Chapter 4

Take Me Away

 

Both Kangin and Kyuhyun stood frozen in their spots. Kyuhyun stared at Kangin, hoping that he would show that he had a plan to get them out of this, but no such sign was given.

They heard keys hit a table and heard the boy walk towards the kitchen. At this, Kangin swiftly made his way to Kyuhyun, making sure to not make the floor squeak.

“I don't...” Kangin whispered. He had no idea what to say.

“What do we do?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I don't know.” Kangin said while frantically looking around the room, for what, he had no idea.

Suddenly they heard the boy's footsteps getting closer. They both paused and looked at each other.

They heard his footsteps getting closer and closer, and finally they heard the boy coming up the stairs.

They both moved quickly running around the room, trying to think of what to do. Kangin found the closet and grabbed Kyuhyun. He shoved him in before pushing himself in the closet as well. He pulled the door shut just in time before the boy walked in.

Through the shutters in the closet door, Kyuhyun could see Sungmin.

~~~~

When he walked in the room, Sungmin had paused and stared around his room. Kyuhyun thought they were going to get busted right then and there; but instead, Sungmin's gaze caught the picture frame Kyuhyun had dropped. Sungmin immediately rushed over to the fallen picture, picked it up and lovingly brushed off invisible dirt. He placed it gently back on his night stand in exactly the same spot it had been. Sungmin paused to look at the photo He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to the side.

“How did you get in the middle of the room?” He asked to no one.

No one ever went into his room, even Sungjin. And if he had knocked it off the night stand, himself, there is no way he would have left it in the middle of the room; it was the last picture taken of him with his twin; it was special.

He started turning in his spot to fully survey his room. He had suddenly gotten an uneasy feeling of being watched.

As Sungmin was looking around his room, he spotted the school paper Kyuhyun had dropped. He took another moment to ponder how it had gotten on the floor, before he forgot his thoughts and went to pick it up.

~~~~

When Sungmin had talked to himself, Kangin had frozen. 'He knows, the boy knows someone's been in his room,' he thought. When Sungmin started looking around his room, Kangin knew he needed a plan.

He had a plan, but it wasn't smart, thought out, and Kyuhyun would never agree to it. But when Sungmin bent down to pick up the piece of paper, Kangin knew it was his only chance.

Without even giving a hint to Kyuhyun as to what he was going to do, Kangin burst out of the closet.

~~~~

Before he could even look behind himself, Sungmin was tackled by Kangin. He screamed at first, but, even in a state of panic, in the back of his head, he knew no one was going to hear him, or care; so he stopped yelling.

Kangin held him down well enough. Sungmin put up a bit of a struggle, but Kangin was much larger and stronger that him. Sungmin never had a chance.

Kangin got Sungmin pinned down on his stomach and held his hands behind his back.

“Get rope or something!” Kangin yelled to Kyuhyun who had remained frozen and wide eyed in the closet that was now wide open.

At that Sungmin looked towards his closet to see Kyuhyun. They made eye contact, and Kyuhyun could have sworn he saw Sungmin give acknowledging sigh.

“Get ing rope!!” Kangin screamed as he put his full body weight on Sungmin's to keep him from moving.

That somehow snapped Kyuhyun out of his trance and he rushed over to the curtains. He took the curtain ties and brought them to Kangin.

“Here,” he said awkwardly.

“Can you ing tie his hands, please?!” Kangin yelled. He could see how flustered Kyuhyun was, but he needed him to snap out of it and help.

“Uhh...” Kyuhyun really didn't want to tie Sungmin up; the boy he had been watching from afar for the past few weeks. But he didn't want to displease Kangin at the same time, especially when he was like this. So Kyuhyun saw one option, tie Sungmin up. Once he finished, he backed away.

“Is it tight?” Kangin looked up to Kyuhyun, not yet letting go of Sungmin's hands.

“Mmhmm,” Kyuhyun said, his back now against the wall.

“Could you check to make sure, please?” Kangin said, once again trying to snap Kyuhyun out of this flustered state.

“Erm...” Kyuhyun mumbled before rushing over to Kangin and Sungmin once again. He pulled at Sungmin's hands to see if the knot would be easy to get untied. Once he heard Sungmin give a little hiss in pain, he immediately let go and apologized.

Kangin shot a look at Kyuhyun when he heard him apologize to the person he was holding hostage.

“What the hell?” Kangin yelled.

“...sorry?” Kyuhyun said, realizing he had just apologized to their hostage. He had backed his way up against the wall again.

“Stop ing apologizing!” Kangin yelled. He then turned his attention to Sungmin. He took his own turn to pull at his hands and make sure he couldn't get away. When Sungmin gave another hiss in pain, he just pulled harder.

“Ahh! Okay! I can't get out! Please just stop, that hurts!” Sungmin yelled from the floor. The rope was tied tight and when they pulled on his hands, it felt as if his wrist would pop out of place.

“Just...” Kyuhyun was going to tell Kangin to stop, but he knew better than to interrupt him now.

Kangin looked up at Kyuhyun and saw more than just flustered-ness, he saw a bit of fear...and compassion? It seemed to hit the soft spot he had in his heart, held solely for Kyuhyun. It made him take a break on his hostage.

“Fine! Get up!” He yelled to Sungmin. However, he never gave him a chance to stand up on his own, as he grabbed the side of his arms and lifted him up himself. He then forcefully turned him around and shoved him against the wall beside Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun stayed where he was and just watched what was playing out beside him.

Kangin held his hand around Sungmin's neck, not really applying too much pressure, just enough to make Sungmin know he was serious.

“If you make a sound or any ing sudden movements, I swear to god, I will kill you on the spot.” He growled in Sungmin's face.

Kyuhyun stared at Kangin, he wasn't normally like this...what was he thinking, Kangin was never like this. He would never kill anyone. Then again, Kyuhyun thought Kangin would never tie a stranger up in his own house...Kyuhyun was starting to feel a little fearful of his longtime friend. He never realized how unpredictable he could become.

Sungmin just nodded, not wanting to anger the man that held his neck.

“Good. Now walk.” Kangin said as he turned Sungmin out the door and shoved him into the hallway. “Get the rest of the curtain ties!” Kangin yelled to Kyuhyun who still stood in the bedroom.

“Mmhmm...” Kyuhyun responded. When he heard Kangin and Sungmin walking down the stairs, he let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

“What the is happening?” Kyuhyun said to himself. He was still flabbergasted at everything that had just taken place before him. He slid down the wall and curled in on himself. He sat there for a minute, clutching his knees and thinking of what he should do. He didn't want to hold anyone hostage, let alone Sungmin.

He didn't even want to go on this run that much. He had decided that this was to be his last run as he had grown bored of it. But this wasn't the change he wanted! He jumped when he heard Kangin yelling up at him from the first floor.

“Kyuhyun! Bring the ing curtain ties!” Kangin yelled as he held Sungmin in a chair he had found.

Kyuhyun quickly jumped up and rushed around the room gathering all the curtain ties. He almost tripped over himself as he tried to hurry down the stairs to where Kangin was holding Sungmin.

He saw Kangin poking his head out of the door that was under the stairs.

“Its a little storage area...with a desk, I guess.” Kangin said when Kyuhyun headed toward him. He moved to the side a bit so Kyuhyun could see inside the room, or closet, based on the size. It was slightly larger than an average walk-in closet. Just big enough to fit a small writing desk with a few drawers and a chair. A light switch hung from the ceiling just above Sungmin's head.

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who was seated in the chair, his arms had been maneuvered to make the back of the chair fit between his hands and his back. Kyuhyun tried to make eye contact and give off the apology he want to say to him, but Sungmin just kept his eyes down. One cheek was turning red; Kyuhyun assumed that Kangin must have slapped him. A wave of guilt flooded Kyuhyun.

He didn't move when Kangin ripped the curtain ties from his hand. He just kept staring at Sungmin while Kangin bent down to tie his legs to the chair.

Although his hair had become a mess and his cheek was reddening, Kyuhyun still saw how beautiful he was. Another wave of guilt washed over Kyuhyun.

Kangin walked out from behind Sungmin after tying his hands to the chair, as well.

“Watch him. I'm gonna find tape to make sure he doesn't make a sound.” Kangin said as he brushed passed Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun didn't even make a sound of acknowledgment, he only kept staring blankly at Sungmin.

When Kangin was out of earshot, Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun.

“Why are you doing this?” Sungmin asked him, tears could be seen in his eyes; however, Sungmin was determined not to let them fall in front of his captors.

Kyuhyun didn't know what to say. It was the first time he had heard the boy from the cafe speak to him, and it was in this manner. This wasn't at all about how Kyuhyun had imagined their lives together.

“Please let me go. You can take everything. I won't even tell anyone. I promise. Just please don't hurt me,” Sungmin was determined not to cry, but in these circumstances, he wasn't above begging. “Please just let m...”

He shut up immediately when Kangin appeared behind Kyuhyun with a roll of tape.

“Tape his mouth shut. I'm gonna look in the back of the house and make sure everything is locked and alarmed,” Kangin said. He shoved the roll of tape into Kyuhyun's hands. Kyuhyun took the tape reluctantly.

When Kangin left to secure the house, Kyuhyun turned his attention back to Sungmin.

Sungmin was looking up at him, silently begging him to let him free.

Kyuhyun took a small step forward. He couldn't deny Kangin, but he didn't want to tape Sungmin's mouth shut. He took another step forward.

“Please,” Sungmin muttered. Although his tears were not falling, his cracking voice was giving him away.

Kyuhyun took a final step forward and started pulling a piece of tape. He couldn't deny Kangin.

“Please...I recognize you,” Sungmin rushed out, hoping it would help his cause.

Kyuhyun paused, ripped piece of tape in his hand.

“Yes, I recognize you... Y-you sit on the bench in the park everyday. You're there when I go into work, and you're still there when I leave. Everyday.”

Kyuhyun just stared. Sungmin had noticed? Kyuhyun didn't know whether he should be thrilled that he had noticed and recognized him or go hide under a rock for the same reason.

“Please just let m...” Sungmin tried again.

“Kyuhyun! Are you done? Come into the kitchen!” Kangin yelled a few rooms away.

Kyuhyun jumped at the unexpected call and hurried his actions.

“I'm sorry,” were Kyuhyun's first words to the boy he had imagined the rest of his life with.

“Ple...” was all Sungmin could get out before Kyuhyun put the tape over his mouth.

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry,” Kyuhyun kept repeating.

“Kyuhyun!” Kangin yelled again.

Kyuhyun was so flustered and torn between staying with Sungmin and going to Kangin.

He couldn't deny Kangin...at least not yet.

“I'm sorry,” he said one final time before shutting the door on Sungmin and rushing to Kangin.