I

Beyond the Borders

                     THE FUTURE

 

                                                                                                                     05:37 PM

                                                                                                                 February 5th, 2018

                                                                                                      Dongducheon, Gyeonggi Province

                                                                                                                  Republic of Korea

 

Exactly 1.826 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes and 5 seconds after we met.

 

               I was that lanky kid who sat in the back corner of the class with an awkward look on his face.

My eyesight was terrible, I couldn’t see anything clear for more than two meters long away, and looking up to the white board was troublesome for me. I hated it when my giant-like body had to be forced out of the crowd because apparently, I stood like a brick wall and the people who sat or stood behind me couldn’t see anything but my board shoulders.

I had to be escorted so that the other people could see, yet I was the one who didn’t able to do the same.

I was the lazy yet lovable son you’d see in normal households, I was basically useless. All I could do was rap like an African-American person, sang like I was a member of the local church and cooked stews.

 But my whole life, I have grown with extraordinary people surrounding me. My father’s family was so poor yet he managed to lead one of the biggest company in the province. My mother had been an orphan since she was two, but now she’s the most famous chef in my country. My sister? She’s the legendary journalist that every TV stations have been dying to have. Even my uncle is famous for his accounting skill.

But I wasn’t anything special.

And if I were to quote a sentence from an American novel, I’d say that if people were rains, I’d be a drizzle; small droplets falling onto the ground, falling unnoticed by the people bellow me. And then there’s you: You’d be a hurricane; the one that everybody is a aware of, the one that can change anything in seconds.

I was the rock that lied three kilometers away from the volcano. I was the stone that everyone stepped a foot onto but you were the volcano that they look up to in awe.

In here, you’d be the typical popular kid, the one that everyone loves to hate, yet they’re striving to be in the same shoes as you. I’d be the wallflower, the underdog, the one who is forgotten.

I was lower than a peasant while you were higher than a King.

I was nothing, and you were exceptional.

When you stay inside of a room full of awesome people-but yourself, you would feel as if a plastic bag has higher rank that you and I was like that.

I was plain, simple, ordinary, and boring.

But somehow, I have managed to save more than a nation’s life.

I am Park Chanyeol and by loving you;

I have changed the world.


a/n: the next chapters will be longer and not in a letter form. 

any comment will be welcomed as motivations for me to keep writing, lol

i dont have a beta so i apologize for any mistakes