(( INTERIM ))

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojung spots him as she’s on her way to the library. She’s still about 30 seconds away but even so, she can recognize that broad back of his from anywhere. She’s zoning out on his back silhouette when suddenly he turns around, also seeing her.

“Hey,” Jongin mouths from afar, eyes crinkling as he smiles. Her gaze meets his and he raises his eyebrows.

Her pace quickens to a light jog until she’s right in front of him. “Why so smug,” she asks, breathless.

“Nothing,” he chuckles, looking down at her. He’s almost blinded by her bright red hair glistening in the sunlight. “Gosh, Soojung, I still can’t get used to your hair.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she narrows her eyes.

“I don’t know,” he shrugs. “Just never thought that the 6-year-old Soojung I met in Hawaii years ago would end up like this.” He has a teasing smile on his face.

“Okay, first of all,” she almost shouts. “You are so judgmental. You didn’t even know me until uni. Ugh,” she grumbles, a bit miffed.

That smile still doesn’t disappear from his face and she thinks she’s absolutely done with Kim Jongin. “Whatever,” she mutters underneath her breath. “You’re annoying.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter