Roommates

I'm Here To Love You

 

                Zelo let out a heavy sigh once the car stopped in front of the school’s gate. Never in his life had he thought that he would end up here, a boarding school, or more like a jail for him. He was just about to enjoy his life as a high school student but everything was doomed when his parents decided to send him here.

                The boarding school was not far from the city but it was secluded in one place. It looked huge and lavish from the outside, matching with the school’s great achievement in both academics and sports.  Zelo just hoped the inside would not creep him out in any way.

                “We have arrived, young master,” The driver stated while opening the luxurious car door.

                Zelo stepped out of the car, perfectly clad in his school uniform. He fixed his styled hair and jacket before walking straight to the school gate.

                “Young master, your luggage.” The driver gestured to loads of his things on the ground next to the car.

                Zelo turned around with a confused face, hands on his hips. “So? Just bring them to my room.”

                “I’m afraid you have to bring them by yourself, young master. I’ll excuse myself now,” With that, the driver dashed to the driver seat, started the engine and sprinted away, leaving the young master to gape at him.

                “ you, old man!” Zelo cursed ignoring the other students’ stare. He huffed angrily before stomping to get his luggage which was quite too much for a person because there were at least five of them.

                Struggling with the luggage, Zelo slowly made his way to the office for the registration. It was a little far from the entrance and Zelo had to hold his anger from bursting out right there and then because he needed to make a round or two, roaming the large school buildings to find the actual place.

                “Grow up, they say… Be independent, they say…” He mumbled in annoyance before releasing his grips on all of his things in front of the office as he reached there.

                “God…my parents should buy me a car for all my hard work…” He wiped the sweat off his forehead and pushed the door open.

                “Yes, may I help you?” The clerk asked.

                “My name is Choi Junhong and I’m here to register as a first year student,” He said.

                The clerk then managed the procedure and gave him the key to his room. He thanked her and went out of the office to drag his luggage again. “Urgh damn it. I hate this.”

                After a while, he finally arrived at his room which was on the third floor. Of course he was clever enough to use the elevator with all the things he’s carrying. The door of his room was slightly opened showing that his roommate was already there. Too lazy to drop his bags and knock the door, Zelo just kick the door open, startling the person inside.

                The room had only two single beds adjacent to each other and two study desks across them. There’s also a bathroom beside the large window. And also another student who was sitting cross-legged on his bed with closed eyes while his hands were covering his ears. His luggage was opened beside him as he was unpacking it.

                “Um…hello..?” Zelo muttered.

                The student slowly opened an eye to look at him. When he realized it was probably his roommate, he sighed in relief. “Gosh… I thought this building’s going to collapse…” He rubbed his chest to calm himself.

                Zelo shrugged before throwing his luggage on the floor and dove into the vacant bed. “Urgh…I’m so tired…”

                “A-Are you…a new student here?” The student asked timidly.

                “Of course I am…” He retorted lazily.

                “But you missed the orientation week. I thought you’d never come.”

                “Well I’m here now. And don’t ask why. I have my reasons,” Zelo turned to lie on his side and propped his head with a hand. “So, name’s Zelo. You?”

                “Zelo..? That’s your real name?” The other asked curiously.

                “None of your business. Now tell me yours,” said Zelo bluntly.

                The student was a bit flabbergasted by that but he replied nonetheless. “M-My name’s Jung Daehyun. You can call me hyung.”

                “Hyung?” Zelo arched up an eyebrow because he thought the other was at the same age as him.

                Daehyun nodded. “Yeah. I’m in the second year.”

                Zelo sat up on his bed and crossed his legs to have a good check on Daehyun. The guy had large glasses on his small face with button nose and plump lips. His ears were quite big too. He actually looked adorable but of course Zelo wouldn’t say it out loud.

                After he had done scanning Daehyun from head to toe, Zelo finally voiced out his thoughts. “Are you sure? ‘Cause you don’t look like one.”

                Daehyun pouted at Zelo’s statement. “Everybody said that. Do I look like a kid or what?”

                “You look like you’re retarded.” He said in monotone, making Daehyun gasped like a fish out of water.

                “Rude!” Daehyun yelled before turning to sit in another direction. He continued to unpack his things with an angry pout on his face.

                Zelo shrugged his shoulders. His eyes wandered around the room, getting the mood to live in it after this. “Is that yours?” He pointed to a small teddy bear in army uniform near the headboard of Daehyun’s bed.

                Daehyun quickly turned around to register the thing Zelo meant. It was his stuffed bear. His lips immediately pulled into a wide smile as he stretched his body to grab it. “Uh-huh. Isn’t he cute??” He showed it to the other, looking very happy like he had not been angry at all just now.

                “Nah. I’m cuter,” Zelo answered nonchalantly although he was amused by Daehyun’s sudden change of mood.

                Daehyun turned sour again. He puffed his cheeks and turned back away while mumbling something like “He’s not cute. My Keke is cuter.” With that, Daehyun put his teddy bear on his lap to continue his work.

                Zelo smirked when he saw Daehyun easily got annoyed by him. “Maybe it won’t be so boring here,” He thought before plopping down on the bed once again.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                “Aren’t you going to unpack your things?” Daehyun asked after he had done with his. But Zelo wasn’t responding. He was too immersed with his phone and earpieces.

                Daehyun huffed as he sat on his bed facing the younger. “Zelo! Zelo!! Zelo!!!” He called louder and louder but there’s still no response. He took a deep breath before trying again. “ZELOOOO!!!!!”

                “What?!” The said guy finally snapped his head to him in irritation, tugging on his earphones harshly.

                Daehyun flinched by the sudden shriek. “A-Aren’t you…going to unpack…?”

