Movie Night

I'm Here To Love You

 

                The bell rang, indicating the school had finished for the day. Both Zelo and Jongup began to pack their things into the bags. They had grown closer to each other everyday since they were seatmates and basically had the same group of friends which were the seniors from the student council. Zelo was close with Himchan, good with Youngjae, only because he was Daehyun’s best friend, but of course, with Yongguk, Zelo was far from being friendly. It’s not like he was just the one to act cold though. Yongguk too would always glare at him every time they met, looking like he had an unfinished business with him and Zelo thought he knew what it’s all about; Daehyun.

                “You have something to do after this?” Zelo asked, standing up along with Jongup.

                “I’m going to see Himchan hyung,” Jongup smiled shyly.

                The corner of Zelo’s mouth twitched in annoyance. “Of course,” He slung his bag over his shoulder before shrugging in dismay. “Well, then. I guess it’s just another boring day for me.”

                Jongup sighed, suddenly feeling guilty for the lack of time he spent with Zelo. But Himchan was his boyfriend, who was certainly more important than anybody else. He bit his lips while trying to figure something out and he remembered. “You know, there should be something at the east hall tonight. I heard the drama club is showing a movie to collect some money.”

                Zelo quirked his eyebrows with great interest. “Really?”

                “Yup,” Jongup nodded. “Speaking of that, maybe I should bring Himchan hyung there tonight,” He thought for himself before turning to the other. “You should go too. With Daehyun hyung perhaps?”

                Zelo’s face lit up at the suggestion. “That’s actually a great idea…” He grinned, already planning on asking the elder about it later.

                Ever since the last outing, he didn’t get to properly hanging around with Daehyun, except for having lunch and dinner together, or when they’re back in their room. His roommate was not as bad as he thought, minus the frequent nags he got when he’s lazy to go on with life. Daehyun was actually really nice.

                “Hyung!” Zelo exclaimed from quite a distance once he saw the smaller boy walked out of the class.

                Daehyun looked up and smiled at the younger who was approaching him. “Hey,” He greeted after Zelo had reached his side.

                “Where’s Youngjae hyung?” Zelo looked over for the said boy.

                “I don’t know. He left first,” Daehyun pouted without any intention to make Zelo think he’s cute. But Zelo did anyway.

                Both of them began to walk to their dorm. Daehyun was blabbering as usual about his tiring day, his boring lessons, and his annoying teachers while Zelo kept listening, giving short and simple responses to show that he’s paying attention. When it seemed that Daehyun had run out of things to talk about, Zelo quickly took the chance to voice out the plan that had been playing in his mind.

                “Hyung…?”

                Daehyun turned his head to him. “Hmm…?”

                Zelo scratched the back of his head, avoiding looking straight into Daehyun’s eyes. “Are you…free tonight…?”

                “Tonight? Why?” Daehyun asked quizzically.

                “I was thinking… if you want to go watch a movie with me…?” Zelo raised his brows, full of hope.

                “A movie?” Daehyun frowned. “But we can’t go outing unless it’s weekend.”

                Zelo face palmed at that. “Yeah, I know that. The movie will be shown at the east hall. The drama club held it.”

                “Ohh…” Daehyun’s mouth turned round as he finally grabbed it. “Your treat?” He purposely blinked his big liquid eyes to the other.

                Zelo smiled while biting his lips, unable to resist the adorable hyung in front of him. Well, he’s the one asking in the first place. “My treat.”

                Shrugging his shoulders, Daehyun returned the smile before saying his answer which made the younger’s heart leapt in happiness. “Okay then.”

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                Since Daehyun had nothing to do that afternoon, he decided to study. And since Zelo was snoring with his cheek pressed onto the pillow, Daehyun had to wear a headphone to keep his focus. Nonetheless, his study was still disturbed when he felt a vibration caused by his phone which was placed at the side of the table he was sitting at.

                Daehyun huffed. Everyone would eagerly send a message or call him while he’s busy. But when he had nothing to do, his phone would function like a useless square thing. He put down his pen to check on the phone.

 

From : Yongguk hyung

Daehyun-ah, what’re you doing right now…?

 

                Without knowing, he was unconsciously grinning from ear to ear. He bit his lips as he typed the reply, already forgetting about the math problem.

 

To : Yongguk hyung

Nothing actually. I’m bored. What about you?

 

From : Yongguk hyung

More bored than you. Bored as hell!

 

To : Yongguk hyung

Lol. What do you want me to do then?

 

From : Yongguk hyung

I’m thinking of hanging out with you tonight

 

                Daehyun let out whiny crying sounds. He had patiently waited for this day to come where he could have a chit chat with just the two of them. But he’s not the kind of person to make a promise only to break it later on. Zelo had asked him out first. There’s no reason to cancel their plan for tonight. He wondered why Yongguk didn’t ask Youngjae instead of him.

 

To : Yongguk hyung

I’d love to hang out with you. But not tonight. I’m going to watch a movie at the east hall with Zelo

 

                Daehyun stared at the screen, waiting for a reply from the elder. He felt bad rejecting the offer although it’s the right thing to do. When Yongguk was silent after a while, he thought that he had make the latter angry.

 

To : Yongguk hyung

Hyung I’m sorry. I promise I’ll go out with you next time

 

                Still no reply. Daehyun tossed his phone back onto the table, his lips curved downwards. How could Yongguk get mad at him because of that? He didn’t say anything if Yongguk chose someone else over him. Especially the time when he went outing with Youngjae. They didn’t even ask him to tag along and he’s overflowing with jealousy. But whatever. If both Yongguk and Youngjae were in a relationship, maybe he should erase his feelings towards the elder. He knew it’s hard so he would take it slowly. But first, let’s just enjoy the movie tonight.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                “I’m ready. Let’s go.”

                Zelo looked up from his iPod and immediately broke into an amused laugh, seeing the older boy standing in front of him as he sat on the bed.

                “What’s so funny?” Daehyun frowned.

                “Nothing…” Zelo shook his head, still smiling widely. “Just… are you sure you’re going to wear this?”

                Daehyun stretched out his arms to both sides before looking down at his body. What’s wrong by wearing black skinny jeans with a hoodie? He was confused.

                Zelo stood up, towering his hyung with their close distance. “What’s this?” He reached to tug a cat ear attached to the hoodie Daehyun was clad in.

                Daehyun pulled it back while jutting out his bottom lip. “I know these ears weren’t supposed to be there. But I like this hoodie. My grandma gave it to me…”

                “I didn’t say I don’t like it,” Zelo chuckled. “It’s cute,” He said with a shrug of his shoulders, making Daehyun narrowed his eyes at him.

                “You’re cute,” Zelo added. Daehyun’s face grew red. He didn’t know why but he needed to avert his eyes from the younger because usually, only Yongguk could make him blush like that by calling him cute.

                Zelo was speechless for a moment. He must take every detail of Daehyun’s blushing face since the older boy looked so adorable being all shy. And he’s the one to cause it. Don’t judge him but he’s indeed proud of himself.

                After quite some times, Zelo finally cleared his throat. “So… the movie will start soon. We should get going now.”

                Daehyun’s face changed into a startled one as he looked at his watch. “Oh! You’re right! C’mon!” He obliviously grabbed Zelo’s wrist, dragging the younger out of the room and Zelo wondered how cute Daehyun could be.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                “Wait,” Daehyun stopped in his track when they had just arrived there. His eyes were fixed to the banner in front of the main door. “What does it mean by ‘Fright Night’?”

                “I don’t know,” Zelo retorted. “Maybe they’re showing a scary movie or something.”

                “Really?!” Daehyun almost screamed. Zelo turned to him, looking at his shocked face confusedly.

                “Why hyung? Are you scared?” Zelo arched up his brows with a smirk.

                “What?!” Daehyun scowled at the other. “I’m not a coward.”

                “I didn’t say so,” Zelo laughed. “Don’t worry, hyung. I’m here for you,” Before Daehyun could talk back, Zelo threw his arm around Daehyun’s shoulders, walking together into the hall.

                Zelo paid the tickets for both of them. Other students were filling up the quite a large hall. The seats in there were arranged in stairs so that all of them could get a clear view of the wide screen. They’re free to choose wherever they wanted to sit. Zelo found some empty row of seats in the middle of the hall and he quickly pulled Daehyun to claim them.

                “This spot is good,” Zelo turned to look at the other with a grin which faded away once he saw another boy was about to sit beside Daehyun. “…just now…”

                Daehyun noticed the sudden change in Zelo’s happy tone. He looked up but the younger was staring at something beside him. His eyebrows furrowed before turning around, only to find Yongguk who was already smiling at him.

                “Yongguk hyung?! What’re you doing here?” Daehyun asked in surprise.

                “Can’t I watch the movie too?”

                “No, of course not,” Zelo chimed in. “But where is Youngjae hyung?”

                Yongguk was looking at the youngest of the three like he would murder him anytime soon.  “Unfortunately, he can’t come,” He said through gritted teeth.

                “I wonder if you actually asked him to,” Zelo muttered in a mocking tone.

                Daehyun in the middle, with Zelo on his right and Yongguk on his left, could feel the tension between the two. He knew they didn’t get along well since their first meeting but he didn’t know why. And it was getting worse everyday.

                Both Zelo and Yongguk were still staring at each other using their own menacing killer gazes. Daehyun glanced from one person to another, thinking on how to calm them down. Thankfully, the lights dimmed out and the screen lighted up.

                “Oh, it’s starting…” Daehyun mumbled timidly. He waited for their response and breathed out in relief when they slowly lay back onto their seats.

                “Here,” Yongguk put a paper bag full of popcorns on Daehyun’s lap. The boy gladly accepted it. “I know you like to eat popcorns while watching a movie,” He purposely raised his voice just a bit louder so that Zelo could hear it. Not the entire hall though. “You look cute tonight.”

                The said boy just rolled his eyes. He knew Yongguk was trying to say that he had known Daehyun longer and better than him. He’s not jealous, really. Why would he be jealous about it?

                “Thanks, hyung,” Daehyun chirped, trying to hide his flushed face at Yongguk’s statements. He was relieved when Yongguk wasn't mad at him because he rejected to hang out with him. Daehyun then nudged Zelo’s arm. “Zelo, do you want some?”

                Zelo turned to Daehyun who was holding out the popcorns to him. He glanced at Yongguk. The elder seemed so irritated looking at them. With an evil smirk, Zelo shoved his hand and grabbed a handful of popcorns. Not enough with that, he shoved another hand and grabbed another handful of popcorns. He stuffed all of them into his mouth, causing some to drop onto the floor.

                Daehyun gasped. Yongguk glared with abnormally wide eyes like he had been insulted in the worst way throughout his entire life. If it’s not because the movie had started and the hall was full of people and his role as the president of the student council and Daehyun was right beside him, he would have plunge his hand into Zelo’s throat to take his popcorns back. And then beat him up to death.

                Daehyun was dumbfounded. The boys at his sides were acting weird tonight. It made him uncomfortable as the middle person. Maybe he should help them solve whatever their problems with each other later on.

                The atmosphere changed simultaneously to the horror movie playing at the front. Daehyun shrunk back into his seat and just opened his eyes as much as he needed to although his mouth was still busy munching the popcorns.

                A while through the movie, everything seemed to be okay. Zelo was pretty much enjoying it but Yongguk’s face was straight, not showing any interest. Daehyun knew it was coming, after the suspense part, something was going to pop up on the screen with an extremely loud shocking sound. He knew it, but he pretended like he didn’t. So, ‘bam’!

                Daehyun jumped in his seat, covering his face which made the popcorns to be thrown away, accurately to Yongguk’s face. Of course Yongguk was surprised by that. He quickly turned to Daehyun. The boy’s body had slid down, still didn’t uncovered his face, at least until the scene was over. And Yongguk suddenly remembered that Daehyun was not really fond of scary movies. But that was years ago when they’re still kids. He didn’t know Daehyun still being the same kid as before. He almost chuckled at that.

                As he was clearing the popcorns from his body, Yongguk thought he should do what he did back then when Daehyun was scared. He pulled Daehyun to lean on his shoulder before his head. “It’s okay, Daehyunnie. Nothing to be scared of,” He cooed.

                Daehyun immediately looked up at the elder. Yongguk hadn’t called him like that for so long. And the way Yongguk was holding him right now caused him to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable at the same time. “I-I’m fine, hyung…” He murmured, squirming in Yongguk’s arm until the elder finally released him.

                Zelo was watching both of them being intimate the whole time. His heart felt the pain. It was burning with jealousy. Yes, he admitted it. He was jealous to see Daehyun, his roommate, to be close with that arrogant president of his club.

                He tried to cool himself down after everything was back to normal. So did Daehyun. But not even after a minute, a horrible looking ghost appeared before their eyes and Daehyun yelped while shutting his eyes tightly. His hands clasped his mouth, preventing the tiny frightened whimpers to escape his lips because apparently, he’s the only one that was most affected by the movie compared to the other audience.

                Daehyun was pulled to the side again. Not the same side, the other side. Since Zelo was so tall, he couldn’t rest his head on the shoulder, instead, his cheek was pressed onto a broad firm chest. Daehyun actually thought it was better but then he blushed at that.

                Opening his eyes, Daehyun didn’t dare to look at the younger with his shy red face. “Z-Zelo… I-I’m f-fine…” He placed his palm on Zelo’s chest, trying to push him away. Despite that, Zelo tightened his embrace around Daehyun’s small back.

                “The ghost’s still there, hyung,” Zelo said and Daehyun stayed in that position a bit longer.

                Yongguk on the other hand was gaping at them in disbelief. Zelo noticed him, giving a sly smile in return. Yongguk scoffed.

                After Zelo finally let Daehyun go, he wasn’t even paying attention to the movie anymore. He just waited for the same ghost to appear again so that he could repeat the same act to Daehyun before Yongguk could do the same. They were glaring at each other like this was a competition involving the matters of life and death while Daehyun was cowering in his seat, peeking through his fingers to look at the screen.

                Then ‘bam!” again. Daehyun’s figure shook violently. Zelo and Yongguk were quick to throw their arms around it. Thus, Daehyun was squeezed in between the two larger boys. He was even more startled with that than with the movie. As he wanted to get away with them, Yongguk pulled him tighter to his direction.

                “I suggest you let go of him,” Yongguk hissed at his rival.

                “Hyung… Let me go…” Daehyun whined. He’s frustrated at how puny he looked in contrast to them. And once again, his small and weak body was pulled to the other side with Yongguk’s hold still firm around him.

                “I think you’re the one who should do it, Bang Yongguk…hyung,” Zelo retorted.

                “Zelo, please…” Daehyun pleaded but nobody listened.

                “No. Daehyun wants a hug from me when he’s scared,” Yongguk said.

                “Says who? Daehyun seems to enjoy my hug more,” Zelo taunted.

                “Guys… stop it…” Daehyun took a look at both of them respectively. Why was he the victim of all this weirdness? They were obviously attracting the other students. Everyone was looking intently at them right now. Zelo and Yongguk must have looked like they’re fighting over a kitten. Daehyun regretted wearing that hoodie tonight. He didn’t want to lift his head anymore.

                “Why? Because your chest was softer than my buffed one?” Yongguk leaned closer to sneer at the other.

                “Or maybe because it’s warmer that yours,” Zelo did the exact same thing. Daehyun was absolutely squished in the middle. They were getting louder and louder. Other boys had begun whispering to one another.

                “I’m older than you!”

                “I’m taller than you!”

                “I know Daehyun since he’s born!”

                “Daehyun is my roommate!”

                “Stop it!” Daehyun yelled. His hands were plastered at their faces, immediately shutting them up and free from their holds.

                “Yongguk hyung, I hope you can act more matured next time. Zelo, let’s go back to the dorm,” With that, Daehyun stood up and walked away to exit the hall which had fell silent. Only the sound from the movie that could be heard. But the students preferred to watch the real drama in front of them since it was more interesting than anything else.

                Zelo grinned. He got off his seat to follow the older boy. But not before saying goodbye to Yongguk. The said guy could only groan in despair as he plopped back onto his seat. He too decided to leave the hall after a while, realizing that he didn’t have any more reason to stay there. The audience then switched their attention back to the movie.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

 


I didn't update this for a month I'm sorry >.<

but things are going to be like that after this. I have limited time to write and update but I won't abandon my stories coz I love all my upvoters, subbies, commentors and readers <3

Thank you for being patient. Saranghae ^^