Mysterious Lady

Welcome to Heaven's Gate (a U-KISS x After School drama)

Outside, the night has fall and the streets are almost empty. The city looks calm, yet the traffic jam is still important on the main avenues. There is a small ramen restaurant, with a large bay window. Eberything is made of wood, the tables and the benches, as well as the floor and the counter. The place is almost empty, except for that female costumer. She's reading a book, her huge bag at her feetpeaceful, leaning against her table. Yet, she has ate all her of her ramen plate a while ago. Her hair is black, looking as soft as velvet. She's beautiful, with a face like in the magazines and her clothes are expensive. Maybe that's Dior or Gucci. It feels weird seeing her in such a place. Next to the counter, five boys are watching her. They still have their working outfits on : shirts and pants with the restaurant's badge on.

 

Jae Seop : Maybe we should ask her to leave now..

Soohyun : Are you insane?! We can't do such a thing. What if the boss learns we have thrown a costumer... 

Kevin : Yes but if I'm not home soon, Lizzy will be angry and when she's angry, I don't have much left to eat!

Hoon : And Ara is on her own tonight.

Jae Seop : Well, let's ask her to leave, then... Kyung Jae, do it!

Kyung Jae : Why does it always have to be me? I was trying not to take part at it.

Jae Seop : Because girls can't resist you. All you have to do is smile and in less than two minutes, she will be gone.

 

He doesn't want to go. He doesn't like being the bad cop, but because he's very confident and most of girls like him very much, he's always or so chose for that role. Sighing, he's slowly stepping to the costumer. From afar, his friends keep their eyes at the show. They're watching him talking for a long time with the unknown woman. She's not leaving. And they see Kyung Jae coming back, surprised. Do they have find the woman unsensitive to Kim Kyung Jae's charms?

 

Kevin : What's wrong? Why does she not want to leave?

Kyung Jae : She said she wanted to talk tus. To the five of us!

Soohyun : Really? What for?

Kyung Jae : I don't know. She said she wouldn't leave until she has talked to us all together.

Hoon : Well... Am I the only one thinking it's weird? A woman rom out of nowhere wanting a private chat. It's a little too much.

Soohyun : You're not. I think it so.

Jae Seop : Anyway, if we want to get off, I guess we don't have the choice : gotta go there.

Kevin : Yeah, let's talk to her. What's the risk? Getting our heads chopped off? Won't be worse than what's going to happen if I don't get home quick. I want to be able to eat tempuras Lizzy has cooked for me and if I'm late, all that I will get are going to be noodles.

Soohyun : Alright, alright. Let's talk to her.

 

Even if the are suspicious about her, they all are stepping to the mysterious costumer. She's getting up as soon as she sees them coming her way.

 

Kyung Jae : Here we all are...

Juyeon : Sorry I have bothered you but I absolutely wanted to be the very last costumer. My name's Lee Juyeon. Nice to mette you, guys.

 

She's bowing to introduce herself and so the boys are. Yet, they don't understand why she wanted to talk to them. Her smile is generous and bright.

 

Jae Seop : So, what's happening? Was your order unsatisfying?

Juyeon : Not at all! The ramens were really good. No, I'm here it's to talk about business.

Kyung Jae : Business?

Juyeon : Yes, business. Have you ever heard about the Heaven's Gate? It's an hostess club, located in Ginza. It's one of the best or at least it was one of the best. Unfortunatelly, two months ago, two of our best hostesses have been stolen by the competition, along with three of our kurofukus. It sets us in a very uncomfortable position.

Hoon : OK but what does it have to do with us?

Juyeon : Here I come, Bambino. We absolutely need to recruit new members to help the club going back on top. Mama thinks that instead of hiring new hostesses, we could meet a greater success by trying a brand new concept : a co-ed club, with not only hostesses but also hosts. So I have to recruit five persons, five men... And you guys are five!

Hoon : Er... I'm not sure I understood it all.

Kevin : Well, I did I understood everything. And if I ever work in a place like this, Lizzy is going to kill me for sure!

Kyung Jae : But why us? There are many men out there ready to do such a job and you wouldn't have to try so hard to convince them.

Juyeon : It's true but I think it's a better thing to recruit five persons already knowing each other and in a real need of money. The mood in the club will get better with friends, persons with ambition and energy.

Soohyun : But what makes you believe we are going to accept? We already got a job.

Juyeon : Serving ramens? I don't think it helps you guys leading a better life. You five are quite handsome, you could take an advantage of that appearance. And getting over with money problems faster than working here for  whole year. Our fixed pay is around 15 000yens a night, but thanks to the costumer's commision, it can reach over 150 000 yens. And I'm not mentionning the fringe benefits : jewels, perfumes, luxury clothes... Please take note that my offer only stands for the five of you.

Jae Seop : Could we... talk a moment about it?

Juyeon : Please, proceed.

 

They're shutting themselves off next to the counter. Meanwhile, at her table, Juyeon is searching through her huge handbag, taking out strange objects she's putting on the table one by one.

 

Jae Seop : What do you think about it? It sounds a little shady.

Soohyun : It's true it looks a bit weird. We don't know her, nothing tells us we can truste her. At the same time, I don't think she's a sleazy someone. She looks honest.

Kyung Jae : Yes but it doesn't change the fact it's a real big risk. Her club doesn't seem to be in a good financial position. It even sounds like an act of desperation. Like the very last chance. And we are sure to have our job here. Not the best of all, but a job though.

Hoon : Wait... 15 000 yens a night. That's all I'm able to see right now. I know I would be able to pay Ara's surgery with this.

Kevin : Like I said, Lizzy is going to kill me if I ever do this. But at the same time... Our apartmenet is very small. And pretty improper. I'd like to move in a lovelier one in a better and less dangerous area.

Soohyun : If you see it like this... I could help Harmeoni in a better way with better incomes. We always have the same problem with our water heater, it's not a sane thing for an eldery.

Jae Seop : We're seven at home so it's sure things are a little short with my ony salary.

Hoon : And you, Kyung Jae, you would finaly be able to look for your biological family. Even if the club only stands for a month, we will get an interesting amount of money.

 

They're all looking beyond their shoulders. Standing next to her table, Juyeon is waiting. The things she has got ourt of her bag are all spread along the table, she's got her hands behind her back. They're going back to her. Kyung Jae is the one givng their anwsers since he has been the first one to get in touch with her.

 

Kyung Jae : It's ok. We all agree to get the job.

Juyeon : For real? That's so perfect! You don't know how I'm feeling relieved to know it. You have made the right choice. The Heaven's Gate hasn't said his last word yet.

 

She's all giving them cards she was holding in her hands. It's a lovely one made of coated paper, with her name written with elegant black letters and a picture of the inside of the club. They're all looking closer at it as Juyeon is talking.

 

Juyeon : This is my professional card. If you want to know anything, please call me. You also will find the club's contact detail on it, as well as a map of how to get there. See you tomorrow at 4 P.M, for the intervew with Mama. Don't be late. And you...

 

She's showing Kevin with her chin. He's stepping closer, shy. Even if he's taller than she is, she's impressive.

 

Juyeon : If I understood it all, you have a girlfriend, don't you?

Kevin : Well... Yes, I do. So what?

 

She's bending over to pick something she has spread over the table. At the sight of what she has in her hands, he's opening his eyes wide in shock. The others are gently making fun of him in his back.

 

Juyeon : Ta-dah! I can make it for a realy good price since you'll soon be a member of our lovely family. This is the best of the world, the greatest champions . It's puncture-proof, thin as hell and as comfortable for the partner as real skin. Alvailable in every size!

Kevin : Pwah... No thanks!

Juyeon : Why? It's safe. Safe is fine, isn't it?

Kevin : Yes but no. I'm fine. No need of that.

Juyeon : Oh? Yet, I thought I'd hit the spot. What a pity.

Kyung Jae : What are all those items in your bag?

Juyeon : My second little job. I'm a representative for a brand of knky accessories. We're constantly recruiting if you're interested.

Kyung Jae : I think I'm fine without it too. Thank you.

Juyeon : Too bad for you, my sweetie. Well, don't you guys forget : tomorrow, around 4 P.M at the club. And now... Arrivederci, mes enfants chéris!

 

She's throwing all her items inside her bag, messy while it was very tidal on the table and on this weird goodbye, she's crossing the room to the door and leaves the restaurant. The five boys can't stop staring at the door not believing what has just happened. A woman they don't even know has been able to convince them to leave their job in only fifteen minutes and they agreed. Each is thinking they might have lost their minds.

 

 

The clock is showing 4 P.M. Soohyun is the first to arrive, followed soon after by Kyung Jae. Jae Seop and Kevin has met on their way and so they're arriving together. Patiently, they are waiting for the the last one to be there who is, as usual, Hoon. The Heaven's Gate is in a luxurious building, in the center of Ginza. Lot of elegant women are walking on the same side-walk where they are, glancing at them with envy.

 

Kyung Jae : It's going to be the moment. What do you think we should do? Shall we wait for Juyeon-sshi to arrive?

Hoon : I don't think we can enter here on our own. So yeah, it's better to wait for her.

Kevin : How I wish I'd have an apartment in such an area, with Lizzy.

Soohyun : The price of the square meter might be very expensive. You'd have to work very had and very long to save the money to be able to get it. It's best not having dreams with expectations too big. By the way, what did Lizzy say when you told her about the job?

Kevin : I haven't told her yet.

Jae Seop : Are you stupid? She's going to tear your guts out once she will learn you lied. And you know it.

 

The boys suddenly see Juyeon crossing the street to meet them. She has parked her car the opposite way. Dressed in a lovely and smart orange dress with golden high-heel shoes, she's looking very pleased to see they're all here, as if she thought they would never come.

 

Juyeon : You all are here, meine kinder. That's perfect. Wünderbacht! Well, come on, we got no time to waste. Mama is expecting us anytime soon.

 

She's getting into the building's hall and they're following without a question. Inside, everything is marbled, very luxuous. They're getting down the stairs flapping at the sound of Juyeon's heels, high of about ten centimeters, and they're reaching a door : the club's entrace. Juyeon is pushing the heavy door of black varnish and earases herself to let hem in. It's even more luxuous than the hall. There are red velvet couches, glittering low tables as well as a walnut wood counter shining under the cristal's ceiling lights. Exotic plants are all around the room. Never again did they step into such a beautiful and wealthy place.

 

Juyeon : Please, take a sit. I'm going to get Mama.

 

Hesitant and tensed, they're all sitting at the same time on the same couch, as Juyeon is knocking at a little door hidden on the side.

 

Juyeon : Mama, the young men I have recruited are here as we said.

No answer. A few seconds latter, the door gets opened. Juyeon is bowing, her back almost completely straight. Park Kahi, called Mama by her employees, like in every hostess club, is appaearing in front of them. They're getting up as a sign of respect. She's a very beautiful woman, wearing a beautiful black dress and high-heels. Her long brown hair, loosen on her shoulders, are slowly dancing with every of her moves. Her body is muscled and her image is the one of a sane woman. A natural charism is envolpping her and get the boys even more impressed than they are towards Juyeon. She's nodding for them to sit back and sits as well. Juyeon is settling by her side, letting an ashtray on the low table, as Mama is lighting her long tobacco pipe. The boys are tensed because she's looking at them from head to toes. After a few seconds, she's finally smiling.

Kahi : Fine... Juyeon-ah, congratulations. You have done a very good job. You all are Korean, aren't you?

 

None of them is daring to answer. Mama is laughing, seeing how shy they're around her.

 

Kahi : Don't be so tensed. I would know it if I was eating boys! I have asked you this question because that club is a Korean one. It's reserved to the touristic elite, expatriates, zainichis and Korean disapora living in Japan. I'm not going to lie to you... Right now, the club is in a very bad phase. Working here could become the greates chance of your life as well as your worst nightmare since you could turn jobless if the club happens to close. Did Juyeon tell you?

Jae Seop : She did. Well all know this and we have took the decision knowing it all perfectly.

Kahi : Well, at least one of them is talking! I was scared your tongues have been stolen by the competition. Juyeon-ah.... Could you please get us a soju bottle?

 

Juyeon is getting up and disappears in a room behind.

 

Kahi : We're an hostess club here. Ginza has no hosts clubs, they all are in Kabuki-cho. The bet I'm taking in making the first co-ed club out of the Heaven's Gate is very risky. But that's my last chance. I suppose none of you know anything about the host and kurofuku's work?

Kyung Jae : We don't know anything about it but we're willing to learn. We'll be doing our best.

Kahi : It's all in your honor. Hosts are here to entertain and flatter costumers. It's a seduction game, a simuation of it let's even say and the costumers know about it. The host is also here to make the women drink. Drinks are the most important part of your commisions. Hosts and hostesses are evaluated on how much money they earn for the club. Let's be clear about something : a host never should have an intimate relationship with a costumer. It's a rule I'll be inflexible on. As you guys would guess, we don't have other hosts but the girls will teach you everything you need to know. Let's talk about kurofukus now. Their purpose is to welcome the costumers, taking their coats, leading them to their tables, bringing beverages, but they also watch out that everything is ok for the hostesses. I think the first thing to do will be to choose who is going to be host and who is going to be a kurofuku. For this, boys, I'll ask you to get up please.

 

Juyeon is coming back with the soju. She's silently putting the bottle on the table, serving everyone while looking at the scene. The boys are getting up. Mama, standing in front of them, is moving to one to another, this time staring at them more in details. Once she's done, Juyeon whispers something in her ear and she nods. But they don't hear what she said.

 

Kahi : Fine. You, what's your name?

Jae Seop : Kim Jae Seop, Mrs. Kahi...

Kahi : Please call me Mama. That's how female bosses from the hostess clubs are called. You, I don't have a lot to wonder, you'll be a kurofuku. You're inspiring me great trust and mental strength. It's perfect for the job. You, you are...?

Kyung Jae : I am Kyung Jae, Mama.

Kahi : No wondering about you as well. You'll be host. Women are going to be crazy over you... He's such a babe, and very manly with it. Isn't it, Juyeon-ah?

Juyeon : Yes, Mama.

 

He's feeling a bit embarrased by the compliment, his cheeks slightly turning pink. His friends are making fun of him in his back, laughing with the mouth close. But when it's Kevin's turn, he's no more laughing. Before she even asks, he's giving his name.

 

Kahi :  So you are Kevin... The one with a girlfriend. Juyeon-ah has just tell me.

Kevin : Yes. And she's the jealus type so I'm afraid that...

Kahi : That would be such a pity to make a kurofuku out of you. I'm sure a lot of costumers would absolutely adore someone like you. You make me think about a cherub... Or a cute teddy bear.

 

Once again, his friends are lauging behind them, this time hardly hiding their giggles.

 

Kahi : Since there are only twho host job vacancies,let's say your fate will depend on the others left. You are...?

Hoon : Hoon, Mama.

Kahi : Hum. I'm not sure... You have an appealing face, like... Like you're the kind to make the girls falling in love. But maybe that's not so good. Costumers falling in love are hard to deal with. I think it would be safer if you were a kurofuku. What a pity, they would have to go without that amazing body of yours. They're going to ogle you a lot when wearing a suit, I can smell a lot of fantasies already... And, finally, you...

Soohyun : My name is Soohyun, Mama. Choose whatever you wantfor me, I've got no preferences.

Kahi : Good star for you. But I think I will like you best as an host. Women love manly guys with a little something mysterious yet soft, just like you. Yes, with you and angel face, they all will be melting down! So, Kevin, you'll be kurofuku. Your girlfriend won't have to worry.

Kevin : Thank you, Kahi-sshi. Well, I mean, Mama. Thanks a lot.

Kahi : Don't mention it. Drink your soju. After that, Juyeon-ah will show you where to get changed. Tonight, you're going to be trainees and tomorrow... It will be D-Day!

Hoon : Wait a minute. Does it mean we're starting to work today?

Kahi : That's exactly what it means. Why? Is there a problem?

Hoon : My little sister doesn't know about it, and... She's ill, so...

Kahi : Juyeon-ah is going to lend you a phone so you can call her. Meanwhile... Let's cheer to the Heaven's Gate new life! Let's hope this rebirth will help the phenix rise up again.

 

And it'd better to! Mama has bet everything she had on it and the boys has lost their fixed job to get into the adventures. Although none of them usually drink at daylight, they're all swallowing the offered alcohol, hoping it'll get them courage.

 

 

A cellphone's screen is swtiching on. It's vibrating on a bedside table, a SHINee's song resounding. Ara's stretching her hand to the phone. It's tensing a second but she's able to stretch it completely to grab the phone. Lying on her bed, she's looking at Dong Ho's back, in the kitchen. He's making some tea for her, while humming a song, the same than her ringtone.

 

Ara : Yoboseyo?

Hoon : That's me. Is everything ok?

Ara : Yes, everything's under control. Oppa... Do you have a problem?

Hoon : Well, in fact, you know, the new job I told you about... It's starting today. Could you ask Dong Ho to stay with you tonight? I don't know when I'll be home. You're going to do that, aren't you? Don't try to handle things on your own.

Ara : Yes, don't worry. Just work hard, it's going to be perfectly fine. Got it?

Hoon : Take good care of yourself.

Ara : I will, oppa. Now go to work, it's important.

 

Hoon hangs up. He's sighing, scratching his head. Everytime he has to leave Ara on his own, he can't help but worriying. Even when she says she will be alright, reassuring him with the presence of her boyfriend, he's scared because he knows her by heart. She always wants to manage herself, as if she never needed any help. After putting his phone back into his pocket, he's joining the others. Juyeon is showing them the locker room. It's a very small room, with iron compartment, a little rusty and a washbasin. Yet, everything is perfectly clean.

 

Juyeon : You will get changed here, with our kuofukus, Ki Seop, Ki Bum and Jun. It's not very warm, sorry guys, but we can't settle a real lodge for you here. Is it going to be ok, mi amores?

 

They're all nodding. Juyeon is then leading them to another at the opposite. There is nothing, except a wine cellar with a dial on it.

 

Juyeon : Beverages are all stored behind the count of the main room. So is food in the small fridge under the bar. Here, there only are rare wines and our most expensive champagne bottles. Just in case. I will give you the code, ragazzi, don't be afraid.

 

The tour keeps on. This time, she's leading them to the main room.

 

Juyeon : Last but not least, here is the room you'll spend most of your time. While waiting for the costumers, we're staying at the bar or on the couches. Ki Bum, Ki Seop and Jun will take care of that better than I but I'm going to try to show you a few things of what a kurofuku should do on duty. Let's see... Let's admit Kyung Jae is a costumer. Could you please come with me to the door, angelito?

Kyung Jae : Well... Yes.

 

Juyeon is taking his arm and leads him to the club's entrace. She's grabbing Mama's coat and puts it on his arm.

 

Juyeon : The costumer already has taken off his coat. You don't have to touch it until he gives it to you. You have to hang it behind you, on the racks. If that's a new costumer, you have to make him sit somewhere. Mama will be with you to ask him whose hostess he wants. From now on, you have to think about bringing an ashtray just in case he would be a smoker, and... Oh yes, the hostess is going to order alcohol, you'll have to give it to her. I'm going to show you how to settle the tray after that. Put it as silently as possible. You shouldn't be noticed. Last thing, very important : keep your eyes open. You should pay attention about costumers likely to be uncorrect. Let me reassure you, they rarely are disturbing but you can never be too careful. Is it going to be ok? There are a lot of things to remember, I know.

Jae Seop : It's going to be ok.

Kevin : Yes, at the ramen restaurant, we didn't have any notebook so we all got an excellent memory.

 

She's showing them how to settle the glasses and the bottles on the tray, then asks Kevin, Jae Seop and Hoon to train, while she's explaining to the two others what there is to know about the host's role.

As they're trying to remember everything Juyeon has told them, preparing a tray as an exercice, Jae Seop is nudging at the boys.

 

Jae Seop : Hey, don't you have noticed?

Hoon : Waht?

Jae Seop : Juyeon-ah... Don't you think Kyung Jae is to her taste?

Kevin : What does make you say that?

Jae Seop : I have noticed she's often talking to him, looking straight into his eyes. She's brushing his arms on purpose, as if nothing... And, earlier, when Mama said he was a hottie, she said yes immediately.

Kevin : She wasn't going to say no, like he's ugly in front of him and her boss. And us. She was forced to yield.

Hoon : No, I think he's right. She could have chose any of us to play the costumer, especially since he's going to be an host and not us. It's not his own business. But she has chose him. That good ol' Kyung Jae... Nothing has changed since high school!

Jae Seop : Neither did it since Junior High.

 

Farther, on the red couches Juyeon keeps on explaining.

 

Juyeon : Usually, we are working with an assistant, but since you're only two, you can only rely on yourself when you are with one or many costumers. One of the most important thing is to make sure you never let a costumer for another. No one should feel neglected. Flatter them, be sure they're feeling good. When she takes a cigarette, don't let her wait. Move the lighter forward like this. When it comes to alcohol, manage to put her glass in front of her noiselessly and pour it never putting the neck on the glass edge, it makes a disturbing sound... Well, I think you got the essential. You will have the occasion to see it up close tonight. Well, if there are costumers...

 

The two boys are looking at each other, frowning. Is it so serious there isn't any costumer at all? Mama suddenly appears, getting out of her office. She is changed into a blue-electric cocktail dress, her hair in a bun. Even her makeup is different.

 

Kahi : The rest of the staff will be there soon. You all should go and get changed. You too, Juyeon-ah. You can borrow the suits let by the former boys for today, but I'm asking you to buy your own for tomorrow. Let's meet here in ten minutes and I will introduce the staff to you.

 

 

The boys had found suits in the compartments. Each is taking his randomly, not paying attention to the sizes. While they're getting changed, they're talking, a little tensed.

 

Soohyun : I wonder what the other hostesses are looking like.

Kevin : Why? Do you hope you'll get yourself a girlfriend?

Soohyun : It has nothing to do with that. Girls are not the only thing on my mind. I'm just wondering. Don't tell me you're not asking yourself the same question.

Kyung Jae : I must confess. I'm curious to know if they all are as eccentric as Juyeon.

Jae Seop : You haven't noticed anything about her?

Kyung Jae : Am I supposed to have notice something?

Hoon : Forget about it. He always been the last one to see these kind of things! Really... Things haven't changed since High School!

They're laughing out loud but Kyung Jae is the onl one who doesn't understand. He's looking lost but finally gives it up, shrugging. Fine, he didn't want to know, anyway! Or at lease, he pretend not to.

 

 

In the main room. The place is full of brand new persons, three boys and three girls. Everyone is dressed casual, except the girls. They're standing next to the bar, with water glasses in their hands. Kahi is clearing and they all turn around to look at her.

 

Kahi : Is everyone here?

Bekah : Yeah, everyone. But the same one, again and again.

Ga Eun : Don't you know where she is?

Ki Seop : I don't. We're not living together anymore, I recall you. I can't control everyhting she does.

Kahi : You know how she is. She surely will be there at the very last moment!

Bekah : Not to change.

Kahi : Well, here they are. You'll be nice to keep your comments to yourself. I want to coutn on you all to help them feeling good here. The Heavn's Gate has always been like a family. Please, carry one with the tradition. I want them to want to stay.

 

They're stepping inside the room, finally changed. It's easy to see they're not feeling at ease with tose suits which are not theirs, always pulling the collar with smirks.  Everyone smile warmly as they're slowly approaching. Mama is coming between to the presentation.

 

Kahi : Since the staff is almost complete, let's start. Let me introduce your new colleagues : here is Kevin, Hoon and Jae Seop who will be our new kurofukus, and Soohyun and angel face, who will be hosts.

Kyung Jae : Em... This is not my name, Mama. My name's Kyung Jae.

Kahi : Oh yes, I apologize. Désolée, mon bichon.

 

Everyone's laughing and the mood suddenly feels much better. As they have been introduced, they're bowing to greet the new staff.

 

Kahi : Here are our kurofukus : Ki Seop the hottie, Jun the bay and Ki Bum... Well, that's Ki Bum. They will help you the best they can. Don't you?

Ki Seop : You can count on me, Mama.

Ki Bum : On me too. There's no problem.

Kahi : Jun-ah?

Jun : Oh yes, Mam. Sorry. Well... You can count on me too.

Kahi : Why wouldn't I stake my life on it? You shall pay more attention, how many times did I tell you? Well... Let's get over it beautifully, young men, with our lovely hostesses, since without them there would be no us. You already know Juyeon... The rest of the staff is composed of Lee Young, Ga Eun, Bekah...

