Birthday Photo Booth Part 2

My GDxCL One-Shot Series

 

Birthday Photo Booth Part 2

 

Requested by: jowitka001

Characters: Kwon Jiyong, Lee Chaerin, Lee Soohyuk, Park Bom, Dara Park & Gong Minji

 


 

3/4 of a birthday cake eaten, the next day Chaerin got up with all of the girls already gone for their respective schedules. She thought this was a result of her good fortune; she wouldn’t have to deal with the sad eyes from any of them today of all days.

It seems that she mostly slept the whole day away. As though she tried to erase everything from her mind, everything that came before she wakes. If it were up to her she would stay in the apartment but she had to work. It was all right because again thanks to her luck she was going to be alone today.

No sad eyes for Lee Chaerin today.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” Bom said as soon as Chaerin entered the studio. “C’mon! It’s almost 9:00PM and we only have 3 hours.” She continued, pushing her leader out of the room followed by Dara and Minji.

“Did you really think we’re gonna let you sulk in that gloomy studio alone with reminding you of him?” Dara asked as soon as they got onto the elevator.

“Where–Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise unnie so close your eyes.” Minji smiled before blindfolding Chaerin.

Almost an hour of being driven to god knows where blindfolded would’ve scared anyone but Chaerin trusted her members explicitly with her life. So she wasn’t that bothered, except for the one instance when Bom kept nagging Dara as the latter drove. It was okay though because it made for good entertainment when you couldn’t see a damned thing.

When they arrived at their destination, Chaerin smiled a wide and happy grin when her eyes lay upon the place the girls had taken her.

It was small carnival.

“We felt like taking you out and we knew you didn’t feel like drinking.” Bom said placing her arm over Chaerin’s shoulders as they walked. “But that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun. So the carnival it is.”

“This was all my idea by the way. Since we reimbursed all that money for a party that never happened we put it to better use and rented out the place.” Dara boasted.

“No booze for a purging is a stretch in her opinion but hey it’s still a great idea!” Minji teased batting her eyelashes at Dara who gave her a slight nudge. “Look who joined us for all the fun too?”

Chaerin looked over to where she pointed and she saw the YGe staff who they spend most of their days anyway and one more person she was very pleased to see after a long time.

“Soohyuk oppa.” She greeted the 6 foot tall model walking over to him. “Hot shot model slash actor. It’s great to see you.”

“Great to see you too Rin.” Soohyuk smiled warmly with genuine joy pulling her in for a hug. “We have loads to catch-up on.”

Bom cleared , “We’re just gonna go on some rides, here are your passes.” She said handing them two cards and trying to hold back a squeal. “Take care of her Soohyuk-ssi. Remember we only have til’ 12AM.”

Chaerin didn’t know how cleansings worked but spending 3 hours catching up with Soohyuk joking around and riding a fair bit of rides with him felt really nice. Then maybe that’s how they worked; you weren’t supposed to notice the time that passes by as every old feeling was washed out of you. She wasn’t supposed to notice that this day was almost over and maybe, just maybe, things will work out for the best.

A clean slate she supposes.

“Chae let’s take a photo booth picture.” Soohyuk asks Chaerin putting his phone away pulling her to an old school photo booth that takes four frames of pictures in one strip.

“What for?” Chaerin giggles at his excitement.

Soohyuk bites his lip and nods his head toward the booth; “You can have the modern sticker picture one anywhere. But today is a really special day, you need to commemorate this.”

“Fine. But if we come out ugly I’m not showing it to anyone.” Chaerin points to Soohyuk when gestures for her to go in through the red curtain.

She settles in the seat made to fit two then to her disbelief the being that comes in after her and situates himself next to her was not Lee Soohyuk but Kwon Jiyong;

“Jingyo Oppa! What are you doing here?” she cries out in surprise. “You’re supposed to be in Japan.”

“I was. I got back as soon as I could.” Jiyong says almost panicked his eyes staring at Chaerin meaningfully while she looked away. He looked desperate as he seemed to be in a quandary taking her into his arms; “I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to the party you planned. I’m sorry for the way I acted when I found out.”

“Oh it’s okay, it wasn’t a–”

“I’m sorry for everything. I miss you, really I do but I still need to figure some stuff out.” He sincerely breathes. There was clear confusion and utmost uncertainty in his eyes and voice. He cups her cheek gently it to make her lock her eyes onto his. “And I’m asking you to wait for me. That’s the only birthday wish I have.”

His touch made her extremities tingle and their change in temperature was quick. Because for some reason the flow of her blood decided to concentrate all its efforts to that one organ in her chest.

She pauses and considers everything. Considers what changed, will change and why, before;

“I..I’m sorry but it’s not your birthday anymore.” Chaerin utters in almost a whisper as she felt the words strain against the back of before giving Jiyong a quick kiss on the cheek to say goodbye.

She didn’t know if whether or not it was the right thing to do, but when she stepped out of the photo booth and grabbed the black and white photo strip she saw that her kiss made it into the shot.

Chaerin knew that this was one photo they both won’t be able to easily erase.

 

– END –

 

 

A/N: This went longer than expected and I was planning on a fluffy version of this initially but as you know circumstances change and I went with the flow. LOL~ don't kill me.└(^o^)┘ hopefully my next post would be a fluffy one. Now tell me your thoughts about things..