Ch.20

Light at the End of the Tunnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rainy day matched the mood perfectly, even if it was horrible weather for a funeral. The day had finally come to bury Key’s parents, there was not going to be a memorial service or anything, just the burial. He hadn’t even picked out nice headstones (well it was actually Jonghyun’s parents who had done so, since Key refused to take any part in this) that just said their name, date of birth, and date of death. They didn’t deserve anything fancier than that, which almost everyone had agreed upon.

The burial would take place in half an hour, so the adults went ahead to make sure everything was going okay. Minho had offered to drive his friends together, but before they went to the cemetery they stopped to go visit Taemin quickly. They were all standing around the small room, dressed in black wear and looking very out of place. But now a problem had arisen that they had not planned on. Key was refusing to go.

“Key, they were your parents,” Minho said, as they all were trying to convince him to go.

“I don’t care, I’m not going,” Key replied stubbornly, sitting on the edge of Taemin’s bed.

“You’ll regret not going, I know you will. You’ll stay up at night crying your heart out because you’ll feel so guilty that you didn’t go to your own mother’s funeral,” Onew said, none too kindly. Key shrugged and played with Taemin’s fingers. The latter was watching his friends, not sure what to say to help the situation. It seemed hopeless, because once Key set his mind on something then he stuck to it. There was no way they were going to get him to go. Their half-hearted attempts were absolutely futile.

“I don’t want to go,” Key said softly, looking at the ground. Truthfully, he was too scared to go. He didn’t think he would be able to take seeing his parents being lowered six feet into the ground without having a complete meltdown. He didn’t want his mother to be gone; he couldn’t go to the cemetery.

Jonghyun stepped forward and hugged Key from behind. He didn’t want to go either, but his parents were making him. But if Key wasn’t at the burial then there reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter