MON / 8:30-10:00

The Study of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INTRO TO ANTHROPOLOGY (8:30-10:00)

 

Jinri is up a good two hours before her first class. The sun is barely up when she leaves her dorm, her red hair a surprising pop of color in the otherwise bleary too-early morning light. There are only a few students milling the quad; most of them were Med students who have been up all night interning at the University’s hospital a few buildings down from where she was headed for breakfast.

She pulls down at the skirt she is wearing, inwardly cursing at herself for forgetting to do the laundry the week before and having to borrow her roommate’s clothes because it was too early to go to the Laundromat now and she always (always) needed to have a big breakfast first thing before heading off to her classes. She wonders how Soojung managed to walk around wearing her skirts but decided to not to bother to find a reason. It didn’t matter if she was comfortable or not. What mattered was that she got out of the dorm dressed and arrived to class early.

That and she really needed the comfort of a breakfast burrito on a Monday. Because Mondays always and processed cheese and meat is a must for tastic days.

Monday don’t always completely though, Jinri muses as she takes a big bite out of her breakfast. Chewing absentmindedly, she let her lips curl into a little smile as she thought of her first class and who she was bound to see there. Though she would rather die than to admit it, there were good things about Mondays that she liked best—like the breakfast burrito being half-off only during that particular day and the fact that in an hour and three minutes, she’d be seated in her Intro to Anthropology class… discreetly watching the door for the cute rumple of a boy she’d been eyeing since the semester began.

It helped a lot that Anthro Eye-Candy was her roommate’s childhood friend so she got to see him often but it was even better knowing they had a class together without other acquaintances in the way.

Her lips widened into a full-fledged grin at the thought of Lee Taemin. His good looks, quirking smile and his whole general presence made everything about the course easier. No matter how sleep-deprived he looked, her crush always seemed to manage to look more adorable than ever! And that was saying a lot since she is about ninety percent sure their professor was Lucifer himself as everyone of her class, including herself, was beginning to look like the living dead.

Glancing at her watch, she yelps at the time and jumps out of the stool. Power-walking towards her building, Jinri tries hard to school her features into a nonchalant expression—just in case Anthro Eye-Candy was actually early to class.

(Which he wasn’t, per usual. But that is not the point. The point is he’s cute and sweet and he carried my books once and gosh, he was so nice—making small talk and walking me to my next class that one time—)

I’m a lady after all, she tells herself, making a bee-line towards the seat next to the aisle seat on the third row. I don’t want to seem too eager. Even though technically he doesn’t know I like him at all.

A quick look at the clock told her that there was five minutes to go before Professor Park showed up and locked the door so Jinri silently sent a prayer to God that her crush wouldn’t be late.

» » » » »

Taemin wakes up on a pool of his own drool, clutching a two-inch long pencil in his right hand with his lower back aching for having slept sitting and over his desk. He blinks at his vibrating phone ringing in front of him, the words GET THE UP blaring bright on the screen as it continues to wail in his other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter