Student Council

I'm Here To Love You

               

                “Zelo…? Zelo-yah, wake up…” Daehyun shook the tall body sleeping on the other bed.

                Zelo groaned as he stretched his body followed by a yawn. Daehyun just waited patiently beside the bed until the other finally opened his eyes.

                A frown etched on Zelo’s face when he saw Daehyun was already dressed in the school uniform. His eyes suddenly bulged out. “What time is it?!” He jerked up, frantically searching for his phone to look at the time.

                “Hey, relax!” Daehyun exclaimed. “Class starts in 45 minutes!”

                Zelo stopped panicking to glare at Daehyun. “Really?” He asked in monotone and Daehyun nodded. “Then why are you completely dressed so early?”

                “I’m going to have some breakfast first. You coming with me?” Daehyun asked. His eyes trailed every Zelo’s moves from getting off the bed to grabbing his towel.

                “Nah. I’ll just go straight to the class,” Zelo retorted without looking at him.

                “But you can’t skip breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the da-”

                Zelo ignored the elder and just shut the door of the bathroom.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                The classroom wasn’t hard to find. Zelo just followed the direction where other students went and found his class at the highest floor of a three-story building. He kind of stood out from the rest with his tall height although it’s a boy school. Looking for a seat at the back, he chose to sit beside a guy who had an I-don’t-give-a- face.

                He threw his bag on the table before burying his face into it. He’s not sleeping. He was just thinking on how to continue his life here.

                “Sup?”

                Well, he was wrong. This guy totally gave a . Zelo sat up straight on his chair and turned to his seatmate. It wouldn’t hurt to be nice once, right?

                “Hey,” He said with a bright smile.

                “I’m Jongup,” The guy introduced himself with a brighter smile, Zelo could swear he saw the other glowing with it.

                “Nice to meet you. I’m Zelo,” He returned and the smile faded away.

                “Wait. Are you… Daehyun hyung’s roommate?” Jongup asked, trying to look surprise with his small eyes.

                “I don’t know why you seem so shock but unfortunately yes.”

                “Oh…okay…” Jongup awkwardly looked away.

                Zelo narrowed his eyes at him. “He told you something, didn’t he?”

                “Well, not really,” Jongup scratched his head. “It’s just that…you don’t seem like a spoilt rich brat to me,” He shrugged.

                Zelo scoffed at that statement. He should’ve known that the blabbermouth would tell other people about that.

                “You don’t have to take it to heart. Daehyun hyung’s always like that. He likes to talk and sometimes he doesn’t think before letting the words out,” Jongup tried to console him.

                “How are you friend with him anyway?” Zelo asked although he was not that interested.

                “He’s a friend of my boyfriend, a third year student.”

                “Don’t tell me you’re here because of your boyfriend…”

                “Actually, yes, I am,” The same bright smile carved on Jongup’s face again, making him looked like an extremely happy puppy.

                Zelo rolled his eyes. He was so done with all this love . He was forced to go here and there’s Jongup who chose this school because he’s lovesick. He didn’t understand it. How could one easily fell in love with another while he had never been in love before? He shook his head before dropping it on top of the table again.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                The large hall was crowded with the new students since it was the club registration day. Zelo had wandered around for a while but he was not interested in any of them. That was until he saw familiar faces sitting at a booth. It belonged to the student council.

                “What’re you doing here?” Daehyun asked with a confused face when he saw his roommate approached their booth.

                “Hey, Jongup,” Zelo greeted the boy seated next to Daehyun without giving any attention to the question. Jongup nodded at him, feeling more awkward with them together.

                “You two already knew each other?” Daehyun looked at both of them alternately.

                “He’s my classmate,” Jongup gave a sheepish smile.

                “So, what’s this club all about?” Zelo asked bluntly with hands in his pockets.

                “Do I really have to tell you?” Daehyun was left alone to serve the younger as Jongup had other students to talk to.

                Pulling out a chair, Zelo took a seat in front of the other. “Why? I can’t be here? I can’t join the club? I thought it was open for everybody,” He frowned.

                “No…” Daehyun played with his pen, dragging his speech. “But you know… You don’t look like the type of person to join this club…”

                “What type of person should join this club? You have the criteria for a member?”

                “Well…”

                Before Daehyun could think of a reply, another student came from the hallway, calling his name. He averted his eyes to that person and his face immediately changed brighter. “Oh, Yongguk hyung. Do you need anything?”

                Zelo could hear Daehyun’s voice totally became softer, his face had slightly turned pink and his eyes were twinkling as he looked at the other guy. Zelo eyed him too. The guy was quite tall and manly. He supposed that he was a senior since Daehyun was calling him hyung. After they’re done talking, Yongguk returned to his initial place but Daehyun’s eyes were still lingering on him.

                “Your boyfriend?” Zelo asked, referring to Yongguk.

                Daehyun raised his brows. “Who? Yongguk hyung? Pfft no of course not,” He laughed but it didn’t sound natural.

                Zelo smirked. “You like him, don’t you?”

                “What? What’re you talking about? I like who? Yongguk hyung? No way. I don’t like him. Why would I like him?” Daehyun was trying to deny the other, shaking his head vigorously with an awkward laugh.

                This is interesting, Zelo thought. He clapped his hands once before leaning back onto his chair. “Forget about the criteria. I’m joining this club!”

                Daehyun gasped. “What?! But why??”

                “’Cause I wanted to. Now close your mouth and write down my name.”

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                The first meeting of the student council went smoothly. Zelo didn’t really pay attention but he did acknowledge about the administration. Bang Yongguk, the president; Kim Himchan, the vice president; Yoo Youngjae; the secretary; and Jung Daehyun, the reporter. Moon Jongup was the representative for the first year students while the other two students were representatives for their own respective grades.

                When all the members were getting out of the room after they had finished, Zelo’s eyes caught his roommate who was busy arranging papers on the table. He casually went to him with no intention of helping.

                “That’s it?” He asked. “Can I go back now?”

                “Yup,” Daehyun nodded without lifting his head.

                Zelo pursed his lips as he was thinking on something. “Do you have anything to do after this?”

                “Umm… Homework, I guess?” Daehyun shrugged his shoulders before standing up, some files were held close to his chest. “Why?”

                “I’m thinking of…you,” Zelo pointed to Daehyun’s face. “To take me,” He pointed to himself. “On a tour in this school.”

                “What?! Why me??” Daehyun’s brows knitted together and his was lips almost pouting.

                “Because I said so. C’mon!” Zelo pulled the shorter boy’s wrist, making him stumble a little while struggling to keep his files from falling to the ground.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                They had travelled around the school, block to block and room to room. Daehyun was doing a very nice job as a tour guide to the new kid. Zelo on the other hand was more interested to wonder about the amount of words Daehyun could utter per minute compared to his surroundings.

                “…and this is the infirmary,” Daehyun gestured to the doors that lead to the room. “So that’s it! We’ve finished the tour!” He grinned and began to walk away from there.

                “Wait!” Zelo shouted. “You didn’t tell me where’s the toilet yet.”

                Daehyun’s eyes widened. “Really? You think I have time for that? Nu-uh,” He shook his head before going to the stairs.

                “But that’s the most important thing!” Zelo added with a playful smirk.

                Daehyun wanted to turn around and protested but luck was not on his side today when he missed a step and lost his balance. “Arghhh!!!”

                “Yah!!” Zelo dashed to him in an amazing speed and caught his body just in time before it hit the hard concrete. The taller boy pulled him up, making them to face each other. Daehyun blinked his eyes rapidly while his breaths were fast and uneven. His hands were holding tightly to Zelo’s shirt for his dear life.

                “Hey! Calm down!” Zelo shook the small body by the arms. Daehyun nodded as he pulled a deep breath before letting it out and doing it over and over again until he finally could breathe normally.

                “Thanks…” Daehyun muttered, looking up to the younger through his glasses.

                That doe eyes somehow had stirred something inside Zelo. With them being close like this, he had found that Daehyun was quite attractive. His lips were plump and pink and his cheeks looked so soft. “Y-You’d need to use your eyes better than your mouth next time,” He remarked, trying to sound cool as he shook the inappropriate thoughts off.

                “Ehem…” The deep voice made both of them to turn their heads to the side. It was Yongguk.

                “Yongguk hyung…” Daehyun said with a smile but that guy just awkwardly scratched his head while looking at everywhere except them. He realized what it meant as he turned back to Zelo. They were standing so close and still holding to each other. He quickly shoved away the other, making Zelo to release him. That push didn’t have much effect on the younger though since he’s bigger than Daehyun.

                “I’ve looking for you everywhere. Why didn’t you inform me when you’re leaving?” Yongguk complained.

                “I’m sorry. I…forgot…” Daehyun smiled sheepishly.

                Zelo side eyed him. Why should he lie about it? Why didn’t he tell that I’m the one who force him to follow me?

                “Who’s this?” Yongguk took a look at another guy standing beside Daehyun, the guy that looked so close with him when he saw them just now.

                “Oh, I forgot to introduce you guys,” Daehyun pulled Zelo’s arm to go closer to the elder. “Zelo, this is Bang Yongguk hyung, a third year, and hyung, this is Zelo, a first year and also my roommate. He has joined the student council too.”

                Zelo could feel Yongguk was shooting daggers at him. The older man was glaring like he had stolen something precious from him. So when Daehyun was pushing his back, wanting him to bow at the other, he insisted.

                “What’re you doing? Bow down to him!” Daehyun whispered angrily. Zelo kept ignoring him until his head was smacked hardly, causing him to flinch away. Daehyun took the chance to push his head down but not after seconds, Zelo scrambled to stand straight again.

                “I’m sorry. This boy’s lacking manners…” Daehyun apologized to Yongguk.

                “It’s okay. Nice to meet you, kid,” Yongguk said to the new student with a straight face before looking back at Daehyun. “Let’s go have our dinner. The other will be at the café in any minute and…” He glanced at Zelo one more time. “…you can bring your roommate along…”

                “Alright, hyung. I’ll see you there,” Daehyun waved at the elder to send him away before turning to Zelo with a scowl on his face.

                “What? He totally didn’t like me!” Zelo flailed his hands in frustration.

                “That’s nonsense. Yongguk hyung is a really nice person.”

                Zelo scoffed. “Yeah, right. He called me kid!”

                “You are a kid. Now let’s go. I don’t want the others to wait for us,” This time, Daehyun was the one to pull Zelo’s wrist but he’s using more force since the taller boy was reluctant.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                Zelo tailed behind Daehyun, bringing his own tray of food. The table was occupied with the members with the highest positions from the student council. No wonder Jongup was easily selected as a representative. He’s hanging out with them.

                As Zelo was about to take a seat next to Daehyun, Yongguk suddenly stood up and claimed that spot. Zelo arched an eyebrow at him while Daehyun was looking at the elder weirdly because he was not usually like this.

                Sighing in annoyance, Zelo moved to sit at Yongguk’s previous place which was beside Youngjae. Daehyun wasted no time introducing Zelo to Youngjae and Himchan when they were giving a judging look to the newcomer. Zelo unwillingly bowed to them after receiving a hard kick on his leg from Daehyun.

                “So you’re Daehyun’s new roommate?” Himchan asked and Zelo nodded. “May god bless you.”

                All of them laughed at that but not Daehyun who was pouting with crossed arm. “What’s wrong with being my roommate?” He whined.

                “Nothing’s wrong but I’ve had enough rooming with you for a year. Being your roommate is like living with my mom in a room!” Youngjae snickered.

                Zelo almost laughed out loud too because it was undeniably true. Just by looking at them picking on Daehyun, he knew they must have been good friends for a long time.

                “Enough of teasing him guys. He might cry if we didn’t stop it,” Yongguk uttered as he ruffled Daehyun’s hair.

                Daehyun was still pouting but his face turned redder. Zelo knew he was blushing because of Yongguk. He wondered why Daehyun didn’t just confess to him if he liked him that much. He shook his head, totally not understanding how this love thing works.

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 


chapter 2 is up for characters development!

I'm sorry if it's not good enough or if there's any mistake coz I'm literally babysitting right now and these kids are so attracted to my laptop T_T

I'll make it up to you in the next chap!

Thank you to the subcribers, commentors and readers! Love you guys!! ♥♥♥