TUES / 13:00-14:30

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘For love to remain unspoken is the quickest route to a heavy heart.’

I read this once in one of those girly books Soojung likes to read in between exams.
She likes to cram her things into everyone’s piles: mine, Jinri’s, Jongin’s and Sehun’s.
It’s infuriating but she is our friend and we love her for it, or despite it.
(I really could never be sure.)

But anyway, the point I’m trying to make is I don’t necessarily agree with the quote a hundred percent.
I think that love isn’t shown through just words but by actions as well.
Being able to sing or write or say ‘I love you’ shouldn’t be the only way we believe that it’s there.
Sometimes love is there in the background, waiting for the right time.
Sometimes it’s in a simple concession to a bet, or a special delivery of sushi after class.
Sometimes it’s there during the quiet time you walk the person you love to her next class.
Each movement needs rhythm—a counter action.
Words don’t mean as much as when you do something about it.

God, I’m a hypocrite, but that’s how it is.

All I’m saying is, the love is there.
Not necessarily doves or ringing church bells, but subtle.
Just waiting for that right time.

L.T.

 

 

ENGLISH LITERATURE 101 (13:00-14:30)

 

Taemin groans in frustration and defeat as he leans back to his chair, flipping his book away when the door clicks shut. Professor Jeon is making a quick run to her office for something he left behind, so they are left to their own devices. The other students are already chirping away, so he glances at his friends to vent out his rant.

“I don’t understand a single crap she was talking about,” he mumbles, scratching his head with the end of his pen.

“That’s because everything she said was crap,” Jongin concludes. He has the same confused look as Taemin on his face, but unlike the older boy, he seems like he can’t care less.

“Why are you even taking English Lit? It’s not even required for your course.”

Not lifting his gaze away from whatever he’s doodling on Emily Dickinson’s face, he shrugs. “I made Soojung arrange my classes this semester because she lost a bet, and she thought enrolling me in this class was a genius idea to get back at me.” Sehun snorts curtly in amusement next to him, but Jongin chooses to ignore the blonde. He then finally looks up to address Taemin. “Why are you in this class? I thought English is your arch nemesis.”

“He thinks it’s a wonderful strategy to impress poetry lover Choi Jinri aka the love of Lee Taemin’s life,” Sehun answers the question for him. He attempts to keep a straight face but when both Taemin’s cheeks and ears changes from the normal colour to crimson red before his expression eventually darkens as he shots the younger boy a glare, but Sehun’s efforts turn out useless because Jongin and him both break out into a fit of laughter, causing the other students in the class to stare at them.

“Ah,” Jongin nods understandably when their giggles die down, and gives his friend a supportive pat on his shoulder. “That’s very, um, attentive of you.”

“Shut up.” Taemin rolls his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter