen." Xiumin glared at him. "Do you believe everything those lowlifes tell you or what? Luhan was and still is a normal kid."

It felt weird that someone was defending him for a change and he wondered why and also how Xiumin had known about it. 

"I've been here as long as Luhan has, I've seen what those animals have done to him. It's horrible and he doesn't need anymore of it, okay? Especially right now."

Luhan suddenly clicked that Tao said earlier that Xiumin was a third year, the same year as him. "You saw?"

"Yes, and I only never helped because well... I was scared. It's selfish and I'm sorry." 

"Don't be be sorry, I could never blame you. That's how people are, right?" Luhan generally didn't mind Xiumin's confession and soon patted him gently on the back, reassuring him that it was all alright. 

Shortly after, Tao stood and everyone turned their attention to him. "I'd like to welcome Yixing and Luhan to the chess club."

Luhan looked stunned at the sudden welcoming and then shook his head. "I-I don't know how to play chess."

"We'll teach you." Chen grinned, all judgment gone from his face. 

Only a week had passed before Luhan was setting up a stall in their small club room that read "Guess the name of the stuffed Panda and win a prize! (and the Panda)". He laughed at the simplistic idea that they had conjured up in the throughout the week but still thought of it as good, nonetheless. Other small club rooms down the same corridor also had simplistic ideas too. This was because the best ones were all taken by the popular clubs like "soccer club" and "fashion club". Their stalls got to go outside, where visitors would pay attention to them most. Tao admitted secretly that he hoped no one came to their room so he could keep the stuffed toy that he already named 'Pebbles'. 

Luhan had started to fit in with the other four very closely now and had even seen them after school on some days. He was getting to know them more and grew particularly close to Xiumin. Although Chen would sometimes get a little jealous that his best friend was being taken, he actually liked that the shy Baozi was mingling with other people. Especially other people his age.

The school fete opened at 5pm and everyone got to work. Although the chess club only sat there, because nobody would be exploring that area of the school just yet. They all chatted amongst themselves before Chen and Yixing both volunteered to go and fetch some cakes from the cookery stall outside. Luhan walked them out of the club room and waved goodbye after giving his cake request to them. He then looked out of the window at all of the students and parents exploring all of the stalls and playing various games. A smiled painted his face as it was the most content he had felt since... well since he and Sehun had gone out that one night and kissed in front of his house. Suddenly, Luhan became flushed and he found himself looking for Sehun in the crowd below. Once he found him, he felt his heart flutter at the sight of the handsome male talking politely to some grandparents and their grandchildren. He was laughing with them and Luhan could feel himself longing to hear that laugh himself. 

"Luhan, people are coming!" his daydream was cut off by a desperate whispering from Tao, ushering him to get inside. They had decided to put Luhan on the door, as they all agreed he was the most good looking and charming-like among them, much to Chen's disapproval. 

Luhan greeted the people, he assumed they must have been parents, warmly and explained what their event was. The woman of the pair quickly squealed and insisted that her husband win the cute panda. They both entered the room and configured on a name. They wrote it on a piece of paper, along with their number, and popped it into the box provided. After they left, a few others had come into the room, too. It was nearly always the same. The girls cooing over the stuffed toy and trying their best to think of a name and their boyfriends, dads, husbands and even friends shaking their heads every time. 

By the end of the event, three people had guessed the correct name for the plush and Tao was in hysterics. Hugging it tight and refusing to let go. "How could you take him from me?! He is my Pebbles and I refuse!"

"Tao, we got him for the competition... not for you." Chen rolled his eyes and hissed at the blabbering boy. 

"You don't know how it FEELS! Buy a new one. Pebbles can't go..." 

"It's too late now, Tao..." Luhan consoled his friend and rubbed Tao's back gently. "He'll be happy... you saw how all of those girls wanted him."

"Promise me."

Placing a hand onto his chest, Luhan said confidently "I cross my heart and hope to die." 

Tao slowly let go of the Panda as he sniffled. "I love you Pebbles." and before he could hold it again, Chen quickly snatched it up. 

 

They cleaned everything up and ended up deciding the winner would be the first woman who came in. Tao was sure she would take care of him the best and so it was set on that. The couple returned and collected their prize and Pebbles before thanking them all and taking their leave. 

"Thank you for a good time everyone." Yixing smiled wide and brought them all into a group hug. Luhan felt safe, comforted and at home. He only wished he had met them all sooner, he loved them all dearly, despite knowing them for a short period of time. The fete marked the start of exam season and suddenly it all felt too quick for Xiumin, Yixing and Luhan. They knew that they wouldn't be able to play around and slack off now. It was time to decide on their universities. Xiumin already had his marked down, just needed his grades. Yixing was debating whether to go back to China, even though he had not long moved to South Korea and Luhan was sure he'd probably follow one of them. 

"Please do well in your exams you three." Chen said, with an ache in his voice. He didn't want to say goodbye so soon and only tightened his hold on them all. 

"We will!" they all smiled. 


2272+ words?! Holy cow! 

There was hardly any Hunhan and I'm really sorry! I hope you still enjoyed the meeting of Exo-M! (Kris is going to make an appearance next chapter. >:D)
It seems I can write so much more when it's not fluff or love? Dammit. Does this mean I am inexperienced? x'D Maybe I should take a hint. LOL.

The next chapter will be the last I'm afraid, I have a sweet ending planned! Will Luhan get his Sehunnie? ;) 

Thank you for reading every one! AND WOOP FOR DOUBLE UPDATE! :D