Help?

Loving you like this.

Luhan isn't quite sure how this happened to him. He was laying on the cold, hard ground of the schools locker room as he sharply curled up into a ball to shield his stomach from anymore kicks. 

"Oh come on, Lu. Don't be like that. It's no fun." he could hear a gruff voice calling to him as many others' laughter mixed in with the thumping of his headache. 

It had been like this for a good few years now. He doesn't know the exact date of when he went from the "pretty boy going places" to the "girly boy going down", but it wasn't always like this and it made his chest hurt. He didn't belong in this school, at least, that's what he was told every day.

The bell rung throughout the school and slowly the kids all started to move out. They all left him there. No body cared. Not even the teachers.

Luhan whimpered as he lifted himself up onto his feet. Holding onto his stomach, he gasped. His uniform was all ruffled and his face swollen. How long can I keep this up? Would it be better if I just... go? He thought. 

 

After he made it home, he placed his bag onto the floor beside the sofa. No one was here. They never was. Luhan's father worked almost everyday, every hour. It was rare to see him home and as for his mother, pfft. Who knew where she was... probably with another man, as always. Luhan only sighed. This isn't where he wanted to be. He always imagined that by this age, he would be the captain of the soccer team in his school, hanging around with friends and being looked up too, his parents' pride and joy. But the sad reality was, nobody looked up to him, noticed him, wanted him. He was a loser. Nothing more, maybe less. The truth hit hard this time round and Luhan slumped on the sofa. Tears starting to spill from his eyes, he only wished to disappear. Sob after sob filled the dark, empty room before he began crying to himself to sleep. This was a regular occurance, in fact, this could even be called his own lullaby. 

 

Once he awoke, there was birds singing outside of the window. It was Saturday morning. Luhan rubbed his red and sleepy eyes. Looking around for any signs of anyone else, he found none. Only the front door was left ajar. Meaning that his mother had probably come home drunk last night. He looked to the ground before standing and stretching himself out. He closed the door and slowly climbed the stairs to his mums room. He needed to be sure that she was in, at least. 
He knocked on his parents' room door before opening it gently.

"Hm? Yes?" his wondering gaze was met by a half- middle-aged man lounging in the double bed. "Who are you? Babe, there is a brat here!" the stranger called in the direction of the en suite. 

Luhan heard the shower abruptly stop as his mother ventured out of the small room. Wrapped in a towel, she smiled. "Oh, honey. This is Luhan, my son." 

"Right." the stranger scoffed, shooting judgements Luhan's way. 

"C-can I speak with you for a moment?" Luhan pulled his mum out of the bedroom and onto the landing. He was disgusted by her. 

"What's up, baby?" she started to brush at Luhan's hair, trying her best to put on that 'mothering' tone. You know the sort, innocent and 'caring'. 

"That man..." 

"It's nothing. He is just a friend."

"But dad..."

"Don't tell him." a worried look flowed across her face. "Please, just go out with your friends and leave us be right now." her tone turning more cold now, Luhan only nodded. He didn't like to fight. It was useless against them. 

He sighed deeply and went to his own room. He needed to change out of his uniform. After grabbing the first t-shirt and jeans he could find, he went to the bathroom to wash his face. It was the first time he was looking in the mirror since yesterdays beating. There wasn't much damage. Only a little bruising but he failed to understand how his own mother didn't even question it. He shook his head then washed his face. Throwing on his clothes, he felt somewhat better. More clean at least. 

 

He didn't want to be out. There was no 'friends' to see and no where to go. He felt threatened by everyone. They all looked at him strange. Like he was just a piece of dirt. He sat on a bench in the local park.

buzz buzz

Someone had text him. But who? Nobody even knew his number. Not that he knew of, anyway. 

'Chin up, cutie. You look best when you're smiling.'

Luhan read the message only to put his phone back in his pocket. Probably a miss-dial. It'd be nice to have texts like that but those things didn't happen to him.

buzz buzz

'I said chin up. :)'

Again, he ignored it. 

buzz buzz

'Luhan. Chin UP.'

What? It clearly said his name this time. Who on earth would be texting him?

'Who is this? It isn't funny.' 

He replied bluntly, he didn't want to be the center of someones cruel joke. He got that enough at school.

'I know it isn't funny. This isn't a joke, Luhan. Your smile is no joke.'

Luhan looked round at everyone passing by. He was shocked. Was someone watching him? There was kids playing on the swing set and a few teens from his school playing soccer on the field. That was it. No one was paying attention to him, so who could it be exactly? 

'Who is this?'

buzz buzz a fast reply.

'Just an admirer. I want to make you happy, even if it's like this.'

He didn't know what to think but somehow these texts where making his stomach do flips. Luhan didn't know if it was the flattery or the fact that this was kinda... creepy.

 

 

After a few texts exchanged, Luhan felt more at ease with the anonymous messenger. Actually, he was enjoying the company more than anything. They spoke about how Luhan was feeling and shared interests. Luhan found out the messenger was his age, male, but that was about all. Luhan didn't really need to know. What if this person was like him? A nervous wreck, scared of everyone. Only finding outlet in the most discreet ways. Yeah, this could work.

'Can I have your name?'

'Shixun :)'

'You're Chinese? Wow...!'

Luhan didn't know anyone else from China so this automatically ruled out all of his predictions. He didn't even stop and think that the other could be sending a fake name. He was to engrossed at the idea of having a friend now.

 

However, the other was indeed lying. He knew he could never tell Luhan his real identity. That is because he was Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun who bullied Luhan since the begining. Sehun joined the school many years back and after seeing Luhan, he imediately liked the pretty boy. He wasn't gay though. He couldn't be gay. He was good looking, getting girls as he pleased. So why was this guy making him feel extremely tingly just at a glance? 
It wasn't long after that that Sehun gained popularity from his looks and extremely sporty nature. But once he joined the soccer team, he couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to play soccer but not see this boy anymore. Rumours. It seemed like the best way to get rid of him, out of the soccer team and out of his sight. So he spread various things about the unknowing boy, they all caught on like wildfire. Spreading to each student... burning Luhan to the ground. 
He and his friends beat the smaller boy down along with his reputation. He thought that once Luhan looked ugly, from the cuts and the bruises, he wouldn't like him anymore. It didn't work that way. This angered Sehun more and he kept hitting and hitting but it never killed that sensation. He found himself scowling at his own reflection everyday. He was a monster and he knew he could never forgive himself.

Although now, he had come to realise that he really liked... maybe even loved Luhan. He accepted himself. It only took him what, 2-3 years but he was ready to try and get to know the other now. He obtained Luhan's phone number through charming the young intern at front reception. He was nervous but soon after, he found himself texting and it all seemed alright. He was finally talking to him.

 

'How was school today? Get any problems from them boys?'

'Not really. It's calming down a bit now. Could be because it's exam season. Either way, now I don't have to look at their gross faces anymore, it's a relief.'

'Gross? I can imagine.'

They had been texting for over a month now and it didn't hurt Sehun when Luhan told 'Shixun' about his real thoughts on him. Actually, he couldn't agree more so it felt good to know he had that second opinion.

'Maybe they'll just stop now?'

'I'd love that. How was your day?'

'Mediocre. Missing you when I couldn't text.'

It made Luhan smile when he recieved those sweet messages. Someone actually missed his company? It was an amazing feeling.

'We only stopped for 3 hours. :P'

'3 hours is too long without you.'

Little did Luhan know, that Shixun was close to him. He was only 2 seats behind him in his own lesson, looking at him with gentle eyes. Imagining all sorts of scenarios in his head. But how could Sehun ever confess to someone who he's never even spoken face to face with? Other than the occasional 'loser, freak, waste of space' he'd hiss while he punched and kicked him but Sehun tried to forget all about that. Pretend it never happened.

 

Luhan was walking home as he was texting Shixun, a smile apparent on his face as he recieved each message. That was until he met the group of students who made his life a living hell. 

"What are you doing pretty boy? Texting your mum?" the group laughed as a boy revealed himself from behind them. It was Kai. Kai was known for his brutal beatings throughout the whole school. Second in command to the almighty Sehun. His dark brown hair hung messily over his face as he flashed a smug smile. "Well?"

Luhan only sighed. One, he knew this wasn't going to be easy. There was at least 6 boys here, and 2 girls. Two, that was probably the lamest insult he'd ever heard. But he didn't speak up at all. He placed his phone into his blazer pocket and took a step back. 

"Hey, look Kai! He's so scared of you!" a menacing laugh came from the shorter boy standing behind the other. His name was D.O. Well, that was a nickname, short for 'Demon Offspring' because he was like the son of satan himself. His real name was Kyungsoo but only the teachers would call him that. D.O. was like Kai's assistant. He followed the other around like a puppy and everyone knew that wherever Kai was, D.O. would be too. "Let's beat the crap out of him! Show him that he has every reason to be scared!" 

Kai looked over to a taller boy, waiting for approval. The taller boy was Sehun. He was dreading this day, because now he actually knew Luhan, he couldn't bring himself to harm a hair on his head. That's why the beatings had stopped, but now he had no idea what to do. Beat up his love intrest or reveal himself and be completely outcast? If he revealed himself, Luhan might not even forgive him. If he let Kai do as he pleased, this could end bad and even worse in the long run. 

Sehun doesn't know what he's thinking but he finds himself nodding at Kai. A clear indication to do whatever he wants. Suddenly, Kai is smiling his usual sadistic smile as he and the rest of the boys circle around Luhan, there's cheering. Sehun stands back, he doesn't want to see this. 

They all start the name calling before it turns into an all out punch up. This time, Luhan is trying to fight back. Only to be pounced on by one of the boys. Baekhyun? He thinks that's his name. He couldn't really recall right now. "Look at how fiesty he is!"
Punch, kick, punch, slap. Luhan is starting to memorise all of it in a sequence now. He feels faint, about to black out before falling to his knees. Punch, kick, punch, slap.
He's on the floor now. In that familiar position. Curling up into a ball, only this time it's too much. He's crying harder than ever before and he pulls out his phone. He writes a shakey message before he completely passes out.

'help me shixun'

 

Waking up, Luhan looked around at the familiar room. It was his lounge. He was laying on his own sofa. It was dark and he could make out a slight outline of a man sitting on a seat opposite him. 

"Dad? Is that you?"

Who else could it be? Nobody else knew him now but to Luhan's surprise, somebody else answered him.

"It's me, Luhan. It's Shixun."

S-Shixun? How?

"I saved you. You asked me to, right?" It was like Sehun had read Luhan's mind.
Although Luhan couldn't see the others' face, he felt a warm smile in the air. "I'm sorry..."

Sehun was sure he was done for now. He had just beaten half of his friends to a pulp and now he was revealing himself to Luhan. He felt sick.

"Why are you sorry?" Luhan still hadn't realised the slighty-familiar voice belonged to Oh Sehun. "It wasn't you." he lifted himself up, and sat in a stable position. "How are you even here?"

"Luhan, I..." the dark figure stood up and made his way closer to Luhan. He climbed onto his knees before bowing his head. "It was me." Sehun had hot tears spilling from his eyes. He couldn't believe that he had caused Luhan all of this hell and he couldn't believe that he was coming clean now. He slowly lifted his head to reveal his face in the little light that there was. 

Luhan only gasped inwardly once the light revealed his precious 'Shixun' was infact the boy he had hated all along. "This... is a joke right?" he didn't want to believe any of it. He got up onto his feet, wobbly, but he stepped away. "This isn't true, is it?"

Sehun nodded, still looking to the ground. "It's true."

Luhan didn't know how he felt. Betrayed? Angry? Disgusted? Those three words covered it nicely. He couldn't even look at the other, it was so... wrong. 

Silence fell between them and it felt like it went on for hours. Nothing was being said, nothing was being resolved. They both just stayed in position, thinking deeply about what move to take next. Sehun took the first step. He stood up and took in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done. Everything I've said. I hate myself. I hate every part of me for it! I just want to be liked by you! I like you a lot, look at you. You're like an angel, do you see that? I'm pathetic and jealous. I need you in my life Luhan and I know I am the last person you want to be hearing this from but it's true! Shixun is me! What I have text you is how I really feel, it's the real me and I can't explain it anymore than this!" he was sobbing now, trying to get through to the confused boy infront of him. 

Luhan only looked stunned. He knew this was Sehun's true feelings. Anyone would know if they saw him in this state but he couldn't just forget about years of pain after one truthful confession "I... think you should leave." 

Sehun stared for a moment before obeying the others' wishes. He grabbed his bag and opened the front door. "I'm sorry." he said sorrowfully before closing the door behind him.

 

Neither Luhan or Sehun attended school the next day. Luhan was cooped up in his room, thinking deeply about what to say to Sehun. He felt lonely without 'Shixun' but what could he do? In his mind it was like they was still two different people. It felt like he was mourning Shixun's death. It hurt really badly. 

buzz buzz

'I'm sorry.'

Luhan couldn't reply. He should probably change that name, too.

'I'm sorry.'
'I'm sorry.'
'I'm sorry.'
'I'm sorry.'
'I'm sorry.'
'I'm sorry.'

Text after text came through and it felt like a knife each time the phone buzzed. 

I can't...


A/N: Woahhh... I did not expect it to be this long! Thank you for reading this! It's supposed to be a one shot but I'm tempted to make maybe one more chapter! I've never written anything to do with bullying before and it was just... hard to see Luhan like this. x'D

Anyways, Exo-L just launched! It's really cool, huh? I have all of my login stuff and answered the quiz! I hope you all get through soon, too! I know there is a lot of problems right now. v__v
Keep your chins up, ;P (Story reference haha!) EXO-L FIGHTING!