WED / 8:00-11:00

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ADVANCED TRIGONOMETRY (8:00-11:00)

 

Every Wednesday, Sehun makes the long trek to her dorm building, mentally preparing himself for the (beautiful) disaster that is Jung Soojung. He remembers when he first knew of her, when she would visit Taemin’s dorm room down the hall, with a giggly Jinri in tow. Sehun would peer in their direction in curiosity, only an acquaintance with her at best.

He had officially met her freshman year during the spring semester in advanced trigonometry, where they had been study partners (or rather, where Sehun had tried to get Soojung to actually focus in math class instead of having her nose buried in a novel). She is interesting—Soojung, complete with her wardrobe of plaid shirts and skinny jeans—and so he counts it as a blessing from above that they end up in the same calculus class this year (he may or may not have purposely matched his math class with hers, but she doesn’t know and he doesn’t plan to change that).

Taking a deep breath, Sehun knocks on her door.

“What?!” he hears her yell from inside.

“Sheesh. Calm down, Krys,” he rolls his eyes, brushing the hair out of his eyes in exasperation. “It’s not my fault that I’m on time and you aren’t.”

“In my defense,” she shouts from her room—and Sehun wonders if she is ever not stressed in the mornings— “Jinri was talking to me all last night about her feelings and she never shuts up and so now I’m too exhausted for my good!”

“Those dark circles, man. Must be so attractive,” he replies, a tinge of a smirk upon his lips.

The door swings open, revealing a disheveled Soojung. She’s wearing a tanktop and skinny jeans today, and her hair is pulled into a messy braid. He raises one eyebrow, eyes scanning up and down her figure.

“Ow,” he yelps when she smacks him on the shoulder. “What was that for?”

“For being an impatient, inconsiderate, erted jerk, that’s what,” she shoots daggers at him through her eyes and he shrinks away for a split second.

“Ugh,” he mutters underneath his breath, brushing past her to walk into her dorm room.

Her hands are on her hips. “What do you think you’re doing?”

He doesn’t say anything and snatches a jacket from her coat hanger, hoisting her backpack on his other shoulder. “Did you eat yet?”

And when she doesn’t respond, he s his own bag and tosses her a bagel. “I have sushi, too, but we can save that til after class,” he says while draping the jacket over her.

Soojung scoffs at him for being always so over-prepared but after he turns away to close the door, she smiles to herself because she doesn’t know what she would do without him. “Let’s go, then,” she says.

Calculus isn’t really her thing. Thankfully, Sehun is relatively decent at it and actually likes integrating and deriving equations that she will never care about in real life.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter