{Chapter 5 – The Proposal...} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Jaymes Young - Wondering}

------------------------------------------

“Luhan, can you leave both of us alone, please?” That wasn’t a request that was an order. Luhan glance between Kris and Suri, and left the office nonetheless.

Once Luhan was out of sight, Kris spoke “Ms. Suri, how are you?” He asked. Suri smiled weakly “I’m fine, you?”

“To be honest, I’m not fine. I need help.” Kris gracefully walked down to the front of his desk. “What kind of help?” Suri questioned, curious.

Kris didn’t want to be too blunt, he was trying to find the right words in his head. “I’m so rude, please take a sit. Do you want anything to drink?” He offered.

Suri shook her head and sat down. Kris smiled “I insist, perhaps water would be okay?” Suri sighed inwardly “Okay.”

Kris pressed one of the buttons on the phone, connecting it to Lia in front “Lia, can I get some water here, please?”

“Yes sir,” Lia replied. Suri was impressed at how Kris could control everyone. “So, what kind of help were you in need of?” Suri asked again.

Kris came by, sitting in the chair opposite from hers, his elbows propping on his knees, he looked so serious that it made Suri feel scared.

Suri jumped at the knock on the door, Lia came in with the water that was asked for earlier and left the room. “Drink, your lips are dry,” Kris spoke.

Suri instantly pressed her lips into a thin line, looking away and did as told. She took a sip of the water, giving Kris a questioning look.

“I need your help Suri,” Kris said as calm as ever “Remember when you said that you owe me your life and if there’s anything I need just tell you?” Suri nodded as she remembered the exact words she said when he saved her life.

Kris stayed quiet again, rubbing his hands against each other, biting his bottom lip while looking down on the floor. The atmosphere in the office was getting tense and Suri didn’t like every bit of it.

“I need you to marry me,” Kris said it, looking right into her eyes. Suri gape, confusingly blinking her eyes, and still uncertain of what he just said.

Suri looked over to her side, insecure of the question that would come out of , and face back Kris “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.” slightly shaking her head.

Kris was still in the same position that he was in earlier, elbows on his knees, hands rubbing against each other. “I said, I need you to marry me.” He almost sounded like he was begging her.

Suri was still baffled by the situation “Did you just say you need me to marry you?” Kris nodded, there was no fooling around in his eyes, and it was dead serious.

suddenly felt thirsty, she glanced at the glass of water on the coffee table and to Kris. Suri pushed her manners aside and took a big gulp of the water, cooling herself down.

“You need me to marry you, why?” She asked. “My parents kept, well, my mother actually. She kept forcin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter