Sunset

My GDxCL One-Shot Series

 

Sunset

Requested by: No one

Characters: Kwon Jiyong, Lee Chaerin , Choi Seunghyun & Park Bom

A/N: This is a sequel to Hair Dye. I've been thinking of a sequel and this popped up in my head suddenly last night. Kkkk~ I wanted it to be in Paris but I changed my mind. I'll be gone for a week so I'll update my other fics then. Hope you guys like fluff.(*^▽^*) 


 

“.”

Chaerin curses under her breath as she sat on a park bench a couple of streets down her house.

The lush trees and bushes that surrounded her rustled. Their green hue slowly being tinged by the orange flecks that were peeking through the horizon as the sun set on her neighborhood. She usually watches the sunset here right after a day at school because it relaxes her.

“ those ing Iljins.” She grumbled. The bully squad at her school lead by her arch nemesis Lee Seunghyun was extra annoying at class today because of her new blonde locks. Lucky for them today was the last day of school. “I’m going to ing kill him once next term starts.”

The day she just had was like hell for her, everywhere she went, people kept pointing and staring at her. Their whispers not falling on deaf ears as she had initially planned. But Seunghyun or “Seungri” as he would like to be called was relentless in calling her a “wannabe” and a “poser”, only to name a few.

Chaerin usually ignored them and in turn they ignored her.

But when they start she sometimes bites back, and if she does it was much to their dismay. Ha. He probably thinks he can all over her now that her big bro-bro Seunghyun (yes, unfortunate coincidence) & bestie Bom are graduating.

By the time she deemed it was time to go home, she had been officially greeted by the night sky with the gentle glimmer of the stars above her. She made the trek over to her residence just in time for dinner, she thought.

Just as she made her turn a silver cab pulled up in front of her house with three figures emerging from inside of it, 2 of which she recognized immediately and frankly expected, but the other taking her by surprise;

“Kwon Jiyong..?”

Then she saw her brother being aided by Bom and Jiyong as he tried to disembark the vehicle a pained look evident on his handsome face, with their mother opening the gate in haste.

“What happened to your leg?” Chaerin asked in panic as she approached her brother who had his foot in a cast. She’s never seen anything like this happen to him. Her brother has always been the image of either cool or juvenile immaturity, but seeing him in pain was not a pretty picture.

“He fractured his ankle bad. We were playing football when it happened.”

“C’mon Jiyong let’s hurry and bring my baby Tabi inside. He’s so heavy.”

Dinner was awkward to say the least. Chaerin was made to sit a foot apart from the only crush she has known since 3rd grade, not counting 1TYM’s Teddy Park.

She was stressing over this fact while watching Park Bom feed her boyfriend across the room who had full use of his arms anyway. Chaerin rolls her eyes at how sickeningly sweet they were being again.

But she had other things to worry about; like trying to act as casual as possible and pretending Jiyong’s not even there. This was a proving to be a difficult task because despite the feast her mom prepared for them; she could still smell his perfume. And he smelled damn fine, his sweaty football game with Seunghyun not of any significance whatsoever.

His delightful scent was not the only thing deterring her from an evening free of swooning over him. It turns out that avoiding any exchange of looks and any skin-to-skin contact with Jiyong was just as hard.  He would keep asking for a random side dish and she would be compelled to pass it onto him.

Then when she had thought she was already out of her mind, he asked for the pickled radish for his 3rd helping and as soon as she passed to him; their eyes met. For that fleeting moment she thought she was in one of her daydreams again but Jiyong’s stare and his fingers that were delicately resting on top of hers was real. It was real just like it was this morning.

This was definitely not a daydream.

Seunghyun who was sprawled on the couch cleared his throat at Chaerin;

“Ehem.. Oy Macaulay Culkin, pass the fish cake.”

 


 

The rest of the evening droned on much smoother as they gathered round the television, Jiyong sat on the floor his back resting on the couch that held the sleeping Seunghyun. It seems the day’s events tired him out, while Bom paid no heed to her own exhaustion and started to do her night ritual of pampering her skin. Yes, she practically lived with them since she and Seunghyun had been playmates since they were kids. While she has been Chaerin's bestfriend since the latter was a fetus and Bom was at the ripe age of 2.

Bom declared it.

They all watched intently the drama that Chaerin's mom was a big fan off and would not miss an episode for anything in the world. Chaerin however opted for the pages of the novel she’s been reading as her companion instead.

Jiyong tried to steal glances at her, every chance he could get. This time she seemed more relaxed while she curled up with her book, adjusting her glasses and her brows creasing with concentration. It was obvious that she was engrossed in her reading material and this was an image of her that he was happiest to see.

He smiles softly to himself; so adorable.

By the end of the evening Jiyong declares that he ought to get home or his sister will kill him. He bids them all farewell, before Chaerin’s mom suggests that Chaerin walk him out;

“Don’t tell hyung but I’m kind of glad that he got injured.” Jiyong jokes as they walked to the door keeping in pace with each other. It means you guys don't have to leave for Paris just yet.”

Unfortunately Chaerin did not crack a smile, why was this girl so hard to figure out, Jiyong asks himself.

The moment they stepped out a cool breeze came in and nipped at them; a quiet reminder to Jiyong of her unease towards him. He was determined to get rid of that though but that’s only if Chaerin would allow it.

“So how was the sunset today? Was it nice?” he asks her pleasantly making conversation; yes he knows she hangs out at the park too. “See I live in this neighborhood too, so I see you at the park all the time.” he explains to redeem himself when he stepped beyond the gate. Chaerin shifted nervously, her eyes as elusive from his as ever, maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all? 

“I hope you don’t think of me as a stalker after what happened this morning.” He mentions sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. He shoves his hands in his pockets and gives her a small smile;

“I just notice things about you and I can’t help it.”

A silence enveloped them, to be honest Jiyong didn’t know what he wanted her to answer; he just wants her to know. To know that to him she fails at being a wallflower, that he's always been there noticing her; no matter what she does she was not invisible to him. He just wants her to stop being so uncomfortable around him because he would really like it if they got to know each other properly.

“Well I’ll get going.”

“Don’t worry I don’t think of you as a stalker.” Chaerin says finally lifting her hazel orbs to meet Jiyong’s amber ones for the first time he's known her. “Next time just tell me if you want to watch the sunset together. I'll see you tomorrow, bye.” she croaks and smiles warmly at him, albeit briefly, before hurriedly closing the gate and running back inside the house.

Jiyong's lips curve into a wide grin as he turns happily on his heels; a warm fuzzy feeling swelling within his chest, he whispers;

“So very adorable~”

 – END –


 

A/N: My OTP is still alive in my heart because you can't deny their chemistry; I will not stop shipping them in my stories.(/◕ヮ◕)/  I'll forever support them with their chosen relationships until the end though. I emplore everyone to do the same. We buy their albums & music not their souls. Please bash no one as well as don't condone bashing of anyone. Let's just be happy for them.(^▽^)