Of Glasses and Skateboard

I'm Here To Love You

               “Oh my god! I’m late! I’m so late!” Daehyun was running back and forth in the room with only in tank top and boxers, searching for his pants and tie. He didn’t have time to prepare for today since he was so tired last night and it’s really late when he went back to the dorm with Zelo from the lake. So he forgot to set the alarm and overslept.

                “Chill, there’re 20 more minutes,” Zelo was still lying on the bed, playing with his phone as soon as he woke up just now.

                “I’m late!” Daehyun wailed as he’s putting on his dress shirt hastily.

                Zelo groaned before sitting up on the bed. He threw an annoyed glance at the frantic boy but his eyes were forced to take a second glance when they caught on a glimpse of Daehyun’s legs. Those legs were slim and nicely curved while the thighs, they looked so smooth and the caramel toned of the skin caused Zelo to unconsciously his lips.

                Unfortunately, his wild imagination had been cut out when Daehyun finally put on his pants. Zelo could only sigh in frustration.

                “Damn it! Where is it?”

                Zelo looked up to the latter and he realized Daehyun was not wearing his glasses. He was drop dead gorgeous! His eyes were actually more beautiful than Zelo thought. He was literally gawking and time seemed to slow down while his heart began to thump louder in his chest. He could see the long lashes brushed against Daehyun’s cheek every time the elder closed his eyes. And he would be mesmerized again when those eyelids were lifted.

                “Oh, there it is!” Daehyun found his glasses on the table and immediately put them on. He was ready to leave now. But as he turned around, Zelo was standing straight in front of him. That had startled him somehow. The younger was acting weird. He didn’t have time to deal with it though. He’s in a hurry.

                “Zelo, can you please move aside? I need to go now,” Daehyun ordered, trying to walk pass him but he was in disadvantage as the shorter and smaller one.

                But Zelo didn’t just block his way but slowly stepping closer to him. Daehyun looked up and saw the younger staring at him like he was his prey.

                “W-What are you doing…?” Daehyun asked warily, drawing a few steps back until the window stopped him.

                “You know, I don’t think this,” Zelo pulled off the glasses from Daehyun who was totally confused right now. “suits you,” He leaned in so that their eyes were on the same level. “I think you’d look better without it,” He grinned.

                Daehyun gaped with wide eyes. “What’re you talking about? Give it back!” He tried to retrieve the glasses but Zelo held them up using his long hand.

                “Zelo, please,” Daehyun looked like he was about to cry as he begged. He jumped over and over again but he just couldn’t reach it.

                Both of them were moving in circles. Zelo almost gave up by the puppy eyes. But he needed to tell the truth. “This is too ugly for you. Just wear contacts or something else!”

                Daehyun grumped. He stopped struggling for a while before making another sudden high jump, causing their bodies to bump into each other. “I don’t have time to – ” He gasped, eyes bulging out when he saw the glasses were knocked off from Zelo’s grip and flew out of the window.

                “No!!!” Daehyun rushed to the window, shoving Zelo away in the process. Of course he couldn’t catch any glimpse with the size of the glasses from the third floor, moreover with his weak eyesight. All he could see was concrete floor separated from grassy ground by a large drain.

                Zelo was dumbfounded with guilt. He didn’t mean to go that far. Nevertheless, he was in deep trouble now. Biting his lips, he just stood there, waiting for Daehyun to release his anger at him. He flinched as the older boy turned around but none of what he was expecting happened. Daehyun just grabbed his bag before walking quickly to door.

                “Hyung, I’m sorry,” He blurted out.

                Without turning around, Daehyun retorted in a hollow tone. “I’m late.”

                Zelo gulped because now, that’s even scarier.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                Daehyun didn’t talk to anyone the whole day. And no one dared to talk to him. He was like looming with darkness and dark aura was radiating from his head in their view. It’s not questionable since everybody noticed his glasses were gone today and the boy had to squint his eyes from his seat in the class which was the furthest in the back whenever the teacher was writing on the board.

                Youngjae bit his lips, thinking for something to talk about as they walked out from the last class. Daehyun rarely sulked. He was usually loud and bubbly. So when he did, Youngjae wasn’t really sure how to cheer him up.

                “Um… I’ve handed the report to Yongguk hyung. He said it’s very well done,” He said timidly, hoping for any kind of response he never got throughout the day.

                “Congratulations,” Daehyun said dully.

                Scratching the back of his head, Youngjae glanced at the other through the tail of his eye. “The compliment is for you. You know that I didn’t do anything…”

                “I know.”

Youngjae almost shuddered at the cold tone. He could feel his body shrinking away as he kept walking beside Daehyun. He was thinking hardly on how to reduce the tension between them. So when he saw Yongguk coming towards them, he almost screamed of joy.

                “Yongguk hyung!” Youngjae shouted while waving his hand. Daehyun jumped a little and glared at his friend for making such noise but immediately turned to look at the older boy who was nearing them with a smile plastered on his face.

                “Hey, have you finished your class?” Yongguk asked with hands in his pockets.

                “Yup,” Youngjae grinned.

                Daehyun felt uncomfortable in front of the two. It seemed like he was the third wheel that had a crush on one of them. He just stayed silent at the side, looking down to his feet.

                Yongguk noticed that Daehyun was pretty quiet today. The younger didn’t greet him with his cheerful self like he used to, instead, acting like he didn’t even know him.

                “Daehyun?” He called, hoping to see a cheeky smile when the boy looked up but he almost fell on his if he wasn’t strong enough to hold himself together.

                As Daehyun lifted his head, his eyes were large and his brows knitted together, making him looked like a confused puppy. Yongguk’s breath hitched while taking in the stunning and captivating features of him. He always knew Daehyun was cute with glasses. But he never knew Daehyun could be this beautiful without it. Like how was it possible? He was friend with Daehyun for his entire life and only now he would realize about it?

                “Yes…?” Daehyun asked, still looking like a lost puppy.

                Yongguk gulped down his saliva to remove the lump in his throat. “W-Where is y-your glasses…?”

                Daehyun sighed before pouting his mouth. “I lost it.”

                Youngjae nodded while watching them. He was praising Yongguk in his mind for making Daehyun to be himself again.

                “You look beautiful…” Yongguk breathed out unconsciously.

                “What?” Daehyun didn’t catch it. Youngjae too barely made out the words from the elder.

                Yongguk blinked his eyes. “I-I mean… do you want to make a new one? It’s Friday and we can go on an outing…” He smiled sheepishly, feeling embarrassed with himself. “Youngjae and I are going to the town right now. Wanna go together?”

                Daehyun’s face lit up with glee. He had never gone out with Yongguk since the school started. And he kind of missed the moments when they would talk and laugh while eating delicious food.

                “I…” Daehyun was about to give an answer when his sight caught Youngjae’s act behind Yongguk. He was shaking his head eagerly as he mouthed the word ‘no’ as if telling him not to interrupt his time with the elder.

                Daehyun darted his eyes back to Yongguk who was staring at him hopefully. “I… don’t think I should go… with you two…”

                Yongguk’s shoulders slouched down. “Why not…?”

                “Be-Because…”

                “Because he’s going to hang out with me!”

                Daehyun stumbled a step forward because of an arm that suddenly slung around his neck. He looked up at the owner that he already knew who based on the voice.

                Zelo ignored all the quizzical stares he was receiving. He brought Daehyun closer, lips pulled into a smug smile which was directed to Yongguk.

                “Oh…” The elder shifted his eyes from Zelo to Daehyun. The younger just gave him an apologetic expression.

                “Don’t worry, we won’t disturb your date and your make out sessions,” Zelo assured before turning around to leave with Daehyun still wrapped in his arm.

                Right after both of them disappeared from his view, Yongguk snapped his head to Youngjae. “You told him?!”

                Youngjae flinched with his eyes shut tightly. Slowly, he opened them back although he was really afraid to look at the glowering Yongguk. “I… I didn’t! I just told Daehyun. But maybe… he overheard – ”

                “I told you not to tell about it to anyone!” Yongguk grumbled angrily in a low voice, being cautious if other students would hear them.

                “But Daehyun is my best friend – ” Youngjae tried to protest but he was once again cut in by the other.

                “Daehyun is my childhood friend. And that doesn’t mean he should know everything about us!”

                “But – ”

                “Enough. I’m not going anywhere with you today,” With that, Yongguk walked away from there with his unhappy mood.

                “But we’re supposed to watch movies together…” Youngjae whined and he ended up huffing when he didn’t manage to grab the latter’s attention.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                Daehyun and Zelo were already walking for 20 minutes from the school. As soon as they left Yongguk and Youngjae, the younger immediately retreat his arm which was previously hanging around Daehyun’s neck. Now, he was ahead with hands shoved into his pockets and head hung low to create some distance between them. They didn’t utter a single word throughout the journey and Zelo began to feel awkward.

                “I’m tired…” Daehyun croaked, stopping in his track.

                Zelo too halted his steps. Without turning to the older boy, he pointed to a bench on the sidewalk. “We can have a seat there.”

                Daehyun went first to claim his spot there, followed by Zelo who chose to sit at the very end of the bench. After that, they were silent again.

                Daehyun knew his roommate must feel guilty over what he had done earlier. He was indeed really mad at him. But now, looking at the younger’s anxious face, the anger was slowly fading away. Zelo had helped him to get away with Yongguk. And maybe Zelo didn’t mean to make his glasses flew out of the window. If he thought back, it was his fault to bump into Zelo while struggling to get it back. And…Zelo did say he looked better without it.

                Daehyun blushed at the thought. Although what Zelo said was not like he looked good or else, but that ‘looked better’ was enough to make his face red.

                The sound of someone rummaging through something cut off his thoughts. Daehyun craned his neck to peek into Zelo’s backpack but he couldn’t see anything.

                A paper bag was brought out by Zelo. He scooted closer before timidly handing the bag to the elder.

                Daehyun raised his brows at the other but took the paper bag nonetheless. When Zelo didn’t say anything except looking down to the ground, Daehyun had a look into it. There’s a small white teddy bear holding a heart shape. He took it out and almost squealed at the cuteness.

                But that’s not it. There’s another thing at the bottom and Daehyun recognized it instantly. Also taking it out, Daehyun examined the damages on his glasses. It was not cracked but scratches were all over it that it’s impossible to be used anymore.

                “I’m sorry…” Zelo looked into Daehyun’s eyes as he said his apology.

                Daehyun thought he really meant it since he went to search for the glasses. It must be very hard to find. Plus, there’s a cute bear coming along.

                “Well… Is this teddy for me?”

                “It’s an apology gift…” Zelo said shyly. “It can be friend with your Keke…”

                “Apology accepted,” Daehyun smiled.

                “Really…?” Zelo asked in disbelief.

                Daehyun nodded before pursing his lips. “But what did you say to me without glasses?”

                Zelo looked away, trying to remember it. “Umm… gorgeously beautiful?”

                Daehyun’s eyes widened. He scoffed even though his face was flushed because of that. “You’re flattering me.”

                “No I’m not,” Zelo smirked.

                The scornful Zelo was back and Daehyun didn’t want to show that he was blushing so he quickly changed the topic. “What’s in that bag?” He gestured to another long black bag beside the younger.

                Zelo took it to his front and opened it. “My skateboard.”

                “Is it fun to ride?”

                “Of course! Wanna try it out?” Zelo was excited as he cocked his head to the dark coloured skateboard he was holding.

                “No no no. It’s okay,” Daehyun held up his palms.

                “C’mon! I’ll teach you how,” Zelo pulled the smaller boy’s arm, urging him to stand up. Daehyun reluctantly complied with him, putting the paper bag on the bench.

                Zelo placed the board on the ground. “First, you have to stand in a comfortable and balanced position.”

                “Okay…” Daehyun put one foot on, and another, adjusting them to be comfortable.

                Both of Zelo’s hands lingered around Daehyun for the boy’s safety. “Then use your back foot to push off and move forward.”

                “This, this foot?” Daehyun hesitantly step off the board with his left foot.

                “Yup. And when you’re moving, remember to bend your knees.”

                Daehyun pulled a deep breath. “Okay…here I go…” He moved forward with the skateboard in a low speed. “Oh ohh ohhh Zelo Zelo…”

                “Don’t worry I got you,” Zelo reassured, following the elder by being at his side. “Push off again,” He said when the board was slowing down.

                Daehyun did as he was told but the propelling force was a bit stronger than before, making him goes faster. “Ohhhhh,” He started to sway from a side to the other.

                “Keep your balance and try not to fall off,” Zelo was walking quicker with his arms already stretched out in case if anything happened.

                “No I’m falling I wanna stop how do I stop??” Daehyun shrieked in his panic state.

                “Put your back foot on the ground.”

                “No I can’t I’m gonna fall!”

                “No you won’t!”

                “No I- ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh!” Daehyun’s hands were flailing everywhere. He lost his balance and he was falling with his back to the ground. He shut his eyes tightly for the impact but his body was stopped midway, enveloped in long arms. Daehyun opened his eyes and saw Zelo smiling to him.

                “I told you I got you,” The younger said.

                Daehyun’s cheeks were tinted pink again. Zelo’s face was really close to his. He could see the sharp jaw of the other that made him looked even manlier.

                On the other hand, Zelo found that Daehyun was adorably cute. And beautiful. “Don’t be shy. You did a great job actually.”

                Daehyun cleared his throat as he tried to stand straight. He was clearly not shy with that but something else.

                “Wanna do it again?”

                “No. I wanna go back to the dorm,” Daehyun hastily made his way back with the same path they took earlier.

                Zelo laughed before riding his skateboard to catch up with the elder.

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 


Sorry if I took a long time to update coz there're so much things to do >.<

Thanks a lot to upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! Saranghae ♥♥♥