(EXTRA)

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Up For Discussion

- a study of love extra by product -

 

He’s not awake, not really.

Jinri is though, he doesn’t know how but she is – doing that annoying thing with her pen, whipping it back and forth and occasionally clicking it whenever he lets out a groan. Jongin is too busy blinking excessively so the lights hanging over their head would stop giving the same effect as needles in his eyes.

“You look…” She pauses as if to contemplate a better way of pissing him off, “Alive today.”

Jongin wants to jam his ruler into her artery like how the Professer Choi is jamming it into the dead’s but decides that Taemin wouldn’t be very happy with him. “Ha ha, very funny – me, alive and a dead guy cut open on top of a table. Great ing joke.”

He thinks she’s got a eating grin on her face and does himself a favor by not checking if his worst suspicion is true. When he does look over though, there’s a sparkle in her eyes as she leans over to get a good look at what’s happening

“You’re way too enthusiastic for this class.” Jongin comments, “I always knew you were psychotic.”

“How?!”

“There’s no need to yell in my ears,” he hisses, looking around the room warily and thank god that they’re sitting in the back row, “What the hell, you’re usually the quiet one.”

“Okay then, geez,” she says in agitation, gaze firmly glued on flesh and blood, “How?”

The woman assisting gives him a look. Jongin bet it’s a scary frown behind that surgical mask. He puts enough energy into the smile to get her to go back to minding her own business and pretends to scribble down some boring crap he didn’t pay attention to.

“If being overly excited over a sliced open body is not enough to prove that you’re abso-ing-crazy then,” he stops talking for a second to let the throbbing in his skull does its thing, “Looking all sunshine and lollipops after a roughcore night of partying that just finished less than four hours ago should.”

She rolls her eyes and pulls the textbook out of her bag, dropping it down on his hand – on purpose, he knows, he’s hung over, not stupid. Jongin winces, containing his yelp and transform it into a growl instead.

“What?” Jinri plays innocent and crosses her ankle, the prim and proper Mary Janes knotting under the desk, “I’m just trying to wake you up.”

“ you”

She kicks his shin with the heel.

“”

A stamp to his left foot.

“”

A stamp to his right foot.

“What the f –“

“What’s got you so grumpy anyway?” Jinri whispers, cutting him off before he could finish cursing her.

Great, she’s not only a freak but a blind one too. “I ran over a puppy. What do you think?”

The professor starts pointing out all the different veins that he knows will escape him in the next minutes but he sketches and labels it properly anyway. Soojung will nag him if she finds out he didn’t do in class and about it when testing period comes –

“I’ve seen you hung over before,” She states the obvious, her lips as she draws some precise lines, “You’re still ing horrible to be around but not like this.”

He takes a proper look at her for the first time since the lecture started, says, “What’s ‘like this’?”

“Don’t worry, you’re still the same douche bag with anger issues,” Jinri explains and shoots him a sarcastic smile, “But today, instead of making little kids cry, you’re just raging in general – over really, really little things.”

“Wh –“

“I shouldn’t even bother with you,” she tells him and nods to herself in silent agreement to her own statement, “But oh well, take it as a friendly gesture of a kind soul.”

Her? A kind soul?! Yeah, right!

“Oh ok, Dr. Choi, if you know so well then why don’t you dissect my whole ing thought process and tell me why I’m in such a mood?” He challenges, turning to a new page even if he’s already lost track of the last two.

Jinri hums and scrunches her eyes close, waving her hands around like a weirdo then opens them abruptly, her stare intense like it’s penetrating through his soul but no, it’s useless – just like the her existence. Then she begins to drone on about whatever bull she’s got in mind, “Yes, yes, I see it now – my son, a lost soul possessed by such – oh! I detect a strong sense of petty jealousy over a girl…hmm, yes, a girl with long silky hair and a boy, her friend – your friend too, I see…blonde hai –“

“I am not jealous!”

The outburst attracts more attention he ever did with the ladies at last night’s club. Jinri looks back between him and the pointed looks shot at him from the other students seated a few rows in front of them then proceeds to tug at his sleeve, too shock to spit out some witty comment to get them to all off.

“Who’s the loud one now?”

He goes back to his notes. “Shut the up”

“Whatever,” she clicks her tongue and flicks some eraser dust at him – very mature. “You and I both know the truth and the truth is you are jealous of Sehun.“

All of the sudden, this lecture seems a hundred time more interesting than before. The human bodies are less grotesque, more delicate and beautiful and all those sentimental crap he conjured up in his mind when he decided to sign up for this class.

“Oh come on, dude, it got on your nerve when she wanted to go for a walk and didn’t invite you along last night,” she teases, probably giggling evilly in her mind as they speak, “And when they came back; holed up in their little corner, sharing a can of beer and whispering like ninth graders all night long – it got you so annoyed that you yelled at that first year girl when she tried to chat you up.”

Jongin remembers briefly of the girl she’s speaking of; pretty, yes, annoying, yes.

“Drop it”

She pouts and shifts further right in her seat to get a better view of the projector screen. “I was on my way to get breakfast this morning and those two were having coffee right outside this nice, little cozy café –“

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter