Choi Junhong

I'm Here To Love You

                Zelo tossed and his bed. It was only 4 p.m. and he was bored as hell. Daehyun was not back to the room yet. He could use some time to annoy the older boy if he was here. As for Jongup, of course he was having a date with his boyfriend. Zelo had found out that it was the vice president, Himchan. And damn the two couldn’t be away for a second.

                For the sake of not dying from boredom in his room, Zelo dragged himself to go outside. Skateboarding was good too since he had abandon that hobby of his for the past few days. He didn’t forget to bring his iPod along with earphones plugged into his ears.

                The school rules don’t allow the students to go out from the school area on weekdays. So Zelo just rode his board from place to place in the huge school ground. Some of the students were going back to the dorm from their last classes. Some of them were doing various sports and outdoor activities like him.

                Zelo kept moving with his skateboard until he reached a quieter place. It was like a garden full of trees and flowers, a suitable site to rest. And under one of those trees, he spotted the person he was secretly hoping to see.

                Daehyun jumped when someone suddenly plopped down beside him. He looked at the nuisance and subsequently rolled his eyes as he saw his roommate showing his rows of teeth to him. Daehyun turned back to his laptop to continue his work.

                “What’re you doing?” Zelo asked while propping up his head on his hand.

                “I’m finishing the report for our last meeting. I need to hand it tomorrow,” Daehyun was almost whining as he told that to the younger.

                “For the student council?” Zelo asked again and Daehyun nodded without tearing his eyes from the screen. “Isn’t it the secretary’s job to do a report?”

                “It’s a job for both secretary and reporter. But Youngjae has something else to do,” The older boy shrugged his shoulders.

                “Why don’t you do it in the room then?”

                “Because I like here. The room is stuffy,” Daehyun puckered his lips in annoyance.

                “At least you’ve got something to do. I was bored to death right now,” Zelo buried his face in his folded arms on the table.

                “So you came to look for me?”

                He turned his head to his side, still resting his head on his arms. Looking up, he saw Daehyun was batting eyelashes at him. He snorted. “You’re funny,” The other turned away at his mock with a pouting mouth.

                Daehyun was so diligent in doing his task. His eyes were wide as he focused on every word he typed. His glasses would slide down his nose once in a while and he would push it back up. He bit his lips when he was thinking for the next word he would use. And when he’s stuck, he would tap a finger on his chin.

                “Why are you staring at me?”

                Zelo jerked up at the question. The latter was looking at him weirdly.

                “You’re creeping me out,” Daehyun added.

                “And why would I do that?” Zelo laughed awkwardly. “I was thinking about something else and my eyes were accidently on you,” He stood up from his seat and began to walk away from there.

                “Where are you going?” Daehyun asked with a confused face.

                “If I stay here any longer, you’d think I’m gonna you or something,” Zelo joked around before going onto his skateboard and rolled it away.

                Daehyun huffed in frustration. He just got himself a company but he chased it away. Maybe Jongup was right. He needed to learn to control his mouth. Anyhow, the report came first. He stretched his body before proceeding with it.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                Zelo couldn’t believe it. He was actually staring at Daehyun, his roommate. Why in the world did he do that? He didn’t know the answer himself. Truthfully, Daehyun was really pleasing to look at. His doe eyes, his button nose, and his plump lips…

                Zelo shook his head, getting off of the board before a disaster could happen. He was not in his right mind now, he’s sure. He had to inhale more fresh air to get it straight again. This thing was not making any sense to him.

                As he was walking further to the back yard of the school, Zelo suddenly heard weird noises coming from behind the building. Out of curiosity, he slowly approached the source, peeking out his head as his body was hidden behind the wall. What he saw was totally unexpected.

                There were Yongguk and Youngjae, each other’s faces off. The younger of the two had his arms around the other’s neck while Yongguk was feeling his back with wandering hands. They were making out at the secluded place like nobody’s business, thinking that nobody would find them there.

                But Zelo did. And so, he quickly retreated back to lean against the wall. That act had angered him somehow. Daehyun was at another place, working tirelessly on a task that was supposed to be done together with Youngjae, but that secretary said he had something else to do while he was just right here, kissing the president, Bang Yongguk. The fact that he was also Daehyun’s crush had made it worse.

Zelo quickly walked away from there. He didn’t know since when he was involved in their case but he was not in a good position to know all these things. Youngjae had lied to Daehyun. Daehyun had feelings for Yongguk. Yongguk had an affair with Youngjae. Those were so ed up.

                Zelo was planning to go straight to the dorm and in order to do that, he needed to cross the previous place where Daehyun was at. The said boy was still there, still immersed with his work at the table. Should he tell him about it? What would Daehyun feel if he told him about what he saw just now? And why is he thinking so much about him?

                Running his fingers through his hair, Zelo let out a heavy sigh. He shouldn’t interfere with other people’s stuff. He should just stick to his own stuff. That’s what he’s going to do. He glanced at Daehyun one last time before continuing his walk.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                After the day changed into night, Daehyun was finally back into his room. Zelo was using his laptop while sitting on the bed when he heard the door creaked open. Daehyun looked so tired that he might fall asleep right then and there.

                “Hey, Zelo,” Daehyun greeted him lazily.

                “Hey,” Zelo’s eyes tailed the other. Daehyun had put his things on the table before going to lie on his bed, his body sprawled all over it. “Have you finished the report?”

                “Yes, I have… thank god…” Daehyun was losing his conscious. He actually wanted to take a shower and change his clothes but the dreamland seemed to be calling for him.

                Zelo was uneasy. He felt like he was keeping the biggest world secret from his roommate. He bit his lips, thinking whether he should let Daehyun know about it or not. It didn’t matter if he would feel sad later. At least he knew. So maybe Zelo should tell him. But not now. The elder needed some rest.

                As Daehyun was about to shut his eyes close, the door to their room burst open, startling both of them inside. Daehyun hastily sat up on the bed, eyes wide again, searching for the responsible person who had barged into his room without notice.

                “Daehyun!” Youngjae shrieked, causing Zelo to flinch.

                “Why? Why? Why?” Daehyun asked worriedly, thinking that maybe it was an emergency but then he knew it was nothing serious based on Youngjae grinning from ear to ear.

                “Oh my god! You’re not gonna believe this!” The overexcited boy dashed to sit beside him on the bed before holding to Daehyun’s hands.

                “What? Believe what?” Daehyun was almost annoyed by the other. He wanted to make this quick so he could take some rest.

                “Bang Yongguk…” Daehyun perked up at the mention of the name and so did Zelo. “…kissed me!”

                Zelo gaped in surprise. He averted his eyes to Daehyun. The elder’s face had fall. His mouth parted but nothing came out from it. His eyes were unfocused, not blinking. And there’s Youngjae, the only one who was thrilled in the room with his nonstop giggling.

                “Can you believe it? ‘Cause damn, I’ve waited so long for this! I can’t believe it too! He kissed me!” Youngjae shook Daehyun’s arms, making the latter came back to reality.

                “Y-Yeah…” Daehyun laughed airily. “Yo-Yongguk hyung…must’ve li-liked you…”

                Youngjae pursed his lips. “He didn’t say that though. He just kissed me. That’s it. No words,” He shrugged.

                “Oh…” Daehyun couldn’t think of any better respond besides that.

                “Oh yeah, did you finish the report?”

                “I did…” Daehyun gestured to the papers on the table.

                “Let me hand it to him tomorrow, okay? I need a reason to see him,” Youngjae pleaded.

                “Okay…” Daehyun nodded before forcing a smile on his lips.

                “Thank you! You’re the best!” Youngjae gave Daehyun a hug and got off the bed to take the report. “Oh, hi…Zelo. Sorry I didn’t see you there,” He smiled but Zelo just staring coldly at him. “Okay, I’ll go now. See ya!”

                The room fell into an eerie silence. Daehyun’s head lowered, his hair falling over his eyes. Zelo couldn’t see the other’s face clearly but he knew it must be bad. Maybe he should say something to ease the situation but before he could do that, his phone rang. It was his mom who was calling. Zelo picked it up and as he did that, he heard the door opened and closed. When he turned around, Daehyun was already gone.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                “Junhong-ah, how are you?” His mother cheered over the phone.

                “I’m fine, mom,” Zelo retorted nonchalantly.

                “Have you been eating well? Have you been waking up early in the morning? You didn’t go late to you class, didn’t you?”

                “Mom–”

                “Have you got any friends yet? Are they being nice to you? What about your roommate? He’s not bullying you, right?”

                “Mom, I said I’m fine! If you worried that much about me, you didn’t have to send me here in the first place,” Zelo grumbled in irritation.

                “It’s not me. It’s your father who sent you there,” His mom protested. “But oh my god! You’ve been through a week all by yourself! I’m so proud of you!” She squealed. “But remember, you need to score and get good grades in your study. Or we’ll really transfer you to oversea.”

                The last sentence was strictly said. Zelo had become too immune to hear it. Everything was just about his study, his grades. He would get scolded if the results were bad and get rewarded if they’re good. It happened repeatedly, over and over again since he was a kid. He was getting tired of it and so, he started to rebel. He didn’t listen to his parents, he skipped school, he hung out with delinquents. He wanted to be free. Instead, that’s what brought him here.

                Zelo rubbed his face couple of times. His parents were so demanding. How could he study in this stressed state? He turned around from the window he was standing at to look at the clock on his table. It had been half an hour and Daehyun still didn’t come back.

                Zelo wanted to ignore the other but he was indeed worried about him. Maybe he should at least check him out and made sure he was okay.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                It was very dark. The lamp posts didn’t really help in lighting up the places. Zelo had to scrutinize every place he passed by in search of Daehyun. He went everywhere including the garden the elder was at before. But nobody was there. Zelo sighed. He continued searching nonetheless, until he reached a small lake not far from the previous place. A familiar figure was sitting on a bench with his back facing him. It was Daehyun.

                Slowly, Zelo padded to the other before claiming the seat next to him. Both of them sat in silence, staring at the lake in front. The weather was not so cold and the place was quiet. It was really calming there.

                “You must be laughing at me, right?” Daehyun croaked all of a sudden. “You must’ve thought that I’m an idiot…”

                Zelo turned to him. He could feel his chest tightened as he looked at the sad face and the lowered head to hide the teary eyes. “Can I borrow your phone?”

                Daehyun hesitantly looked up, unsure if he was hearing things or he had heard it wrong.

                “Can I?” Zelo repeated and Daehyun quickly nodded. He fished out his phone from his pocket before handing it to the latter.

                Zelo began to type something while Daehyun just watched him quizzically. The younger was so random that he sometimes didn’t know what Zelo was thinking about. The phone was given back to him in a brief moment. He took a look at it, finding out that he was staring at a new saved contact.

                “Cutie…junnie…?” Daehyun’s brows furrowed, a look of confusion clearly etched on his face.

                “Choi Junhong,” Zelo spoke up. “That’s my name.”

                Daehyun snapped his head towards him. “So Zelo is not your real name?”

                “No, of course not. It’s just a nickname of mine.”

                “Why didn’t you tell me your real name since the beginning?”

                “Because, the entire Seoul knows that Choi Junhong is the son of the Choi Corp’s CEO,” Zelo said with wide eyes, like it was the most obvious thing.

                “But I didn’t know.”

                Zelo arched up an eyebrow. “…Really?”

                “I’m from Busan,” Daehyun shrugged his shoulders.

                “That made sense…” Zelo bobbed his head up and down. “Well, now you know.”

                “So I can call you Junhong from now on?”

                “No.”

                “Why?”

                “Because I said so. Just stick to Zelo.”

                “I will if you call me hyung,” Daehyun crossed his arms as he glared at the younger.

                Zelo’s eyes narrowed, staring at Daehyun. But the elder didn’t give up. In the end, he admitted his defeat with a heavy sigh. “Fine…”

                “Fine, what?”

                Zelo rolled his eyes. “Fine, Daehyun hyung…”

                “Yeah, that’s right.”

                Daehyun was smiling again. It made Zelo felt warm in the inside somehow. Even with the lack of light, Daehyun was shining with his smile. It was genuine and beautiful. Zelo had never seen someone so beautiful like the older boy sitting in from of him. From that moment, he made a promise to himself, to never let the smile leave Daehyun’s face again.

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 


Don't be shy to leave your comment! I'd love to read them all ^^

Thanks to upvoters, subscribers, commentors, and readers! I love you!! ♥♥♥