Hair Dye

My GDxCL One-Shot Series
 

Hair Dye

Requested by: No one

Characters: Kwon Jiyong, Lee Chaerin , Choi Seunghyun & Park Bom

A/N: I was writing my next chapters when I was just suddenly hit by a writing bug while I had some time to spare. Inspired by Akdong Musician's "Hair Part" I love this song. THANK YOU FOR THE UPVOTES GUYS.(*¯︶¯*)

 


 

Chaerin woke up that morning feeling ready. Ready to tackle the last school day of the week without any worries or problems at all; it was all about to end and summer was going to be really great this year. Spending it in Paris with her family was exciting and it made her smile to herself eager to get there.

She was sitting in her usual spot at the back of the bus, earplugs shoved into her ears and happily bobbing her head to the music. She looked outside the window passing building after building.

No way was she going to let her new hairdo, a blonde muck of a mess as she called it, impede her imminent vacation. Bom, her best friend, read the box of dye wrong, or so she says and Chaerin cursed the woman to no end for making her hair lighter than she had anticipated.

“LOOK AT ME BOMMIE~! YOU EXPERIMENTED ON ME! I LOOK LIKE A ING CORN ON THE COB!” Chaerin screamed at the top of her lungs as soon as they had washed it off.

“Hey! Corn sounds good right about now.” Bom’s face lighting up at the thought of eating again.

“Focus! I can’t go to school tomorrow looking like a ing K-Pop Idol! How could you mix up brown and blonde is beyond me!”

“Baby Rin you look so fabulous. Trust me.” Bom reasoned putting her hand on her hip, "You said you wanted change."

"Not this much of a change!" Chaerin groaned.

“Rin mom says stop wi–” Seunghyun her big brother popped his head out of nowhere with an ice pop in his mouth, “Hey you look pretty good, a little less of a dork than usual.” He remarked and she could’ve sworn she saw Bom snigger.

“I told you it looks great! Besides it’s gonna be the last day of school anyway, no one’s gonna notice.” Bom shrugged before entwining her arm with Seunghyun’s asking for an ice pop too, adding aegyo that made Chaerin cringe. For a moment she forgot that they’re together.   

She sighed thinking of all the taunting she’s gonna get for seeming like a wannabe. She hated standing out. So much so that even though her brother and best friend were two of the school’s hottest heartthrobs and were dating, she preferred to hide behind huge physics books and her square rimmed glasses.

A wallflower; that was who Lee Chaerin was and she preferred it that way.

So this new blonde hair was going to make her stick out like a sore thumb and would give people reason to pick on her more than usual.

She found resolve in the matter to just ignore the snide remarks like she always did and hide under her hoodie. Just be invisible, she chanted to herself;

“I like your hair!” A voice next to her said aloud, it was muffled to her as she had earphones on so she pulled one of her earplugs out and asked turning towards the person;

“What?”

“I said I like your hair.” He repeated in a much lower tone and with a small smile creeping to his lips but still facing forward, not sparing her a glance. Chaerin couldn’t believe it; she couldn’t believe this man was actually talking to her.

He was the most popular guy in school.

And she means; 1st place talent show winner, captain of the football team (the round ball kind), Spring Fling King, Prom King, all girls die over him kind of popular.

Kwon Jiyong.

Chaerin stared at him for a few moments not sure if he was real or just one of her morning-ride-to-school daydreams.

“Me?”

The only thing she could bring herself to say as she was still recovering from shock. Jiyong chuckled a little as he could see in his peripheral vision that Chaerin couldn’t hide her disbelief with still agape;

“Yeah, you.” He said turning to give her a sweet smile. “You changed it.”

She felt her stomach churn, she’s always had a crush on him and now he was smiling at her. Something she’s only actively fantasized about for two years of high school. Then in one fell swoop Chaerin thought that maybe it was a just a build-up to a nasty comment so he could joke about her hair.

“I..uhmm..I did, yeah.” Chaerin mumbled.

Although she’s never heard Jiyong make fun of anyone; she eyed him, because maybe her hair was that bad and she would be the first person he would be tormenting ever.

“It’s nice.” He nodded towards her; she waited for the teasing to come.

But then Jiyong reached for the top of her head to pull down her hood. And without warning he ran his finger through her hair then swept her blonde locks to the right parting it on the side in the process;

“Although I like it parted on the side. It suits you much better.” He intoned, then he gave her his signature gummy grin, “I hope I’ll get to sit next to you on the bus again next year. Enjoy your last day of school and your summer Chaerin.” before grabbing his red backpack and climbing out of the bus.

"Hey! Are you getting off here like your classmate or what? You're gonna be late!" Hollered the bus driver.

Chaerin sat in her seat, eyes wide open, still flabbergasted at what happened. Bom was absolutely wrong, someone did notice and he’s always noticed. 

 

– END –