Neverland (Part 1)

Welcome to Heaven's Gate (a U-KISS x After School drama)

Everybody has just arrived. Yoo Jin is the only one missing but no one is surprised anymore. She was always late and by the way, lucky that Mama was so clement about it. Between Juyeon and Kyung Jae, the mood is clearly more relaxed.

 

Kahi : Well, are you ready to rest this weekend?

Soohyun : What?

Ga Eun : You don't know? It's the yearly inventory of the club.

Kahi : By the way, I'm always assisted by a kurrofuku for this. So, this year... it wlil be Ki Bum. All the others are going to be able to take an advantage of it to rest and be back in full good shape next Monday. Ah, there's a call. Please excuse me.

Hoon : How am I going to do?

Jae Seop : What's wrong?

Hoon : That's Ara. She made a real fuss so I could leave her alone with Dong Ho. I told her I would stay here to help Mama with the club's accounts.

Juyeon : Maybe you can still ask to come and help Ki Bum.

Yoo Jin : Ping-pong!!!

 

Juyeon has a little start and turns around, surprised. Yoo Jin has just arrived, and, as if nothing, slipped herself to the couch where they are all sat. From behind, she had just pointed her two fingers on her working colleague's chest.

 

Yoo Jin : Juyeon eonni's s are quite firm. Is that silicone?

Juyeon : No, hormones. You know... I had a child.

Kevin : What? We didn't know about that...

Juyeon : Yes, sorry I didn't tell you. I thought it wasn't important you to know about it...

 

Her eyes are forking a few seconds to Kyung Jae, before looking back to them.

 

Juyeon : But I was wrong. My daughter's five. Her name's Lauren.

Kevin : Lauren? It's such a cute name.

Yoo Jin : Yeah well...

 

Yoo Jin is getting up and searches through her bag. She's taking many flyers printed on red paper out of it.
 

Yoo Jin : Hello, people! As this is the yearly inventory of the club this weekend, if my memories are good...

Bekah : They are. And that's quite a surprise.

Yoo Jin : Yeah, so it means we got a lot of free time, I have thought it would be a good idea if we have fun all together. So...

 

She's distributing her flyers, each for one.

 

Yoo Jin : The singer Miho Fukuhara gives a free gig in Shibuya on Saturday afternoon. She's a great folk, blues and gospel singer... I personally like her a lot! It would be the perfect occasion to do something cool between us all. Right?

 

As her distribution is over, she's going to hang herself at Hoon's neck. She's looking particularly excited in the sight of that gig with everyone.

 

Yoo Jin : I already know Hoonie is going to say yes. Aren't you?

Hoon : It's clear it's resolving my problem with Ara. It's good for me.

Yoo Jin : Oppa? It would be nice if you're not staying cornered, for a once.

Ki Seop : I'll come, I promise. And I'm not staying cornered.

Kevin : Lily will be pleased to go to a free gig. She likes it when it's free.

Yoo Jin : Oh great, great! Juyeon eonni?

Juyeon : I'm not too sure. Yeon Hee will be at her baito and I'm scared a gig to be too noisy for Lauren.

Kyung Jae : If she can't stand the music, we'll bring her to the closest mall. It's not a problem.

Juyeon : Let's say it's alright, then.

Soohyun : Can I... invite someone?

Yoo Jin : Anything you want.

Soohyun : I've got nothing in sight so it's alright for me too.

Jun : I want to come!

Lee Young : Me too. I'll come!

Bekah : I guess that... I can make a little effort to bear you all. Even if it would have arranged me not to see your faces of the weekend.

 

Yoo Jin had a smile because she knows even if  Bekah is acting detached, in fact, she really wants to come with them. Now it only left two persons...

 

Ga Eun : I'm sorry, Yoo Jin... I would have came with pleasure but it's the Comiket this weekend. My little brother has a stall and I promised him to come.

Jae Seop : In fact, I go with her. Ga Eun-ah doesn't know anything about manga but my own little brother is a fan.

Yoo Jin : Oooh, but it sounds like a date!

 

Ga Eun, embarrassed, wants to reply but Mama is back from her office and cuts her before she can.

 

Kahi : It's almost time... What if you go and get changed? You're not on weekend yet.

 

They're all getting up. To know that almost everyone will be there, Yoo Jin is more excited than before she arrived.

 

Yoo Jin : Almost everyone is going to be here, that's so cool! I think that's the most beautiful day of my life.

Lee Young : Nothing less? Isn't it too much as a reaction?

Ga Eun : Being too much has always meant being Yoo Jin. You should know now.

Yoo Jin : So, so, Ga Eun... Is that a date or not?

Ga Eun : Are you going to leave me alone with this?!

 

Intentionally set back from the others, Juyeon attracting Kyung Jae by his arm behind the herd.

 

Juyeon : Lauren likes you a lot. She can't stop talking about you. She even says that, latter, she would like to marry you.

Kyung Jae : Really?

Juyeon : Yes. You know... She's five and always lacked of male figures, so... Anyway, thank you.

 

She's pecking his cheek before joining the other girls. Though he knows he would like more from her, Kyung Jae was happy to see everything was back to good with Juyeon. Yoo Jin can't stop teasing Ga Eun under Lee Young's amused look and Bekah's more casual ones.

 

 

His five minutes of break were almost completely over and he hasn't called her yet. It wasn't that complicated... The problem was that when he got hired for that private viewing, she has become a costumer, and he shouldn't have intimate links with a costumer... But it wasn't an intimate link after all, it was only a friends outing.  Plucking up courage, Soohyun finally dares dialing Raina's number. A few ring are are resounding before she's hanging up.

 

Raina : Hello?

Soohyun : Raina?

Raina : Ah, Soohyun... It makes me really happy to hear your voice. How are you?

Soohyun : I'm fine.

Raina : What's wrong? Is there a problem with your cheque?

Soohyun : No, no. There's no problem with the cheque. He's passed. In fact... No, you surely are way too busy...

Raina : What? If you don't say anything, I can't guess what it's all about, neither giving you an answer.

Soohyun : This weekend... What are you doing this weekend?

Raina : Hum. On Sunday, I have to go to the church with my uncle, even if I hate Mass. On Saturday morning, I've got a meeting. I think that's all. Why? Something to propose?

Soohyun : Well, yes. It's.. We're going to a free gig in Shibuya with everyone. I thought it would be nice if you came with us too. Not as a costumer... as an acquaintance.

 

Jae Seop is stepping into the locker rooms. Apparently, he's looking for Soohyun.

 

Jae Seop : Soohyun, Mama wants to tell you that your break is over. There's a costumer waiting for you.

Raina : I'd be happy to go to a gig with you and everyone. What time shall we meet?

Soohyun : I'll send you a mail to explain everything if you want.

Raina : Alright, let's do this. I can't wait to be Saturday, then...

Soohyun : Yes. Well... Listen, I was having my break and it's over. I have to leave.

Raina : Yes, leave. I hang up. See you Saturday.

Soohyun : See you Saturday.

 

As she said, she's hanging up the first. Jae Seop is looking at his friend with a suspicious look.

 

Jae Seop : Who was it?

Soohyun : Oi, is that your own business? She's just a friend...

Jae Seop : Because now, you have girl friends. The one you were with at Daniel Henney's party? You last Monday costumer... Soohyun, it's wrong. You can't have such a relationship with a costumer. If Mama ever learns about it, you could be fired.

Soohyun : Listen, I know what I'm doing. I leave. You'd better not dawdle too long as well...

He's patting Jae Seop's shoulder before leaving. This one's sighing, rubbing his neck... He knows there's a problem with Soohyun's behavior but feels there's nothing special he could do about it.

 

 

They all have an appointment around 2 P.M, on the square where was the Hachiko statue. Walking on the run among the crowd, Lizzy is speeding up Kevin for him to hurry up. Even if she usually was early, Lizzy had taken her time today, since Livin, the cat she had with Kevin since High School, was ill. Now they were right on tome... And she was feeling embarrassed about it.

 

Kevin : There's no need going so fast, Lizzy...

Lizzy : Eh? Why do you say that? Just because it's the clique doesn't mean we can take our time.

Kevin : Yes but you don't know Yoo Jin. She's late everyday. Every single day!

Lizzy : It's no good reason. Your legs are tall, it means you can walk faster. Come on, move! By the way, look... They're already there. It's a lie when you say Yoo Jin is always late.

 

And indeed, on the square, sitting on a barrier in front of bushes, Yoo Jin is here with Hoon, talking. They're noticing no one is there except them. It was such a miracle since they both weren't famous for thei punctuality sense. Seeing them, Hoon and Yoo Jin are going their way. The both couples are hand in hand.

 

Kevin : I can't believe you're both already there.

Lizzy : Vinnie-chou is a scandalmonger. He said Yoo Jin-ah was always late.

Yoo Jin : Well, he's not completely wrong. I never been ponctual.

Lizzy : Oh, so... Mianhae, Vinnie-chou. Why are you here so early today?

Hoon : I almost have been thrown out by Ara! So, I obviously was here early. I have called Yoo Jin not to have to wait all alone for too long.

Kevin : The others aren't here yet?

Hoon : Kyung Jae has just called. He's arrivng with Juyeon and the little Lauren.

Lizzy : Who's Lauren?

Kevin : She's Juyeon-ah's daughter.

Lizzy : Juyeon-ah's got a daughter?

Yoo Jin : Well... Yeah.

Hoon : Here they come, by the way.

 

Indeed, they're both coming their way, with the little girl walking between them, holding their hands. For people around who didn't know them, they looked like a real family. They're greeting each other, then Juyeon squaters in front of Lauren.

 

Juyeon : Fraülien, say hello to Lizzy eonni, Yoo Jin eonni, Hoon oppa and Kevin oppa.

Lauren : Hello all the oppas and eonnis. Is there going to be more eonnis and oppas?

Juyeon : Yes, many others. But you already know all the eonnis.

Kyung Jae : I'm not sure. I think Soohyun has invited a girl.

Yoo Jin : Really? Cool! But there's someone who's going to be disappointed.

Kyung Jae : Are you talking about Bekah?

Yoo Jin : Herself.

Kevin : Speaking of the Devil...

Lizzy : Here are Lee Youngie and Jun too.

 

They're meeting and greeting. Lauren is acting shy, hiding behind her mother's legs but quickly, she's feeling at ease and ask climbing into Kevin's arms. Ki Seop is arriving, soon followed by Soohyun.

 

Hoon : It's rare you're so late. What did harmeoni do this time?

Soohyun : She wanted me to put on her brand new curtains, just when I was about to leave. One day, she's going to kill me!

Ki Seop : I think Bekah is looking very beautiful today, doesn't she?

Yoo Jin : (whispering) Good job, oppa! (louder) Yes, really beautiful. Right, Soohyun?

 

Surprised, he's turning around to look at Bekah, wondering why Yoo Jin suddenly talk about that. Bekah is slightly blushing and lowers her head. It was cute seeing her so shy, her who was usually very teasing.

 

Soohyun : Em. Yes, yes. For sure.

Juyeon : We're all here?

Yoo Jin : The gig is going to start very soon and I can see there already are a lot of people. I think we should be going.

Lizzy : Yes. The tall ones don't care but us small girls won't see anything if we wait for too long.

Soohyun : Wait. Er... Someone's missing in fact.

Jun : Who? We're all here since Ga Eun and Jae Seop are together at the Comiket.

Soohyun : Yes but I've invited someone else. She had a meeting before but I'm sure she'll be here very soon.

Jun : She?

 

Bekah's face darkened when he said "she" and darkens even more when the "she" is coming to them. Raina slowly and shyly going to meet the others who, once they're recognizing her, all are pretty surprised.

 

Raina : I'm sorry for being late. My meeting went on and on. I'm Project Manager so I can't slip away even if I want. Sometimes, I'd like to be able to do so, for sure. Did you wait long?

Soohyun : No, don't worry. Do you know everyone?

Raina : Yes. I think yes. Nice to meet you. And thanks for inviting me.

 

She's bowing to greet them. They're doing the same but keep their surprise to themselves. Raina is noticing Lauren and immediately, squaters in front of her.

 

Raina : Oh, you're so cute! What's your name?

Lauren : My name's Lee Lauren and I'm aready five.

Raina : Wow! You're a big girl. Guess what eonni got in her bag for you...

Lauren : Dunno.

Raina : Ta-dah! A strawberry-flavored lollipop. Eonni is strong, right?

Lauren : So strong!

Juyeon : Angelita, say thank you to eonni.

Lauren : Thank you new eonni.

 

Raina is getting up.

 

Raina : I really like kids. Is it ok for the lollipop?

Juyeon : As long as she's not eating candies all day long, it's alright

Yoo Jin : Well, well... Are we leaving or not? I want to see this gig.

Ki Seop : Let's go before she's going to get your knickers in a twist.

Bekah : I... I'm not staying, in fact. I'm sorry but I'd better go back home.

Juyeon : What? But... Why?

Kevin : Stay with us, Bekah. We're going to have a lot of fun together, you'll see.

Lizzy : Yes. Come on, do a little effort. It wouldn't be funny, either...

Hoon : Yeah. We already got to do it without Jae Seop and Ga Eun...

 

Bekah's glancing at Raina, feeling she's not wanted. The mood is a little tensed...

 

Soohyun : Bekah is going to stay? It wouldn't be the same without you.

Bekah : Well. Alright, in this case.

 

Yoo Jin is showing a cheered up face. She was afraid Bekah would leave because of Raina and that they wouldn't be all together the way she wanted. Lauren is going back into her mother's arms and they start going. Naturally, Raina is staying with Soohyun, while Bekah is walking behind, not daring to get closer. So, Ki Seop comes to keep her company.

 

Ki Seop : You know, Bekah... You can't force anyone to be with you if they don't want to. People's feelings are something they can't even control so how can you pretend controlling their feelings? It's an utopia. And trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

 

Bekah then glance to Yoo Jin, lovingly holding Hoon's hand. Suddenly, she's feeling really embarrassed. Would Ki Seop be...?

 

 

Going along the coat, then the monorail line to Palette Town... After the Dream Bridge, finally appears the Tokyo Big Sight. Ga Eun would never have thought it would take so much time to get there. If she has known, she maybe wouldn't have wore high-heel shoes with her Burberry coat and her lovely white dress. Quickly, she's noticing Jae Seop with his little brother. He really looked like him.

 

Ga Eun : Hi. Am I late?

Jae Seop : No. You're right on time. How are you?

Ga Eun : Fine. But I didn't think it would be so hard to come here.

Jae Seop : Well, neither did we. Oh, this is Jong Dae, one of my little brothers.

Jong Dae : Hi. Zainichi girls are ier than what I thought. Do you have a boyfriend?

Ga Eun : Pretty early, kids, nowadays! Wait to get a few hairs on your chin and we'll have another conversation of the kind.

Jae Seop : Sorry for you, Jong Dae. You have tried at least. Let's go?

Ga Eun : Yeah.

Jae Seop : What's your brother's name?

Ga Eun : Yu Gyeom. He's eighteen and lives in Nagasaki where he's studying in the JAM School.

Jong Dae : In the JAM School, for real? That's just so cool!

Jae Seop : What's the JAM School?

Ga Eun : Japanese Animation and Manga School. It's very famous in this field.

Jong Dae : Yeah, it's the top of the top of schools. I'd like to study there too one day.

Ga Eun : Yu Gyeom is going to give you advices if you want. Oh. My. God.

 

Seeing the huge crowd piling up in front of the Tokyo Big Sight, she's stopping, neat. Would sur had to queue after all those persons?

 

Ga Eun : But... We're never going to be able to enter before the end of the day if we have to wait behind so many people.

Jong Dae : That's why it would have been better to come earlier. I said it to hyung but it's too late now.

Jae Seop : Maybe it's quicker than what it seems.

Ga Eun : I hope so. I've got VIP tickets but I'm not sure it will help.

Jong Dae : Of course it will! Give your tickets to me, noona. I'm taking care of it.

 

He's taking her tickets and goes into the crowd. Suddenly changing his mind, he's placing them in his brother's hand and lifts his arm the highest possible. A security guard is spotting them.

 

Jong Dae : We've got VIP tickets!! We're family of an exhibitor, Lee Yu Gyeom!!

 

He has shot from the crowd and everyone has turned around to them. Ga Eun is a little ashamed. The security guard is showing them to come over. It has worked! They really were going to pass everybody by. But before they could, they have to brave all this thick crowd. Jong Dae is going through it with pride, apologizing, in clover. Ga Eun was more uncomfortable... She doesn't like having all those eyes on her. To make her way through, and not losing anyone, she's grabbing Jae Seop's coat in front of her, just like when they ran under the rain to catch a cab. He's turning around and she's smiling warmly at him.

 

Ga Eun : Not to lose you.

 

So, instead of the coat, he's catching her hand, under her surprised eyes. But quickly, she's feeling comfortable, holding his hand tighter. It only lasts until they're in front of the security guard. They're welcomed by a bunch of jealous whistles.

 

Jong Dae : I can't believe it has worked so well. It's so damn cool!

Ga Eun : Which number is his stall?

Jae Seop : Stall number 224, amateurs side.

Ga Eun : We're not ready to find with that new big crowd.

 

Once again, she stops in front of how huge is the place, how many stalls are spreading under their eyes, the thick crowd, more impressive than outisde.

 

Jong Dae : Seems like noona never went to a convention. Yet, you're living in Japan.

Ga Eun : This is not a reason for me to know about manga. Do you know about manhwa?

Jong Dae : I'm a Demon King fan.

Jae Seop : Jong Dae, leave her alone. Where do you want us to start?

Ga Eun : Honestly, I don't really know. Yu Gyeom is at the amateurs' side but we got all day. We're not obliged to see him right now. Let's take a little look before.

Jong Dae : So let's go the the Square Enix Stall! I'm sure it's very cool.

Jae Seop / Ga Eun : Whose stall?

 

They're walking for a little while between the paths, sometimes blocked in very thick human waves, sometimes along almost empty corridors. At the curve of a passage, Jong Dae takes his wallet out and shows Ga Eun the picture of a little boy.

 

Jong Dae : It's hyung when four.

Ga Eun : Is that really you?

Jae Seop : Hum. Yes. He's got one of everyone in the family. And trust me, we're many!

Ga Eun : You were so cute. What went wrong?

Jong Dae : Oh! How she broke you in two.

Ga Eun : It was a jibe, come on. Relax. I have seen a place where they're selling drinks over there. I'm damn thirsty! Would you like something?

Jong Dae : One coke, please, noona.

Jae Seop : I'm not really thirsty. Thank you.

Ga Eun : Oh, come on. We will all have a hard time finding the toilets like this.

Jae Seop : Well... Another coke for me, please.

Ga Eun : Cool. Stay here, I'm going. I'm hurrying, I promise.

 

She's getting away and the two brothers are looking at her doing so.

 

Jong Dae : Hyung, she's so cool. Are you going to go out with her?

Jae Seop : Mind your own business!

 

As she's walking to the drinks stall, Ga Eun is turning around again and gives Jae Seop a wonderful smile... which seems to please Jong Dae very much.

 

Jong Dae : How much she likes you!!!

 

 

Kyung Jae is settling Lauren on his shoulders. The whole stage is now completely visible... The little girl opens wide from this show.

 

Lauren : That's great! I can see every, every, every, everything, omma.

Juyeon : It's a good thing, niña.

Lauren : Is it for Yamapi?

Juyeon : No, it's not for him. It's a lady who's going to sing. She really likes Yamapi.

Yoo Jin : Oh, do you really do? I like him too.

Lee Young : And why do you like Yamapi, Lauren-ah?

Lauren : He's hansome!

Lizzy : Yet it was obvious.

Soohyun : You're really early.

Lauren : And latter well I'm gonna marry him!

Kyung Jae : Ah no. You said you were going to marry me. I'm jealous.

Lauren : Well... Yes but first I marry Yamapi.

Kyung Jae : I'm disappointed. It makes me want to cry.

Lauren : Ah ah ah! Nonsense. Oppas well don't cry anyway.

Bekah : She's pretty quick-fire for a little girl. But I guess that's hereditary.

Lauren : But Kyung Jae oppa is hansome though. And Soohyun oppa.

Raina : She's got good tastes.

Juyeon : What about the other oppas, honey? You don't like them?

Lauren : Hum. Yes. But Hoon oppa and Kevin oppa aready got a daling so I take all the others oppa!

 

The least one could say was that if Lauren was acting shy first now it was over! She clearly is the main attraction of the day. As the gig is beginning, Bekah is looking at Soohyun. There's Kyung Jae, Juyeon, Yoo Jin and Hoon between them. He doesn't seem to pay her much attention. He's only talking with Raina. Without a doubt, she's wasting her breath... Yet, she didn't want to give up.