The Story of Us: IV

The Story of Us

THE STORY OF US: IV

Jiyeon’s POV

 

2:55 am

 

Hoya picked me after ten minutes waiting and we’re walks down to the park behind my apartment’s tower. I tell him what bring me on yesterday and the reason I called him. We’re sitting on the bench. There’s nobody here, just us.

 

“And because of it you both arguing?”, Hoya asked as he wipes my tears. I just nodded. “Don’t be like that again. It’s because she care so much about you and told you to forget that ‘person’, you can’t love two men at the same time”, he continued.

“But I already moving on from him!”, I replied.

“Oh, really? Then why you still hate pink?”, his words piss me off enough.

 

I’m not answering his question and throw a question to my own self. Why I still hate pink? Am I still waiting a miracle for JB? Should I apologize to Jayeon?

 

“No more words?”, he mess my hair. I just shook my head.

“Thank you for being a good listener, and I’m sorry for bothering you at this time”, I hug him and pat his back.

“Not a big deal”, he rubs my hair. “Can we get back now? I can’t lie I’m so sleepy”.

I release the hug and smile at him. “Sure, but don’t go home”.

“What?”.

“Please accompany me, mom and dad not coming home yet”, I pouts, hope this thing work on him.

“Just for tonight”, he sighs and get up.

“Yes!”, I follow him and we get back together.

 

When we reach my place, I ran to my run and grabbed pillow and blanket, it’s for Hoya. Should I take out my fold bed too?

 

“Hurry up I’m so sleepy!”, he yelling from the living room.

“Yes sir!”, I came to him and throw things on him. “Take a good rest baby”, I pinched his cheeks and ran to my room.

 

Jayeon’s POV

11:17 pm

 

‘Damn Jayeon, what have you done? Look, now you mess up everything’. I should follow my sense to talk about this problem earlier with Jiyeon, but Siwan oppa forbid me because he said Jiyeon will mad at me, but I think this is the worst than tell the truth from beginning. And he the one who said “don’t”, why he change his mind and tell truth? Damn Im Siwan.

‘Just grab your i-pod and put your earphone, Maroon 5’s songs seems better for now, don’t forget with full volumes Jayeon, don’t bother Jiyeon right now she need time and apologize to her tomorrow, don’t hold this problem any longer if you love her’. Thanks for myself, because ‘she’ the one who being a true friend for my own when everyone doesn’t.

I hate flashback to that time, but whenever I sad, I always remember that time. I was a shy type and a quite person, I have no talents, no friends, no clubs, yes I was a nerd and the one who got bullied, everyone hate me, except for ‘myself’, Jiyeon and my family. They always protected me until the time Jiyeon and I not in the same school, everybody think that my junior high and my senior high school are different, but it same, everything is same (except the building and people who bullied me). Until one day I got fever and mom found scars on my back and thighs, she told me to be honest and I explained everything, Jiyeon heard that and she came to my school, she blamed those people who bullied me.

The next day Jiyeon drag me to somewhere, she asked me to cut down my hair, and I followed her suggest, she told me how to protect myself (join judo or taekwondo), and I followed her suggest, she said I need to changes my style and my personalities, and I did it. Voila! People know me as a boyish girl. Everything is under control, nobody ever dare to bully me again, everyone look scares with my existence, but it’s better. I have no girl friends (except Luna), my boy friends are everywhere. I got my black belt on taekwondo many years ago, and I join basketball club after that (that’s why I’ve taller eight centimeters than Jiyeon).

Mom bring me to music course, and I study about every kind of instruments there, but she still not agree if I enter a music school, she said I need to be a philosophical or scientist and finally I trap with her dream.

 

I can feel my phone is vibrating now, it’s Myungsoo.

I paused my i-pod and grab my phone.

 

“Whassup?”, I answered lazily.

“Don’t forget tomorrow, at the usual place”.

“What tomorrow?”.

“Match”, oh damn I forgot.

“Yeah I know, see you tomorrow”, I hang up the call. Sorry Myungsoo, I’m not in a mood for talking right now.

 

6:38 am

 

I can’t take a good rest last night, seems I will sleep in peace after apologize to my sister. I don’t know why mom and dad still not back yet, are they not worries with the daughters? Oh please.

I hear someone snores from the outside my room, exactly it’s not Jiyeon. She will come to a therapist before the snore happen. I stood up, my body stumbling since I’m not sleep at all and open the door.

I step carefully to the living room, I can see man’s foot with black sock. It’s not dad’s, its….

 

“Hoya?”, I bite my finger, hope this guy not hear me. I step backward to the kitchen, prepare breakfast.

 

Good girl, nothing here. I forgot buy ingredients. It just banana milks and peppers, sigh.

 

“I bought this”.

“Lord! You startled me”, suddenly Jiyeon standing next to me with paper bag.

“Sorry”, she chuckles. Is her mood back already? What a bipolar.

I grab the bag and take outside the dish. Coconut breads and coffee cans, nice combination. “Um Jiyeon”, I open my mouth as she open the bread’s plastic.

“No need, I’m the one who say sorry. Sorry for being a bad sister”, she talk when she chews her bread.

“No, you’re not wrong. I’m sorry to not tell you from earlier…”, I grab a coffee can, this is an awkward situation, really.

“There’s must be a reason. Don’t worry let’s forget about that”, I don’t know since when she being a person like this. It’s a big change, but good.

“Yes, thanks for understanding me”, I hugs Jiyeon as she open her arms. Finally, we make up now.

“So, can you accompany me shopping today?”, she asked with spoiled voices.

“Sorry I can’t. I have a match today”, I replied with regret face, but it’s really I am.

“What match?”.

“Basketball match”.

“Oh I see, do your best”.

 

Without take a bath, I change my suit and bring my black all star bag (I put my shoes and clothes for change there). It only took ten minutes from here, no need driving, walks is better anyway.

Imagine Dragon’s for this morning. Plug my earphone, turn on my i-pod, click Night Visions album, and Radioactive sounds obvious in my ears, my mouth automatically lip sync that song, beautiful morning!

 

7:10 am

 

Finally I’m here. On the basketball court next to my elementary school, this place is cool and quiet. In the afternoon the cheerleaders usually use for practice, so we better came here in the morning or evening.

But I see no one, only a guy with his old sweating jacket sleeping on the audience seat, Kim Myungsoo. He’s like running out of life, no motivation, no power, no soul.  And where is our rival team? Sungjong’s team is the only compatible rival for Infinite and I, they’re good player.

 

“Wake up sleepy head!”, I slap his face with my handkerchief. He just growls.

“Five minutes”, he took my handkerchief to cover his face.

“Whatever. Where’s the other?”, I sit down next to him.

“Not coming”, he answered with hard voices. He must be not sleep last night, as usual.

“What? Why did you just tell me now?”.

“Your phone is off stupid!”, he throw my handkerchief to me back and get up.

“Oh yea…”, I reach my phone and turn it on, three new messages from Myungsoo, sorry buddy.

“Geez”, he pushed my head. “Sungjong had fight last night, so he got injuries now. And my members prepare something for the next comeback”.

“Poor Sungjong…”, I mumbled. “Talking about your comeback, you’re not try sign with agency? Your group is not bad at all”.

“I don’t want to. I could easily sign with agency, but I think this is not the time”.

“What are you waiting for? A whole people need to know you. Are you satisfied for being a famous college’s band group that got noticed by Korean youtube’s broadway and get airing your music videos? If I were you I would be more than it”.

“Humans are never satisfied”.

“Yes, so you must be in charge of boon that given for you, use it well”, I pats his back head. He’s not answering my question. “Even not all Korean know Infinite”.

“Shut up, I have my own way”, he gazes me.

“Okay I give up”, I put my hands on the air.

“Treat me for breakfast”.

“No. You have money, throw away your bad habit”.

“I’ll thinking about join an agency if you treat me”.

“Liar”, I stood up and walk, let’s left this ‘something’ guy here.

“No, I promise”, he block my way.

“With another condition, accompany me next Friday to my sister’s engagement party”.

“Dang it I can’t. Soo Jung’s party is on Friday too”, he clicked his tongue.

“What party?”, I frowned.

“She not invited you? Her birthday”.

“Nope, anyway I’m not her friend or anything. Just move on, she never into you”, I embrace him and we walks together.

“She is into me, but Suzy block us”.

“Trust me, even you both liking each other there’s no way. Almost the same with Jiyeon’s case”.

“Is someone blocking her too?”.

“It’s not like that, forget it. Oh I almost forgot! Jiyeon is joining your antifans’s café”.

“WHAT?”, He dropped his jaw. “But we just know each other yesterday!”.

“I don’t know what her motive. She said, she fell on the first sight with Infinite’s drummer, when I told her it’s you she grabbed her phone and…”.

“That spoiled lady”, Myungsoo gnashing his teeth.

 

 Suddenly my I feel my phone vibrating from my pant pocket, and it mom, calling me.

 

“Mom! Where have you been?!”.

“Easy sweetheart, where are you? I need to tell my daughters about something”.

“I’m with my friend right now”.

“Just go home now, drag your friend here, your dad and I need to go this afternoon. Don’t worry, our dining table is full”, yes, that’s what I mean mom.

“Okay, see you in ten minutes mom”, I hang up the phone first.

 

7:30 am

 

This is the first time I see my place so crowded. Hoya is still here, Jiyeon may asked him to stay longer as she want to shopping this afternoon, and I drag Myungsoo to came with me. Mom and dad also here, it’s a beautiful scenery.

I can’t let Myungsoo and Jiyeon arguing for this moment. Please Myungsoo be a good guy for hours, don’t let the real part of my sister come out.

Dad sat on the main left seat (he could see all people from there). Jiyeon and Hoya sat across while I sat across with Myungsoo. Mom sat on the main right seat. Perfecto.

 

“So… we have two important news”, mom start her speech.

“First, Jiyeon will be Siwan’s officially fiancée soon”, she smiles with joyful to Jiyeon.

“Second, this place is no longer mine nor mom. This is officially my daughter’s place. I’ve bought another mansion ten blocks from here”, dad continued. Oh that’s why my parent never came back, sigh. “Let say this is a mini celebrate, a beautiful day to see my daughters growing and bring their friends here”.

“Anyway, we have new family member here, please introduce yourself”, mom talk to Myungsoo. He stands up as mom smiled to him.

“Good morning, my name is Kim Myungsoo. I’m a friend of Jayeon, it’s a pleasure to meet her family”, he bows down to mom and dad.

“Pleasure to meet you too, Myungsoo. Please be good to Jayeon”, dad replied. Oh dad, please!

 

Mom put foods on our plates on by one, she the most incredible mother for me. Hoya and Myungsoo eat very heartily. Jiyeon not turn towards Myungsoo at all, she just droop seriously with her food.

It’s not strange if Hoya eats together with us, it’s not his first time. But Myungsoo is a new stuff, mom seems like him. Who doesn’t like Myungsoo anyway? Oh yes my sister does.

 

“Here Myungsoo, eat well”, mom gave him the last egg shrimp roll.

“Mom, it’s mine”, Jiyeon scold mom, please not now! Please mom, give it to Jiyeon.

“Oh, I forgot my daughter love this so much, I’ll buy a box for you later. You can eat this”, mom gave her half-cooked shrimp.

“No, I want that egg, now”, Jiyeon give Myungsoo an evil look, she hope that guy will give the egg. I nudged him.

“Thanks Auntie for the food, I really like it”, Myungsoo innocently chewing the egg and stare at Jiyeon with triumphantly.

“Good then”, mom smiles (again). “By the way, your face look familiar…”.

“If you know Infinite you must be recognize this guy mom”, I answered.

“Right!”, mom and dad clapped hands together.

Infinite is not that famous, I just found out yesterday. Besides, this drummer looks bad in reality, I fooled”, Jiyeon suddenly talk like that. It means the war begin.

“Young lady, I know you must be studied very hard and diligently in Paris until you forget manners and Korean’s polite language. Do you know what sasaeng fans mean? I several times met sasaeng fans that almost similar like you, your way is too mainstream”, Myungsoo replied. Oh damn Myungsoo let me kill you.

“Jiyeon, you shouldn’t talk like that”, mom frowned at Jiyeon. “He is so kind and good looking, what do you mean ‘bad’? You never change, please fix your manners”.

“Mom!”, she stood up.

“Jiyeon, your mom is right. Please go to your room and come out when you realize your mistake”, this time dad looks creepier than Jiyeon.

“Ugh”, she walks to her room and slammed the door. My perfect morning ruined just because an egg shrimp roll, funny.

 

 

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-

 

Hi everyone!

Don’t worry, Myungyeon moments always be there, I think it’s too fast if too much their moments at the beginning chapter.

Let’s looking forward for the next update, I have a surprise huhehehehe =D

 

By the way, did you guys know about Ladies Code’s tragedy? I send my deep condolences for Eunbi, her family, her fans, and her friends. And let’s pray the best result for Rise and Sojung, hope they’ll recovery sooner. For the agency, staffs, managers, and the driver family hope they can pass this with a big heart. #RIPEunB