                “That’s it?” Zelo rolled his eyes. “I’ll do it anytime I want. It’s not that I’m going to stay here for days. But years!”

                “That’s why you need to settle down now. You might be busy with your study after this and I don’t want this room to be a mess. We’re sharing a room, remember? You have to be considerate to your roommate…”

                “Alright, alright!” Zelo got off the bed to take a luggage from the floor. “Damn, he talks a lot,” He mumbled while opening it on his bed.

                Scooping the bundle of clothes in his arms, he quickly went to the wardrobe before throwing them inside. Then, he took another luggage.

                Daehyun stared with wide eyes. “What are you doing?!”

                “Unpacking,” Zelo replied nonchalantly.

                “Really? That’s how you do it?” Daehyun asked in disbelief.

                “What? I’m going to wear it anyway.”

                Daehyun shook his head. “That won’t work,” He went to the wardrobe and sat in front of it. “I bet you never done this before, right?” Taking the thrown clothes back, he folded the unfolded ones and began to arrange them neatly.

                “Nope,” Zelo said.

                “You must come from a rich family,” Daehyun guessed and Zelo shrugged. “Come here and help me.”

                The younger sighed as he sat next to Daehyun.

                “Here, fold this back,” Daehyun handed a shirt to the other.

                “Um…o…kay…” Zelo fumbled with the piece of cloth and he managed to do it, wrongly.

                “Seriously?” Daehyun looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. He then took another unfolded shirt. “Watch and learn,” He said before showing the right way to fold it.

                “Wow, it feels like I’m taking home economics,” Zelo commented but he followed nonetheless.

                “What about ironing? You know how to do it?”

                “I think I know,” Zelo admitted with his smug face.

                Daehyun scoffed. “Yeah, right. I need to teach you that too before you burn down the whole dorm.”

                “What if you do it and I’ll pay you,” Zelo offered.

                “Excuse me?” Daehyun’s eye twitched in annoyance. “Do you think I’m here to take a part time job? I’m here to study. I’m not one of your old maids. I’m your roommate!”

                “Sounds the same to me,” Zelo mumbled as Daehyun continued to blabber.

                Taking another shirt from the wardrobe, a black small thing suddenly leapt out of it, making Daehyun screamed in horror. “Arghhh!!! The is that?!?!”

                The cloth was thrown away somewhere as he unconsciously jumped onto the younger, hands clutching tightly to the shirt at Zelo’s chest.

                Surprise by the sudden attack from his new roommate, Zelo was frozen in his spot. “Umm…I don’t know. A spider I guess…?”

                “S-Spider…? No… Could you please…kill it for me…?” Daehyun looked up pleadingly with his watery eyes, almost too close to Zelo’s face.

                Zelo gulped down to remove the lump in his throat. That face is illegal for school boys like them, he thought. “Umm…” He looked to the left and right behind the elder. “I don’t see it anywhere…”

                “Don’t joke with me! It must be near!” Daehyun yelled although he was too afraid to move a muscle because of the small eight legged animal.

                “But there’s nothing. Maybe it has sneaked into your shirt.”

                Daehyun’s eyes bulged out. He could feel every hair on his body stood straight and he immediately got up to wriggle around. “Get it off! Get it off!”

                Zelo laughed. “Yah! Yah! Stop squirming!” He stood up and held both of Daehyun’s hands. But the other was still thrashing like a maniac. Zelo tightened his grip as he was getting annoyed with it. “Stop! It’s dead!”

                Daehyun stopped moving, searching for the taller’s face. “Really?” He asked through his panting.

                Zelo pursed his lips. “No. Not really. I just said that to make you stop dancing like a drunkard.”

                Daehyun gritted his teeth with anger and wanted to flail his body again. Zelo was fast to get a hold of him. “But I think it has run away. Because of your high-pitch screaming,” He remarked and Daehyun scrunched his face. “Is it always going to be like this in this room? ‘Cause I have to get used to it,” He smirked, leaning closer to tease the other.

                Daehyun instantly backed away and snatched his hands from the younger’s grip. “Don’t make fun of me,” He warned with a glare as he pushed his glasses back up. “That’s why I told you to be neat. Creatures like that exist! Let’s continue our work now.”

                The older of the two went back to his initial place, more careful this time while Zelo just watched him in amusement, a chuckle involuntarily escaped his mouth.

 

(。◕‿◕。)

 

                After finishing what he called a home economics class from a second year student, Zelo immediately crawled onto his newly made bed. Daehyun did teach him how to put the sheets too.

                “I’m completely totally really tired right now,” He muttered.

                “What tired? I’m the only one doing all the works!” Daehyun complained as he stood between their beds.

                “Yeah, yeah. I thank you.”

                “It’s supposed to be thank you, hyung,” Daehyun corrected.

                “Whatever, roommate,” Zelo replied lazily with closed eyes.

                “It’s hyung! Hyung!” Daehyun repeated but the younger ignored him. He sighed. “Aren’t you going to eat?” The time was already 6 p.m. His friends must have waited for him at the cafeteria.

                “I’m not hungry.”

                “Don’t you want to take a look around the school? You know classes start tomorrow right?”

                “I’ll do it tomorrow then. Just go and leave me alone,” Zelo said before pulling the blanket over his head.

                Daehyun shook his head, hoping that this year wouldn’t be so bad for him.

 

(。◕‿◕。)ノ

 

 


 

omg I didn't expect such a great response from you guys! I love you!!! (人´∀`)♥

I hope you like the first chap. I'll work harder on the next chapters :)

Thank you so much to the upvoters, subscribers, commentors, and readers! I reall appreciate it! And I really mean it ^^