Sports Festival

I'm Here To Love You

 

It’s the sports festival day. Both Daehyun and Zelo woke up extra early to make the last preparations with the other members and ensured that everything was settled down. None of them were conscious about it but they stayed by each other’s side all the time, looking like a bee hovering around a flower. That’s until they had to part to their respective sports arena after the opening ceremony.

Fortunately, the tennis court was not that far from the skateboarding area which had a huge rented half-pipe. Daehyun could see his roommate was testing the microphone to begin the event and he suddenly remembered that he had to do the same thing.

He made sure all the players and judges were present before greeting the students who came as audiences and supporters. He explained all the categories that would be held and the number of contestants in each of them. After introducing the judges and the players for the first match, he retreated to the furthest back of the court. The scorekeeper and the timekeeper would take over to handle the game now and he could continue to secretly watch Zelo from there.

Since all committee members were wearing the same black tracksuit, it’s easier for Daehyun to recognized Zelo among the growing number of people, moreover with the younger’s outstanding height. He knew he didn’t have a solid reason to observe Zelo like this but he just couldn’t take his eyes off the boy. The way Zelo rolled up his sleeves and pulled the bottom of his pants up to his knees had left him wondering; why was Zelo the only one who could look that hot in a tracksuit?

The observed boy on the other hand was enjoying himself while carrying out the tasks. He was keenly watching the performances of the participants like he’s one of the judges. Sometimes, he would even talk to the skateboarders, maybe about sharing the same hobby.

Daehyun could see how happy Zelo was to be able to watch the other skateboarders showing their skills on the ramp. He wondered how much happier Zelo could be if he was able to join them. He’s pretty sure Zelo could do far better than the others. Maybe he really shouldn’t suggest Zelo to be a committee member in the first place. However, based on his performance right now, Daehyun would gladly say that his roommate was really hardworking and capable in doing his job.

His eyes followed the tall figure as it moved to the beverage table. Zelo opened a bottle cap before drinking it while wiping the beads of sweat on his forehead using his arm. Daehyun was almost gawking at the iness radiating from the pale skinned boy. He thought he was hallucinating when Zelo had his eyes fixed on him. The younger waved his hand, smiling too brightly in his point of view and he just had to look around to make sure he’s the person Zelo was waving at.

When Daehyun turned back, he saw Zelo was nodding while pointing at him. Blood rushed to his cheeks and he was grateful they were far enough from each other for Zelo to notice it. But speaking of that, how could Zelo recognized him from there? Not like he wanted to admit it but he’s indeed pretty small for a high school student and he was sitting in the corner of a tennis court.

Nonetheless, Daehyun still returned the wave with the same smile. Looking satisfied with it, Zelo went back to do his work. After quite a while of thinking, Daehyun came out with a reason that it’s the tracksuit he’s wearing. Since all the committees were wearing the same thing, Zelo must’ve casually greeted whoever clad in the tracksuit. Daehyun nodded.

But then Zelo was not that friendly with other people. Daehyun rubbed his chin. Or maybe it’s because of his glasses? He fixed the said thing resting on the bridge of his nose. Or maybe it’s because of his hair? He ruffled his head, falling deeper and deeper into his thoughts, until loud cheering noise jolted him up. The first tennis match had already finished. With a heavy sigh, he got up from his spot to announce the next category.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

The festival ended early in the evening. The champions claimed their awards during the closing ceremony. All students quickly scattered around the school areas right after that. Some of them straightaway returned to their respective dorms, some of them were just hanging out and the others kindly helped the committee members to clear up.

As soon as Daehyun was sure the tennis court was in its best shape, he quickly went to find his roommate. Zelo was talking to another boy at the track field where the closing ceremony was held just now, probably the winner of the skateboard contest based on the board and the trophy he was holding.

Daehyun approached Zelo from behind but still kept a distance between them. He waited for them to finish talking. Luckily it only took a short two minutes. Zelo turned around and immediately broke into a wide smile as he faced his roommate.

“Oh, hey! How long you’ve been here?”

“Not long ago,” Daehyun retorted, folding his arms across his chest. “You’ve done a great job,” He playfully nudged the taller boy’s side with his elbow.

Zelo shrugged, shoving his fists into the pockets of his jacket. “Thanks. You’ve done it much better than me though.”

“But this is the first time you’re handling something and you’re very good at that. When I was at your place last year, I was so awkward that everything started to get out of hand. I received a lifelong lecture from the former president after that,” Daehyun laughed at his past misfortune.

“I guess you won’t be getting any this time,” Zelo chuckled.

“Nice work. Congrats,” Yongguk spoke up out of nowhere. He came to stand next to Daehyun, gazing at the junior with a straight face like he didn’t really mean about what he just said.

Zelo almost rolled his eyes in annoyance. That guy always pretended to be nice to him whenever Daehyun was around. “Well, thank you.”

Just like that, Yongguk’s attention switched to Daehyun. “I see you have the hang of it now. You did great today!”

Daehyun’s lips were pulled into a huge grin. “Thanks, hyung.”

“Our trip tomorrow, you’re coming, right?” Yongguk asked.

Daehyun nodded. “I am. Are you?” That question however was not addressed to the president, maybe because everybody knew he’s going for sure.

Zelo raised his brow. “Huh? Me?” He pointed to himself.

“Yeah, of course it’s you. Who else’s here?” Daehyun giggled at the younger’s confused face.

“Well…” Zelo averted his view from the cute smiling Daehyun to the grumpy scowling Yongguk. The elder was sending a telepathic thought telling him not to interfere his fun time with Daehyun. “I don’t know. My parents said I need to go home this break, have to attend a family meeting or something…” He paused as he saw Yongguk’s face slowly turning back to normal but at the same time, Daehyun’s smile was fading.

“…But the trip’s only for three days right? So think I can go,” He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

“Alright!” Daehyun cheered happily while the quietly groaning one at the other side was Yongguk.

Upon seeing Yongguk’s murderous face, Zelo thought it’s better for him to flee from the scene. “Now excuse me. I have a little more thing to take care of.”

Daehyun didn’t have the time to hold Zelo back since the boy was running so fast like he needed to use the toilet right in the second or everything would burst out. So he just watched Zelo weirdly from there.

“You’re getting pretty close to him, huh?” Yongguk questioned, keeping his view to the green field.

Daehyun frowned before turning to his childhood friend. “He’s my roommate after all.”

“I wonder why did he join the student council. If he like skateboarding that much, he should go to that club,” The older of the two groused. “Don’t you think he joined our council on purpose?”

Daehyun didn’t have the slightest idea on what was the other talking about. “What do you mean?”

Yongguk turned to the reporter with a very irritated look on his face. “I know who he really is. Choi Junhong. The son of Choi Corp’s CEO.”

Daehyun just jutted out his bottom lip while shrugging his shoulders. “So? What’s the big deal?”

Yongguk heaved a deep sigh as he shook his head at Daehyun’s apathetic trait. “He lives by popularity. He joined the student council just to be famous. Everybody knows us so when he hangs out with us, everybody will know him too. Then they’ll know who he really is and he’ll be even more popular.”

Daehyun only accepted the long reasoning with a scoff. “That doesn’t make any sense. If he really wants to be a popular student in here, he should just tell everybody that he’s the heir of Choi Corp. There’s no need to involve the student council members,” He countered, glaring at Yongguk with furrowed eyebrows, causing the latter to avoid his eyes by looking at somewhere else.

“What is wrong with you?” Daehyun sounded like he’s trying to contain his anger. “Why do you seem to hold a never-ending grudge to him? I wonder what did he ever done to you. Everyone is fine with him except you. Himchan hyung, Youngjae, Jongup could treat him like a friend so why couldn’t you?”

Yongguk listened to all complains Daehyun got for him but unfortunately, he had nothing to say in return. So he just stood there while giving a cold back to the younger.

“Just, grow up, hyung,” Daehyun muttered before walking away from there. He didn’t mean to snap at Yongguk but he’s getting tired of this .

They were childhood friends. They were only separated for three years when Yongguk moved from Busan to Seoul. And along those three years, Daehyun thought that his feelings for Yongguk were slowly fading away. But when they met each other again in high school, his feelings just came right back up, even deeper than before if he had to admit since Yongguk got taller and looked so much hotter compared to three years ago.

However, after they’re back to being friends, Daehyun couldn’t help but notice the changes in Yongguk. The guy became friendlier with others. Yongguk introduced him to his new best friend named Himchan and many more students. Daehyun suddenly felt less special because of that since he’s the only friend Yongguk had when they were still kids. And when he introduced his roommate, Youngjae to Yongguk, the older boy was quick to show interest in him. Himchan once told him that both Youngjae and Yongguk were flirting with each other. But he of course didn’t believe it.

So with everything that happened lately, he could say that Yongguk was not the same childhood friend he once had before. The friend who would always put him above anything else, who would make sure he smiled in every single day. In fact, that one friend was actually his own roommate. Zelo was the one to comfort him when he found out about Yongguk and Youngjae. Zelo would always be near him and he realized that he would lighten up every time the boy was around.

Unconsciously, Daehyun was walking faster to his room at the thought of seeing his roommate. But when he arrived, Zelo wasn’t there. Maybe he’s still out there cleaning up the school areas. With a disappointed pout on his mouth, Daehyun dove onto his bed. He was getting bored without Zelo.

His head turned to the other bed. It was as messy as ever. His eyes then caught the sight of Zelo’s skateboard leaning against the wall. Zelo would usually bring it out to play everyday but sadly not today. What a pity it couldn’t be used in the contest. If only Zelo could show off his skills to the people, it must be really great.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

Zelo was taking a rest as he sat under a large tree at the school yard. It was where the skateboard contest was held. The ramp was still there, in front of him. Since it was rented for a day, it would only be returned tomorrow. The place was all cleaned up now with the help of several other students. He decided to stay there for a while more before going back, doing nothing but just watching everyone began to head to the cafeteria for dinner.

“Hey!”

The loud voice startled him. He turned to see Daehyun who was already flopped down next to him.

“I was looking for you everywhere! Why didn’t you answer your phone?”

Zelo immediately fished out his phone from his pocket. “Oh. I forgot to turn it on.”

“Well, whatever,” Daehyun said.

Before Zelo could ask why was Daehyun looking for him, his skateboard was shoved under his nose.

“Here,” Daehyun gave the skateboard to his owner after hiding it behind his back all this time. “Show me some moves.”

Zelo hesitantly took the board. Daehyun was smiling at him, nodding to the huge half-pipe in front of them. Zelo contemplated. But since he already had his skateboard and the ramp was still there, he decided that he would just go for it.

Standing up, Zelo took off his jacket and pulled up his pants which were already knee high a little more. He failed to notice how Daehyun’s eyes widened at the sight of him in a white tank top. After doing a few stretches, he carried his skateboard to the half-pipe ramp.

“Wooohhh!!! Go Zelo!” Daehyun cheered from below, cupping his mouth to make his voice louder.

Zelo began to roll down and up the ramp. He smoothly showed his tricks like he was a professional skateboarder. He felt so carefree and lighthearted while doing the thing he loved the most. His jaw started to hurt as he’s smiling too much. Moreover when he took a rest at the top, looking at the cheering Daehyun down there.

“Nice! You’re the best Zelo!!” Daehyun shouted after his roommate did another trick in the air. He thought that Zelo was literally flying.

Everything went slow motion when he watched Zelo riding his skateboard. Daehyun was sheepishly admiring the way Zelo’s body swayed on the board, the way Zelo’s muscles flexed doing the tricks. Beads of sweats were running down Zelo’s arms, chest and forehead. The way Zelo shook them off by flipping his hair was enough to make Daehyun’s heart jumped in his chest.

“How about that?” Zelo asked from on top of the ramp, probably done showing another skill.

Daehyun jerked back into reality. “Yeah! That’s awesome!!” He gave two thumbs up even though he didn’t really know what Zelo actually did.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 

“We should pack our stuffs for the trip tomorrow,” Daehyun said as soon as they’re back to their room.

“You mean right now? But I’m tired as hell,” Zelo retorted after dropping his body onto the bed.

“That’s why you should do it now so you can rest peacefully later,” Daehyun took out a duffle bag before starting to put his clothes and other needs into it.

“You can’t say that when you’re just watching me enthusiastically showing my skateboarding skills,” Zelo grumbled sarcastically.

“Oh come on. You know you’re younger than me,” Daehyun replied as he sat before his wardrobe.

“Just give me five minutes to catch my breath,” Zelo stated before closing his eyes.

Exactly five minutes after that, he was forced by his roommate to move his already. Zelo lazily went to his wardrobe, bringing along his backpack. He just randomly grabbed some shirts, pants and underwear and stuffed them into his bag.

“I’m done!” Daehyun exclaimed.

Zelo noted Daehyun’s zipped duffle bag. “Already?”

Daehyun answered with a chuckle. He went to lie on his bed before looking through his iPad. Seeing Daehyun lounging like that, Zelo began to feel lazy again.

“What you looking at?” Zelo asked since the elder was all smileys while staring at his iPad screen.

Daehyun sat up on his bed. “Pictures of today. The photographer posted them in our group.”

“Really? Let me take a look too,” Zelo got up from the floor and climbed the bed to sit beside Daehyun.

“Are you slacking off from packing up?”

“I’ll finish it later.”

Daehyun returned to the first picture for Zelo. The earlier photos were taken when they’re preparing for the sports festival in the morning.

“Everyone’s sweating a lot,” Daehyun commented.

“Yeah,” Zelo agreed. “Oh that’s me,” He pointed to the screen.

“That’s only your backside,” Daehyun snorted. He slid to the next picture. “That’s me!” He eagerly pointed.

“You’re making derp face,” Zelo laughed.

“I’m not.”

They went through more pictures and without realizing, they had gotten closer to each other. Zelo unconsciously moved to sit behind Daehyun to take a better look at those pictures. His long legs were circling Daehyun’s small body.

“Ouhhh so cool,” Daehyun remarked at the picture of Zelo handling the skateboard contest. They said guy only smiled at that.

After going through several more pictures, Daehyun’s pictures at the tennis court came next. “That tracksuit suddenly looks big on you,” Zelo spoke up, craning his neck forward for a closer look.

Only then Daehyun realized his back was pressed against Zelo’s body. He saw Zelo’s face from the corner of his eyes but he didn’t dare to turn. “A-Are you saying that I look fat?”

“No, not really. More like cute.”

Daehyun could feel his cheeks heating up. It didn’t help when Zelo started to rest his chin on his shoulder.

The next picture totally surprised them. It was just the two of them under the tree, after the festival had ended. Maybe it was zoomed in from a distance, capturing their smiling face while looking at each other.

“When did he take this?” Daehyun uttered in disbelief.

“I didn’t seem him there,” Zelo replied briefly.

“I know right. Sneaky.”

The next picture was of course Zelo skateboarding on the ramp. It was a clean shot with the clear evening sky as the background, making it looked so wonderful.

“Wow. Like a model. You look like a pro,” Daehyun voiced out his thought.

“Nah. I’m just coincidently in the right angle,” Zelo shook it off.

“Oh my god. What’s this?” Daehyun gasped at the following picture. He didn’t expect to be captured in a photo when he was just sitting under a tree, watching his roommate playing skateboard.

“Beautiful,” Zelo muttered as he admired the picture of smiling Daehyun. Though it was taken from the side, anybody could clearly see the brightness radiating from the boy.

“Yeah. Myungsoo’s really good at taking pictures,” Daehyun nodded.

“But I think it’s because of the subject himself is beautiful.”

That made Daehyun laughed. “You’re kidding me,” He unintentionally turned to the other. Their faces were so close that he could feel Zelo’s faint breaths on his nose.

The younger was already gazing at him with fond eyes. Daehyun’s limbs went stiff. He couldn’t bring himself to move away from the warm body. His mind was totally stuck from thinking what was actually happening between them. His already large eyes only widened more when Zelo suddenly brushed their lips together.

It took seconds until Zelo pulled apart. Daehyun was still in daze to think about anything. He couldn’t even blink his eyes.

Zelo looked troubled on the other hand. He slowly got off Daehyun’s bed. “I’m… I’m sorry. I’m going to take a bath,” He then rushed to the bathroom, leaving the dumbfounded Daehyun alone.

 

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 


 

So who else's overwhelmed with daelo feels these days cause I do! Oh my heart *clutches chest*

Zelo even ships himself with daehyun >w<

#DaeZel

Thank you upvoters, subscribers, readers and commenters!! Love ya!!!