 

A young girl is arriving on the run, trying to be as discreet as possible. She's tall, with long brown hair dressed in a complicated pony-tail. Though slender, she's got s and hips, and honey thighs. She's already dressed in her silky pinkish cocktail dress. Her face with high cheekbones and lovely features is brightening by a lovely innocent smile. Passing by, her gaze meets Hoon's for a second before she's lowering it shyly. She's settling herself in the row as if nothing.

 

Kahi : And late, as always, here is Yoo Jin.

Yoo Jin : Mianhamnida, Mama. Jjinja mianhamnida.

 

She's turning to Ki Seop, and asks in a low voice if her hair is lovely. He's answering that she's really cute. Everybody is here now. The first night of work is about to begin.

 

 

But half an hour after the club has opened, still no costumers in sight. Ki Seop and Ki Bum help revising a few essential things to the three new ones, while the hostesses, as well as Kyung Jae and Soohyun are waiting on the red couches. Leaning against the mellow back of the couch, Yoo Jin is getting bored.

 

Yoo Jin : Oppa... Do you think the club will stay up like this? Because it scares me.

Ki Seop : Don't give up so soon, Yoo Jin. The bad phase only lasted for a month.

Kevin : Are you siblings? I would never have guessed.

Soohyun : Neither would I. I thought you were a couple!

Yoo Jin : No! You guys are crazy...Aww...

Bekah : You can't blame them for believing it. The way you behave together is leadng to confusion, got to admith the truth. And for what I'm thinking about the club, I guess Ki Seop is slightly utopian, as always.

Lee Young : If that's whay you're thinking, what are you still doing here? You'd better stop coming to work at all.

Ki Bum : Don't start arguing. Think about the image you're showing to your new colleagues.

 

Everybody shuts up. The boys are looking at each other, worried. The morale of everyone doesn't seem to be good at all and they weren't thinking the situation was that complicated. Jun, who was downstairs, is climbing back to the room, like exciting. Everyone's turning to him.

 

Jun : There is a costumer! He's here to see Juyeon!

 

Immediately, everyone is getting ready. They all are going to their position in a few seconds. The boys are a little paniced. Ki Seop gestures to stay neutral, as Ki Bum is going to welcome the man coming in. He's about fifty and wears an expensive suit, a luxury watch. Seeing him appear, Juyeon is leaping on her feet and show her best smile.

 

Juyeon : Wang-seonsaengnim! It's been a whle... I'm so happy to see you.

Mr. Wang : Juyeon-ah... I'm happy that you're happy. Why the club is so empty? Is there changes in the staff?

Juyeon : Yes, the club is trying a new concept. We're going to be the first co-ed club. By the way, these young men are new, would it bother soensaengnim if they stayed with us to see how it's going on? They won't interefere, I promise.

Mr. Wang : If they don't interefere, alright... But so, please take two lovely assistants instead of one.

 

While Ki Bum is leading them to a table, Juyeon si going to the couch where the girls are. She's choosing Lee Young immediately, then talks a bit to the others. It's  Bekah who's getting up to join Seonsaengnim to his table.

 

Ki Seop : Juyeon always chooses Yoo Jin. Since she's pretty clumsy and Juyeon is the number one hostess, costumers won't complain whn my little sister is doing a mistake, which is often. What's a little surprising is that she also chose Bekah. They're not really close.

 

The three boys are turning to the table to wtach the girls in action. As she's sitting, Yoo Jin has a new quick gaze towards Hoon and slightly blushes. Ki Seop is noticing it, but acts as if nothing. At the table, Soohyun and Kyung Jae are watching Juyeon with curiosity, in her hostess role.

 

Juyeon : Was your trip to Shanghai good, Seonsaengnim?

Mr. Wang : It was wonderful, thanks. Do you know Shanghai or China?

Juyeon : I don't. Younger, I've tripped to Europe but the only Asian countries I have seen are Japan and South Korea.

Mr. Wang : I will bring you there one day.

Bekah : Will your next novel be happening in China?

Mr. Wang : Yes, indeed.

Bekah : I can't wait to read it.

Juyeon : Seonsaengnim's book are so fascinating. Can you tell us what's the main plot or is it an absolute secret?

 

They're not the same person anymore, whether it is Juyeon, Bekah or Yoo Jin. All that they were doing seems to be made to seduce Wang-Seonsaengnim. Just to watch that single show, they're learning a lot quickly, about that odd job of host.