AFTER CLASS

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So today was interesting for Intro to Anthropology, huh?”

She knew she could do better than that but at the moment she was still a little lost for words. It might actually take her awhile before her neurons kicked back in.

Across the linoleum table Taemin shoots her a smile, his hands wrapped around his cup of coffee in a way that reminded her of a mama bear protecting her young. The imagery made her giggle and when he catches her eye with that sparkling gaze of his, she just knows that she is done for.

“We’re not at all good at this,” Jinri tells him, smile soft and accommodating. “I mean, all of the staring and subtext from earlier was…”

“Pretty crucial, if you ask me.” Taemin says, smiling wider in return. Lifting one hand off from his cup and palm up, he edges it closer to hers and waits…

…not for very long as Jinri moves her warm hand onto his, palm to palm, and squeezes.

“So… Soojung, Sehun and Jongin are going to watch Godzilla tonight. Jongin managed to wear Soojung down and she says it’s mandatory that I be there. Wanna go watch with them? I’ll buy you popcorn.”

“Nah,” Taemin shakes his head, watching as their fingers lace and lock together. He looks up then just as she does and grins, “H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter