MON / 10:00-11:00

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[AFTER] PHILOSOPHY 101 (10:00-11:00)

 

“There’s a special place in hell for people who take the last Oreos off their friend’s secret stash without permission.”

It is after class on a Monday and to no surprise, he finds Jinri disappointed standing in the middle of her dorm room floor. Sehun rolls his eyes the moment she cusses, tossing his backpack unto the top bunk and climbing up. His female friend starts ranting about how it took her forever—standing at the grocery line—to get those cookies and how she had already bought Sehun extra the last time he stayed at the girls’ dorm so really shouldn’t you bring me Oreos too, you freeloader?

He lets her mumble to herself for the next ten minutes because sometimes the female species need to vent. Even if the reason was as petty as running out of their favorite go-to snack.

“Are you done, Ssul?”

Jinri dives onto her bed below, feeling the exhaustion of the day. “I’m not okay.”

Before pulling out his Philosophy notes from his backpack, Sehun (being Oh Sehun the smooth talker) looks down at her from his space on the top bunk—his blonde hair practically glowing as he hovers just under the fluorescent light. “I know exactly what’s gonna make you feel better.”

She blows the short fringes of red hair off her face; quietly indifferent to whatever it was Sehun was mumbling about. She guesses in a deadpan tone. “That you suddenly have constipation for your gluttony?”

Sehun shakes his head and grins. “Nope. How about a date with Anthro Eye-Candy Lee Taemin?”

Blushing instantly at the very idea, Jinri kicks her socked foot upward—missing Sehun’s face with only a couple of centimeters away while her best friend laughs his head off at the attempted attack and yelling, “Get that thing away from me! The smell of your foot can kill a whole army!”

“You are the worst!” cries Jinri, getting out and off her bed to hit Sehun’s shins mercilessly with a rolled up sheaf of paper. (It didn’t have much of an effect but the Sehun is used to it by now. Thirteen years of leg-whacking has given him iron shins.)

“I can’t believe he still hasn’t asked you out! Did he learn nothing from me in high school? Has be only been growing his invisible beard without us knowing? And what was that you told me the other day when he walked you from Anthropology? He’s so manly, he carried my books for me, oh my god! Pfft, Jinri, you’re such a girl.”

The door swings open just before Jinri was just about to respond, revealing her roommate and friend, Soojung behind it—her headphones on and looking nonchalant as she took in Sehun’s position on her bed and Jinri’s indignant expression before dumping her things into a pile on the floor.

All too quickly Sehun’s laughter fades, practically jumping off the bed and clearing his throat while Jinri opens her arms in exasperation.

“Do you ever knock? Do you not see the door?”

“Nope, can’t hear you,” Soojung half-shouts, pointing to the device attached to her ears. She rummages through Jinr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter