Birthday Photo Booth

My GDxCL One-Shot Series

 

Birthday Photo Booth

 

Requested by: jowitka001

Characters: Kwon Jiyong, Lee Chaerin, Lee Soohyuk, Park Bom, Dara Park & Gong Minji

A/N: TWO PART ONE SHOT. I know this is two days late but I got sick last monday, actually I'm still pretty sick. I was planning on releasing one of my two new stories on Ji's birthday plus this birthday one shot but things came up so I had to change things up. Mianhae. This and everything I write is not my take on what happened or is happening, I write for entertaiment purposes only..o(⊙o⊙)

 

 

“So what’s the big emergency?” Bom asked plopping onto the stool in front of the kitchen counter as soon as she entered Chaerin’s apartment.

“Jiyong’s birthday.” Dara answered in a squeaky voice, she was situated across the room on one of the sofas with her legs propped up against the wall. “Little miss perfectionist is planning to throw a whole shindig on behalf of Mr. G-Dragon tonight.” She added after having a go at the helium from a balloon again.

“I didn’t know she was the one who was planning something?” Bom asked.

Minji who was counting the cans of silly string in a box next to her chimed in;

“Oh she’s planned it for weeks but didn’t think of telling you because you’ll be the first to object. What I don’t understand is why bother? They seem so awkward for the past few weeks.” She said sitting down on the stool next to Bom. “That’s why we texted you. We should tell her to back out now.”

Dara walks over to the counter with a groggy look a deflated balloon dangling from ; “Don’t even bother. I tried talking her out of this, it didn’t work. It made her remember to get a ing cake & rent a photo booth.”

“Unnie the “Happy Birthday” sign is tangled all around your neck!” Chaerin screeches as soon as she walked in seeing the strung letters sagging around Dara’s shoulders.

Bom shook her head; Chaerin was only setting herself up for disaster.

Things have been very awkward between the two leaders after Jiyong had accidentally overheard Chaerin blurt out that she had feelings for him when Bom & Tabi were teasing her. Jiyong became distant straightway and the extreme closeness between them fizzled in the last few weeks.

Idiotic in Bom’s opinion but she can’t control Jiyong’s dumb actions nor could she control Chaerin’s. But that won’t stop her from speaking her mind.

“Baby Rin why didn’t you tell me you planned all this?”

“Unnie, don’t start. This has nothing to do–”

“It has everything to do with what he heard. He’s being a jerk, why should he get a party?” Bom said hand on hip. “If he cares about your friendship at all, nothing should change between you two even if he doesn’t feel the same.”

Chaerin considers her unnie for a bit. She truly does appreciate the loyalty and concern that she’s showing her, but this was between her and Jiyong.

“It’s nothing like that unnie, please don’t misunderstand him.” She said placing a hand on Bom’s shoulder. “He’s being a guy. Besides we all know he just got out of a relationship and is probably overwhelmed."

Bom rolls her eyes at her. “That was so 5 months ago. He’s already over that.”

“It’s not a big deal. Just a nice thing I could do for a friend because I feel bad for putting him in an awkward position.” Chaerin chuckles at a scowling Bommie.

“He’s the one who should feel bad; he’s being such an .” Bom muttered under her breath.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s his prerogative what he does with the information he got.” Chaerin shrugged as her Dara unnie twirled around to get out of the string’s hold with her help. “And it looks like he’s also acting on his prerogative to not go to the party.” She said with a small smile.

“What?!”

Chaerin felt her heart sink. As soon as she read the SMS from Jiyong that he won’t be able to attend the party she planned all for him, she felt her hands suddenly become clammy with unease.

He’s going to Japan, good for him. She smirks.

“He sends his apologies to everyone.” Chaerin says as she sent him a reply; "Happy for you. Advance HBD. Have fun."

It was only a matter of time before they got back together anyway; he was working so hard at it. He longed for her so much that sometimes when they were at the studios Chaerin would catch him skimming through photos of him and Kiko on his phone. He was so desperate to let her go that after seeing a picture he would delete it.

Then again knowing him, he would’ve saved them all in his hard drive anyway. She was witness to his struggle. Witness to the unbearable struggle of push and pull which she somewhat shared with him because she would do the same with their pictures together.

Damn it, she should’ve buried her stupid feelings deep in her heart. She could’ve kept it until her deathbed.

But now what she regretted the most was how things have changed between them in a matter of weeks. It wasn’t such a huge crush after all, wasn’t it? She wondered how come when Teddy found out about her crush on him, they didn’t let it bother them. Things stayed the same between them.

She shrugged. She doesn't know anymore, maybe she and he weren’t as close as she had thought.

But she really misses him, she really does.

“Screw him! I say let’s continue with the party but just change it to a purging, cleansing you of your infatuation.” Dara said throwing the Happy Birthday sign down on the ground and stomping on it. “Chae you told me the other day Soohyuk finished filming his drama already.”

“Great idea unnie. And Chae unnie if you don’t want Soohyuk oppa I’ll have him.” Minji jokes clapping her hands excitedly.

“I’m sorry guys but I don’t really feel like going out anymore.. I should just..” Chaerin tried her best to smile encouragingly when her words got caught in . “I should just get some sleep. I’ve been low on it for days anyway.”

All three girls looked to her with concerned eyes and she knew it, so she put her leader mask on as she usually does and giggled;

“Oh c’mon you three stop looking at me like that. I’ll just call the club manager and cancel the photo booth then we’ll get going. I feel like sleeping at the dorms with you girls tonight.”