Chapter 1

Take Me Away

 

“That's the house,” Kangin said while pointing through his windshield. “They are going on vacation. We'll hit it tomorrow.”

Kyuhyun nodded his acknowledgment. “How much do you think is in there?”

“I don't know. I've been watching them for a while, and they seem wealthy enough. It doesn't matter too much, but they seem ignorant as .” Kangin nearly spat out. He was the leader in this, he was the real one who was disgusted by how society was turning out; Kyuhyun was just in it for the thrill. It was exhilarating being in someone else's home, their safe haven, and ripping their safety net.

~

'We never steal.' That was the only rule. Kangin had persuaded Kyuhyun to join him in his escapades with that simple rule. Kyuhyun was not a thief; he had never broken one law since Kangin had known him. But Kangin could see something in Kyuhyun that Kyuhyun couldn't see in himself: he was itchingly bored with life; he needed to do something exciting or he was going to crack soon.

Kangin was the one who wanted to show these ignorant rich people that they are not safe behind their money. 'We never steal,' he had said. 'Just move stuff around, let them know someone was in their house. Scare them a bit. They need to learn that a big house and lots of things don't save them.' Kyuhyun being the uncaring man he was agreed instantly. 'Good, you can use something like this...we both could.' Kangin had ended before he left Kyuhyun to his thoughts.

~

“Who are they?” Kyuhyun asked in the car.

“Eh, Lee, I think? It's a mother, father, and two sons. The father is a lawyer and the mother teaches. The younger son just goes to school and to his friends. But the older son sneaks around a lot. The little bastard almost came up to my car one night.” Kangin said, dangerously wiving through the traffic.

“Is Leeteuk coming with us?” Kyuhyun asked. He snuck a peek at Kangin to see his reaction to his boyfriend's name; the two had not been getting along too well.

“No... He doesn't like me doing this.”

“I know, he nearly called the police himself when he came with us.” Kyuhyun said, shivering at how close they had come to being caught when Kangin was daring enough to bring his boyfriend along.

“Don't remind me. He said he doesn't care too much because we don't take anything, but he doesn't believe in the cause like you and I.” Kangin said, ignorant to Kyuhyun's actual severe lack of interest in the cause himself.

Kyuhyun grunted his agreement and continued staring out his window. He was once again bored with his life. Even breaking into people's houses and scaring the out of them had gotten too routine for him. He wanted something else in life, what he didn't know, yet.

“So I will pick you up tomorrow around 6. We can hang around until they leave. I think they are going to be away for about a week, but I just want to get it done.” Kangin said when he stopped in front of Kyuhyun's apartment.

“Sure. Whatever.” Kyuhyun said as he stepped out of the car. But he was forced to stop when Kangin roughly grabbed his arm.

“You're not going to back out on me.” Kangin said; it wasn't a question. Kangin was always a bit rough when it came to Kyuhyun. He treated him as his younger brother; his younger brother who was supposed to follow him anywhere and who he could boss around.

Kyuhyun pulled his arm back and closed the car door. “I would never do that,” he said through the open car window. He turned his back to Kangin and walked to his apartment. He sighed as he heard Kangin drive away; he didn't want to do this anymore. He wanted, no, needed something new. But he didn't want Kangin to think he was 'backing out' on him. He needed something to take him out of this routine he got himself into.