{Chapter 6 – The Contract...} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Nell - To Regret}

-----------------------------------------

It has been more than a week since Suri had last spoken or saw Kris, and she's been doing nothing but stare at the contract that Kris had given her.

The conditions were simple. In summary, the proposal were like, get married, live a fake happy marriage, and after Kris got what he wanted, everyone goes their separate ways, easy as that.

But what’s keeping Suri back from going back to the Wu’s company, from seeing Kris again? She said she’s willing to help Kris in any sorts of way when he saved her, but why is she hesitating on this one?

There were a lot of things going around her little head and she couldn’t get a hold of each question. “What the hell am I doing? Just say yes!” She groans in frustration.

Suri grabbed the contract and her shoulder bag, and left the apartment.

    

After the bus dropped her in the center of Seoul, Suri took her time by going around the city first before really making her decision.

The decision that she would either regret in the future or it would benefit her in so many ways. Whatever it is, she can’t keep walking around in circles, she need to see Kris now and give him her definite answer.

Suri went back to the Wu’s enterprise, before going in the building she stood before the tall-almighty tower first, taking couple of deep breaths, and telling herself to toughen up.

And as soon as Suri stepped her foot inside the building, it seemed that everyone knew who she was, letting her pass through the security checks and straight to the elevator, pressing Kris’s floor number.

When Suri reached the 20th floor, the secretary name Lia wasn’t there. Suri took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

“Come in,” Kris said. Does he always sound so calm? She let out a quick sharp breath and entered. Suri was then greeted by Kris and two elders, his parents, she reckoned.

A smile spread across Kris’s face. Thank God that Suri wasn’t holding the contract as it was kept inside her bag.

“Hey beautiful, I was wondering when you will ever get here.” Kris chuckled. Suri was standing there, dumbfounded at the situation. She shuffled her foot over to Kris’s side as he motioned her to come closer.

Kris’s opened arm earlier was now rested on Suri’s waist, she was uncomfortable actually, but she kept her best poker face on. “Mom, dad, I’d like you to meet Suri.” Kris introduced.

“Suri, they are my parents.” Suri froze, she bowed awkwardly “Nice to meet you.” Stuttering is part of Suri when she meets new people.

Kris’s mother smiled softly “You have a beautiful name dear. What does it mean?” Suri had open and close as she didn’t have the answer to the question.

“Suri means rose in Persian, sun in Indian, and princess in Hebrew.” Kris saved her. Suri gave him an odd look and face the elders again.

Kris’s parents nodded their head “No wonder why it sounded beautiful. Just like the person itself.” His mother indirectly compliments Suri.

Suri still had no clue about what to say. The room suddenly became quiet, making Suri squirm under Kris’s touch. “Like I said earlier, why didn’t you guys tell me that you were coming over?” Kris spoke.

His father laughed, the man may look old but he’s still as handsome as Kris. Suri admitted that she was surprised by her own thoughts ‘Handsome? Where did that came from?’ questioning her own subconscious.

“Why would we do that? This place is like our house as well, we could come anytime we want.” The elder man smirked at his son. Kris replied nothing but a nod “I was going to take Suri out for a lunch, but since you guys came, why don’t we have lunch together then?”

His mother smiled, shaking her head and hands “It’s alright. We’ll have our own lunch somewhere; you two youngsters must go on with your date.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter