Knight

A Knight Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Cherish your moment…” the person who she supposed to hate whisper tenderly into her ears.

“How much time left?” she asked calm.

*******************************************************

“You’re a big boy now, Kai. It feels like yesterday I help you from the thugs from the pre-school and now you are getting married” she said jokingly. “At least, I’ll settle down. How about you? You don’t even seem to care to find your soul mate” I back and earned a good punch on my shoulder before I notice a glint of sadness in her eyes. I look at her and watch tears gathered on her eyes, she’s about to cry. That is what I know but why is the question right now. I thought she should be happy with this good news. “Don’t look at me like that…” she said trying to avoid eye contact with me. I don’t like seeing her like this; never in my life had I seen her cry.

With intention to comfort her from whatever grief she is facing, I pull her head and let it rest on my shoulder. “You okay?” she let out laughter, fake one at that and shrug her head. “I’ll get lonely without you…” she whisper and a heavy cough following after. I rub her back hoping it will make her better. Her cough never seems to go away, this is what I notice but I brush it away thinking that it is normal. “You didn’t go to the doctor” I said matter of fact, knowing this kid won’t go even if she is dying. “I take cough syrup” she said coughing softly and rubbing her chest, trying to soothe the cough.

 “After this your wife will fully take control of you, she might forbid our friendship too” she jokes trying to change the subject. “You’re lonely aren’t you?” I . She put her head at my shoulder once again at this “When are you getting married?” she asked changing the subject again. “Next year. Mom plans to make it on your birthday since you are not getting married at least you are being celebrated too. Not feeling left out.” I said in a teasing tone. A little sob can be heard and I can feel the fabric on my shoulder which she lean on is wet. I brush her hair softly to calm her down. “I don’t want to let you go.” She said rather sad. I laughed at her statement

“You don’t have to. I will only get married. You were making it sounded as if I’m dying.”

That is when the sobbing gets harder…

 

5 MONTH TO THE WEDDING

“No! This would look better on her…” the soon wife to be shot, with a short (way too short) lacy white dress in her hand. “She can’t wear thing like that. She’ll be itching and can’t stay still plus it is too revealing. This would suit her better!” the soon husband to be shot, with a long plain white dress in his hand. The protagonist just shook her head. They are bickering because of her bridesmaid dress. “Stop it. Worry about your attire, I will take care of mine since it’s me who going to wear it” she said but being ignored by the bickering couple. The female shrugs her head and move to find her own dress. The couple keeps bickering over the dress until a male came in the scenario. Kai best man, Lay. “We okay here?” he asked. “Which one is better?” the couple asked in sync earning a laugh. Before Lay make his choice a voice can be heard.

“Guys, I like this one better” the female protagonist walk wearing her dress of choice. Knee length dress complimented wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter