From Meeting to Staring

I'm Here To Love You

Daehyun sat on the edge on his bed, playing with his teddy bear while waiting for his roommate to get ready for school. The other smaller teddy bear given by Zelo was resting against the headboard of the bed. No words were uttered between Zelo and him since last night and Daehyun didn't like it. He kind of missed the times when Zelo would annoy him until he got mad.

Putting on his dress shirt, Zelo glanced at the older boy. Daehyun was pouting with knitted brows as he moved the toy's hands up and down. Zelo thought Daehyun purposely acted cute in front of him.

"Why aren't you going yet?" He asked.

Daehyun snapped his head up, his lips were still pouting unconsciously. He wanted to answer but the sight of Zelo's bare torso had rendered him speechless. He quickly looked down and brought the teddy close to his crimson face.

"I-I'm waiting for y-you..." He stuttered, face blushing harder.

"Why? You've never wait for me before. You usually went to the cafeteria earlier than anybody would," Zelo found it weird moreover when Daehyun was counting the bear's fur with intense concentration.

No wonder he felt strange when looking at Zelo's upper body, thought Daehyun. He had never seen his roommate getting dressed before because he would be the one to leave first in the morning and he would be studying at his desk when Zelo showered in the evening. But he always put on his clothes in front of Zelo, even his pants. He wondered if Zelo was feeling the same as he was right now. The thought made his cheeks hotter and he was sure they were as red as tomato.

"Umm... We... We can go to-together..." He said without lifting his head.

Zelo's frown turned into a smirk. It was a great achievement for him to make Daehyun blush like that.  So, Yongguk was not the only one who could cause Daehyun to go pink on his cheeks.

“You know I don’t usually eat breakfast,” He uttered.

If it’s even possible, Daehyun’s face got redder. “Well…you have to today…”

Zelo tried to stifle his laugh and continued to wear his shirt properly. He had thought about the jealousy thing throughout the night. Let’s say he didn’t like Daehyun in that way, then it’s okay. They could stay as friends. Or if he did like Daehyun in that way, but since Daehyun had a crush on someone else, there were two choices for him; make Daehyun falls in love with him or just forget about those feelings towards Daehyun. The second choice seemed easier though. He just had to wait and see how it goes.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

The walk from the dorm to the cafeteria was silent. Each of them wanted to speak up but decided to wait for the other to start first. In the end, they didn't say anything until they reached there.

For the first time since they were being roommates, Daehyun and Zelo bought food together. Zelo asked Daehyun what did he want and he would put them in his plate. When the younger was about to pay for both of them, Daehyun stopped him.

"You don't have to pay for me."

"It's okay. I can just ask my dad for money if I'm broke," Zelo grinned.

"But other students may think that I'm your bully. I'm the one who asked you to have breakfast but you're the one paying," Daehyun protested.

"Daehyunie hyung, just saying thank you is enough," Zelo sent a wink with a playful smirk, not really caring about what the latter was saying.

Daehyun rolled his eyes before shaking his head. After Zelo had paid for the food, Daehyun led both of them to their usual table. The others were already there, chatting like they've not seen each other for a decade.

Daehyun took a seat beside Himchan, leaving the seat beside him empty. Zelo absentmindedly went to take that seat but just like before, Yongguk got up from the seat next to Youngjae to steal it from Zelo. However, today, he didn't have a chance to do that when Daehyun pulled Zelo to sit beside him.

Both Zelo and Yongguk were shocked with Daehyun's act. Zelo's eyes were wide when he stared at Daehyun after flopping down into the seat. Whereas Yongguk had his jaw hanging as he stood at the end of the table with a stupid look on his face. Daehyun didn't make any eye contact to either Zelo or Yongguk. He just dug into his free breakfast quietly.

"What are you doing standing right there?" Himchan asked.

Yongguk cleared his throat before sitting back to his initial place.

"Are you okay?" Youngjae asked.

Yongguk nodded. He looked up at the junior in front of him. Zelo had a smirk plastered on his face as their eyes were fixed on each other's. Yongguk felt like punching him in the gut.

Enough showing off to Yongguk, Zelo averted his eyes to Jongup, who was sitting across Himchan. His friend was wriggling eyebrows at him, making him flustered because Daehyun did actually wanted them to seat beside each other instead of the cocky bastard. Maybe it's Daehyun's way to say thanks for treating him? Now that's cute.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

Thirty minutes after the school ended, the student council held up a meeting in their meeting room. It was for the upcoming sports festival. The higher positions of the council came a bit earlier from the other members to be prepared.

When Yongguk saw Himchan and Youngjae were talking to each other, sitting randomly at the round table, and Daehyun was left alone arranging the papers for their meeting later at the other side, he immediately went to pull the younger to the far corner of the room.

With a confused state, Daehyun let the president to drag his body. "What is it, hyung?" He asked once the elder made them stood facing each other.

Yongguk heaved a deep breath before gazing right into Daehyun's eyes. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I know you're mad at me and I was supposed to apologize sooner. But hey, we're childhood friends, right? We'll always be cool with each other."

Daehyun wanted to snort at that but he just smiled. "Yeah, you're right, hyung. But what exactly was I mad at?"

"About the movie night...?" Yongguk replied hesitantly since he too wasn't very sure about it.

"Oh yeah, okay," Daehyun couldn't help but to compare Yongguk with Zelo. His roommate would always apologize as soon as possible although it was not entirely his fault, like the time when his glasses was broken, and he would give something as an apology gift. On the other hand, Yongguk only said his sorry when he was treated the way he should be.

"You should've let me sit beside you during breakfast and lunch. You always have before," Yongguk complained.

Daehyun shrugged. "Well, since there's only one spot left, of course Zelo should sit there. There's no reason for you to change your seats. Besides, you're actually supposed to sit close to your boyfriend."

Yongguk gasped. "Youngjae is not my boyfriend," He denied.

Daehyun frowned. "But I thought - "

"No, forget it. We're not in that kind of relationship," Yongguk stated firmly. "You should at least tell me if you're mad at me, not ignoring me the whole time."

Daehyun gaped in disbelief. "And you should know if you did something wrong, not until I tell you or ignore you," He snapped, causing Yongguk to cower in his spot.

Their conversation was cut off when the other members started to enter and fill up the meeting room. Daehyun returned to the round table, followed by an anxious Yongguk. The president took the middle seat at the end of the table as Youngjae and Himchan came to sit at his sides. Daehyun was ready with a pen and a notebook, sitting at the right side of Youngjae.

Only the selected members of the student council were invited to the meeting. They were given a position as executive committee member to handle an annual event of the school. Each grade had five recruits, not including the grades' fixed representatives. Zelo was one of them and he was sitting beside Jongup at the left side of the round table, where he could look directly at his older roommate. Daehyun's searching eyes spotted him before sending him a sweet smile.

Zelo was flustered for a moment. He forced out an awkward smile in return and dropped his gaze onto the table. He really hoped his face remained its natural colour.

"Good afternoon, everyone," Yongguk spoke up after all the members had settled down. "Thank you for attending this meeting. Here, we will discuss about the roles in the upcoming sports day, which will be held a month from now. And after that, we will have our mid-term break."

All of them nodded in acknowledgement, starting to write in their notebooks about the important information but not Zelo. He was too busy staring at his roommate to do that. Daehyun had a serious look on his face while listening to the president's words. His eyes were glued to his notebook as he diligently wrote the notes.

Maybe it was hard for Zelo before to admit that the older boy was really pretty, but now there's no way he could deny it. The older boy had grown more and more beautiful everyday that he couldn't tear his eyes away from him right now. And every second he looked at that beautiful person, his heart seemed to beat faster. Sometimes, he even felt his heart clenched painfully. But he actually liked that feeling.

"There are 20 kinds of sports that will be held this year. Each executive committee members will be given one to handle. The other five will be given to the grades' representatives, the reporter, and the secretary, while the vice president and I will navigate all of you."

Feeling someone's stare on him, Daehyun looked up and luckily straightaway found his admirer. Zelo was quick to change the direction of his gaze, pretending that he wasn't really staring at Daehyun in the first place.

Daehyun frowned at his roommate's weird act. He went back to jotting down the types of sports as Yongguk was listing them to the members. However, after quite a while, he felt the same thing again. And he was curious to know if Zelo was really staring at him just know. So he jerked his head up and caught Zelo's eyes on him.

Zelo almost flinched in surprise. He lowered his head, cursing himself for not having the control from staring at Daehyun again. Now that he was caught for the second time, Daehyun must thought that he was a byuntae.

Why would someone stare at his own roommate? That's what Daehyun actually thought. Did he have something on his face? His hands worriedly began rubbing it. From that moment, he shifted in his seat, fixed his hair and his glasses. He didn't really care about his appearance before, not even in front of his crush, Yongguk, but Zelo's stare had somehow made him felt self-conscious.

“...Daehyun...?”

The call of his name broke his trance. Daehyun turned to Yongguk quizzically. “Yes?”

Yongguk cleared his throat before answering. “I’m asking you what sports game you want to handle.”

“Oh, anything’s fine for me,” He said.

“Alright. Then you’ll handle the tennis games.”

Daehyun nodded. Being professional and not mixing their personal situation with their jobs in the council, Yongguk began to tell him the tasks he needed to do and he wrote them down. After that, the president moved his attention to someone else. Daehyun leaned back into his seat since his part was done. Though his mind was still thinking about Zelo, he tried hard not to look at the younger again. His eyes lingered from one person to another around the table, purposely avoiding Zelo every time he came across him. But when he was sure Zelo wasn’t looking at him, his eyes automatically landed on the boy.

Unknowingly, his heart thumped inside his chest. He didn’t know that his roommate actually looked this good. Why must he realize it only now? Zelo’s dark hair suited him perfectly. His nose was straight and when he bit his lips, the dimples showed up. Damn, he’s actually cute.

Daehyun was too caught up in studying Zelo’s face that when the younger looked up, he didn’t have time to look away. His eyes went wide, blood rose up to his cheeks. He quickly brought up his notebook to hide his flushed face behind it.

Zelo could only smile at the older boy. Daehyun was the cutest when he’s shy. And he wasn’t supposed to be like that since Zelo was the one who started it. Zelo had no idea that Daehyun was interested in checking him out too.

“So, Zelo."

Zelo quickly turned to Yongguk, blinking his eyes couple of times before listening intently.

"Since all other sports were already distributed, only skateboard competition is left. Do you think you could handle it?”

“Skateboarding?" Zelo asked, sounding a tad excited. "If there is a competition, I’m planning to enter it, ” He stated seriously.

“But you can’t. Your job as an executive committee is to handle the competition,” Yongguk retorted.

Zelo's face fell in frustration. “Then, could I change it with something else?” He tried to console the president.

“If you changed, you still can’t participate in any sports. You need to manage the one which is committed to you,” Yongguk sighed. “If you don’t want to be an executive, then you can quit. I’ll find someone else to replace you."

Zelo was given some time to think by Yongguk. The elder was staring at him, as well as the other members. So this was how it felt to be scolded by the boss in the meeting room. Now he understood the feelings of his father's employees. It's not like he didn't want to be an executive committee but he really liked to play skateboard. If there was a competition, he had been aiming to participate it to see his skills and ranking compared to the other skateboarders.

"I know I shouldn’t have listened to Daehyun about choosing you to be involved in this event,” Yongguk muttered quietly while shaking his head but Zelo heard it.

He shifted his view towards Daehyun. His roommate too probably had heard what Yongguk just said because now he looked so guilty and embarrased. The older boy didn't make any eye contact with Zelo and just kept his head down instead.

Zelo looked at Yongguk again. The president was raising his brows at him. With a roll of his eyes and a heavy sigh, Zelo finally made his decision. “Fine. I’ll do it.”

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

Half an hour later, the meeting was finally over. Zelo was the first person to leave the room after saying goodbye to Jongup. Daehyun saw his back before the younger closed the door behind him, therefore, he clumsily shoved his things inside his bag to rush out of the room, ignoring Yongguk's call for him.

Daehyun looked around the hallways, from left to right and right to left. Zelo was nowhere to be seen. So he guessed that maybe Zelo was heading to the dorm. He took the left hallway and quickened his steps. Just as he turned at the corner, he saw Zelo walking alone while playing with his phone.

"Zelo!" Daehyun shouted, making the said boy to turn around.

Daehyun began to run towards the other but he was not that lucky today. He tripped over his own foot before planting his face into the ground.

"Yah!" Zelo's eyes bulged out upon seeing his roommate sprawled on the floor. Now he was the one who was running to Daehyun.

Whimpering in pain, Daehyun slowly pushed himself to sit up. His brows were furrowed and he was pouting while he was rubbing the front of his head.

Zelo knelt in front of Daehyun, holding his arms to check on him. "Why were you running? Are you hurt?" He asked in corcern, inspecting Daehyun's smaller body up and down. "Thanks goodness your glasses is still in its shape or you'll need to get a new one again."

"I'm okay," Daehyun uttered, slightly blushing at their close proximity. "And I'm...I'm sorry..."

Zelo was confused. "For what?"

Daehyun scratched the nape of his neck before timidly answering. "Not asking if you'd want to be an executive committee...?"

"Nah, I'm cool," Zelo flopped down onto the floor after tired of kneeling.

"But you can't compete in skateboarding."

"It's okay," Zelo smiled. "I've got a more important job to do as a committee. Besides, this is a perfect chance to show that president that I'm better than he expects me to be," Zelo pursed his lips in determination. "But why did you suggest of choosing me?"

"Um...I don't know," Daehyun shrugged but his cheeks were dusted with pink. "I just think that you're capable to do this job."

"I see..." Zelo nodded. "Then, I'll prove to you that you're not wrong," He grinned and got up from the ground. "So... Let's go back to our room?" He asked his older roommate but before Daehyun could say anything, he added, "Wait, that doesn't sound so right."

Daehyun's face was totally red because of that. He couldn't even look at Zelo so he hid his face in his hands. But then there were a pair of strong arms pulling him to stand on his feet.

"Whatever, let's go," Zelo said, walking ahead of the other.

Daehyun didn't say anything and just followed Zelo quietly from behind. One thing he failed to notice was that Zelo's face was not any different from him.

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 


 

Wow, can't believe that I finisihed this in less than two weeks T^T

Thank you for all upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! I love you <3