Vow

A Knight Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NIGHT BEFORE WEDDING

“You know, you got me worried for not showing up on the rehearsal” she just replies with cough. Right now, they are lying on mat in the park. Cake and other snack are spread on the picnic mat. They just lying there watching the stars and full moon shine to its fullest that night even when the weather broadcaster predict it’s going to rain tonight. “You look beautiful today and the other day” he said pulling her in a hug cuddling with her. She wear the same bridesmaid dress and get dolled up like on the pictorial day. “Why do you have to wear the dress now? I’m going to get married tomorrow” she let out a chuckle “I want to look beautiful on my day too” she said nuzzling her face deeper on his chest.

 

“What am I to you, Kai?” I asked and trying not to shake because the pain attacks again.

“Why so suddenly?” he chuckles. “Well, let see. You are my brother, my little sister. My tomboy, my savior and my family. You are in the list of the people I cherish the most. Come to think of it, I should say you are my everything, but since I’m marrying Lena, I’d save that for her” he chuckles and hugs me tighter in his embrace.

Silence strikes again as I struggle to fight the pain.

“Thank you” he said suddenly. “Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always standing up for me, protecting me. Thank you for still doing that and I hope I can do that for you when you need me too. Because you have sacrificed so much to me…”

I kept silent trying to hide the pain.

“Not trying to sound cliché but when I saw you the other day for the first time, getting dolled up and in a dress. I realized that you sacrifice yourself to be my savior, to protect me. So this time let me be the one who protect you. I want you to lean on me, even I will have Lena and my own children soon, I will keep protecting you”

I smile at his statement.

“You are the biggest thing happen to me before Lena and after my mother. That is how much you worth in my life” he said. As on cue, his wrist watch beeps indicating it reach 12.

“Happy birthday, precious” he said before kissing my crowns. “I love you…” he whispers low.

I have loved you too… since forever and will always love you

I reply in my head not wanting to show the pain I feel. I feel happy in his arms, hearing his confession. I feel loved in his embrace. He grew stronger and manlier. I know he will have no problem when I leave him later or maybe now because it hurt too much for me to even utter a word. I gather my last strength to look on his face feature. He looks so calm watching the star, appreciating it.

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you too…” she whisper slowly and slowly her heaving lids close. Falling into eternity slumber in her first love embrace without him knowing. She slips away in peace, smiling without Kai realizing it; she has taken her last breath.

Goodbye, Kai

“I know one of your secret that I keep till today, but I think I need to tell you now” he said while counting the star. “I catch you wearing tiara that you despise when we were in high school. You look so happy and beautiful. I think I am the reason you are what you are but not anymore. I want you to be the princess you always wanted to be and I will be the one who will stand up for you from now on. I will be your knight like how you used to be mine” Kai avert his gaze from the night sky to his beautiful sleeping face of a friend. “You fall asleep while I’m talking. I bet you tired from those things huh?” he kissed her forehead and starts to wonder is it the weather or his friend is in cold.

He watches her sleeping feature and his heart ache a little even he himself don’t know why. What he didn’t know and notice is God has taken back his knight. That is when Lay come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter