Musical Chairs

My GDxCL One-Shot Series

 

Musical Chairs

Requested by: anonymous

Characters: Kwon Jiyong/ G-Dragon, Lee Chaerin/ CL, Kang Daesung/Daesung, Dong Youngbae/ Taeyang, Sandara Park/ Dara & the rest of YG Family

A/N: The anon was probably my sister (of course it wasn't.XD) because we were literally talking about this when we saw this GDYBTOPCL IG video walking through airport security or something for the YG Family Concert in Tokyo.

 


 

“Switch seats with me bro.” Jiyong whined into Youngbae’s earphones clad ears. He’s been saying the same damn thing for almost 45 minutes now; that was counting the ride over to the airport.

Youngbae just gave him a blank stare and visibly increased the volume on his phone to make his point that he was in no way switching seats.

Realizing that he was not getting anywhere with this; Jiyong decided to drop it. Just then a glimmer of hope walked past him in the lounge area in the form of Chaerin’s best friend Dara.

“Dara Noona. I need to ask you a favor.” He called after her.


*After a while..*


Jiyong was the first one to sit himself in the airplane and he was excited. He may have not shown it on the airport pictures because of Youngbae’s constant refusal to exchange seats, but he was excited now.

He’s been noticing Chaerin more than a little sister lately; the more they hung out at the studio together. And during his depression for the past few weeks, their late nights were spent together a lot more than usual.

Something Jiyong assumed to not sit well with Youngbae after he had told him about his little crush this morning.

He wasn’t sure if Youngbae also had a crush on their not-so-little-anymore dongsaeng too or maybae he was just being an overprotective oppa and probably thinks he, Jiyong, was taking advantage of a clueless Chaerin.

One thing was for sure; Youngbae wasn’t going to keep her away from him this time because he will be sitting on Chaerin’s other side thanks to Dara. He hasn’t seen her much in a week; being busy with the tour and all so he wanted all the time with her he could get.

Jiyong congratulated himself for coming up with this plan by patting himself on the back.

“Oh, hyung? What are you doing here?” Daesung asked with his toothy grin sitting next to him on his right.

“Ya! I should ask you that. What do you think you’re doing?” as Daesung fastened his seatbelt and situated himself where Chaerin, at least where Jiyong thought she was supposed to sit.

“Fastening my seatbelt, what do you think?”

“No duh captain obvious. But why? That’s Chaerin’s seat.”

“Nope, this is my seat. I exchanged with Mino for the seat behind us, because I wanted to see the screen better. But Minji who exchanged with Chaerin earlier, so Chaerin could get the window seat; wanted to change seats with me to get Mino's seat to have choreography talk with Seunghoon & Hanbin.” Daesung explained.

Jiyong still had a confused look on his face. What the hell was this; “Musical Chairs”?

“So where the hell is Chaerin sitting then?” he questioned through gritted teeth not meaning to sound annoyed.

“Let’s see. After she got Minji’s window seat, TOP hyung exchanged his window seat with her to sit next to Bom noona. So she’s supposed to sit next to you. Which is why I was surprised to see you here.” Shrugged Daesung noticing people were starting to pour into the cabin.

Jiyong just face palmed himself internally; Chaerin was going to end up sitting next to him after all. Now all he has to do is find Dara to swap seats again and Chaerin will be all his for at least 2 hours and a half.

“Hey guys.” Dara said as she placed her bag on the seat next to Daesung, who asked;

“Wait noona, are you sitting there? I thought Youngbae hyung was sitting there?”

“Yeah, but he asked to trade seats with me for some reason. Sorry Jiyong, it was last minute, right after you asked me.” Dara said sheepishly with an encouraging look to Jiyong before opening the compartment right above her.

He sunk low in his seat. Why was everything not going well for him today? Did he do something so wrong that karma was picking on him? All he wanted was to sit next to Chaerin and smell her powdery sent. . It looks like he has it bad for this Gizibe.

Soon enough everybody else began to board the plane. So when Youngbae and Chaerin came into view and were laughing and smiling as they got themselves settled in their seats; Jiyong could only look on at the seat that was supposed to be his with a disapproving shake of his head.


*2 hours later..*


“Hyung. Wake up. We’re here.” Daesung nudged Jiyong to rise.

He decided to sleep his jealousy off during the whole flight, his music on full blast just so she couldn’t hear Chaerin’s giggles at Youngbae’s jokes. It was all getting annoying really.

As soon as they disembarked the airplane and gathered around to get instructions as to whom follows whom, Jiyong could still clearly see how Chaerin & Youngbae were whispering and giggling with each other even as everyone started walking into immigration.

“If Youngbae’s gonna me, so will I.” Jiyong murmured to himself.

“Crazy how Youngbae’s suitcase is tiny isn’t it?” he said out loud to Chaerin and placing his arms over Youngbae’s shoulders catching up to the two.

“I know. A tiny suitcase for a tiny man.” Chaerin teased with a laugh.

“Well it has something special in it Chaerin-ah.” Youngbae answered winking at her.

“I know.” She replied with a grin.

Damn it. Inside ing jokes? Really? Jiyong thought to himself rolling his eyes. He was about to change the topic when he was called by one of the managers leading him away from the two.

In the next half hour or so he wasn’t able to keep track of where the two were and he was the first one out of the airport and into one of the awaiting vans. It seriously ticked him off when he saw Youngbae with Chaerin and he was already formulating things to scream say to his best friend when he received a long text message.

HunChae: “Oppa let’s get drinks later just you and me at the hotel. I missed you and I’ve got loads to tell you.^.^ I thought you were going to sit at your original seat which is why I agreed to change seats with Tabi oppa but Youngbae oppa wanted to sit next to me to show his gift to Dara unnie. He told me he’s confessing tonight, but that’s a secret, so don’t tell anyone. He’s gonna be telling you all about it soon enough; act surprised, okay?”

Jiyong felt like a weight was lifted from his shoulders but then again he didn’t know whether to be elated because he’ll be spending alone time with Chaerin later or mad because his best friend Youngbae didn’t tell him about this romantic gesture.

As soon as Youngbae got in the van Jiyong felt one emotion; guilt for thinking his own best friend would ever him.

– END –